DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Administrator Announcements >> DPL Sign-Ups Are Open!!! (and DPC Outage Info)
Pages:  
Showing posts 201 - 210 of 210, (reverse)
AuthorThread
05/13/2007 09:11:07 PM · #201
Originally posted by citymars:

So... we have five on our team and one "formal" invitation hanging (not to mention all the direct PM invitations I made).

Do I withdraw the invite to person #6, or send a formal invite to someone to make person #7?

Does this make sense? :-}


I had the same thought, so I just sent another invite to a seventh person. From what I read in the rules, you can have no <5 <=6 <=7. Does that make sense? At least 5 and then 6 or 7. You can also change players once in the season or switch players after checking with the site council. I'm still not fully clear on it though. If the six and seven will be reserve players or what?
05/13/2007 09:19:46 PM · #202
So then all seven members have the same rights and privileges? Depending on whether they are DPChallenge members or registered users, I mean.
05/13/2007 09:25:39 PM · #203
Originally posted by ssodell:

Originally posted by citymars:

So... we have five on our team and one "formal" invitation hanging (not to mention all the direct PM invitations I made).

Do I withdraw the invite to person #6, or send a formal invite to someone to make person #7?

Does this make sense? :-}


I had the same thought, so I just sent another invite to a seventh person. From what I read in the rules, you can have no <5 <=6 <=7. Does that make sense? At least 5 and then 6 or 7. You can also change players once in the season or switch players after checking with the site council. I'm still not fully clear on it though. If the six and seven will be reserve players or what?

They will not be reserve players. Their score will count each week just like the all photographers. If the 6 and 7 player (photographer) has one of the four highest team scores then their score will count.

Every member of a team has the same rights with the exception:
1. only a member can start a team
2. Members have the opportunity to enter two challenges per week that can count toward the teams score where a R-User can only enter one unless they upgrade to a member.
05/13/2007 09:28:38 PM · #204
Originally posted by ssodell:

Originally posted by citymars:

So... we have five on our team and one "formal" invitation hanging (not to mention all the direct PM invitations I made).

Do I withdraw the invite to person #6, or send a formal invite to someone to make person #7?

Does this make sense? :-}


I had the same thought, so I just sent another invite to a seventh person. From what I read in the rules, you can have no <5 <=6 <=7. Does that make sense? At least 5 and then 6 or 7. You can also change players once in the season or switch players after checking with the site council. I'm still not fully clear on it though. If the six and seven will be reserve players or what?


6 and 7 will play the same as the rest. you just have the option in case you want a small team. in reality you are doing yourelf a big disservice if you only have 5. you can change one player, one time from what i understand.
05/13/2007 09:30:49 PM · #205
72 teams! We are ready to go!
05/13/2007 09:35:20 PM · #206
Thanks for the clarification, folks. There's already a lot of stuff to read through!

*And* it looks like Zero Division already has it's sixth player! This is really great. I'm thrilled, and thrilled that the other teams can breathe easier, too.

EDIT: Jeez, now I gotta make player trading cards? ;-)

Message edited by author 2007-05-13 21:35:51.
05/13/2007 09:41:32 PM · #207
Originally posted by citymars:

Thanks for the clarification, folks. There's already a lot of stuff to read through!

*And* it looks like Zero Division already has it's sixth player! This is really great. I'm thrilled, and thrilled that the other teams can breathe easier, too.

EDIT: Jeez, now I gotta make player trading cards? ;-)


email me if you would like my template. I can mail you the PSD file.

this is what it looks like
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/56658/thumb/511220.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/56658/thumb/511220.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
05/13/2007 09:57:45 PM · #208
Thanks, Elvis -- I copied your card so I could get the size right. Is there more to the "template" then that?

05/13/2007 10:12:38 PM · #209
Originally posted by citymars:

Thanks, Elvis -- I copied your card so I could get the size right. Is there more to the "template" then that?


yea the psd file is set up so you can easily change the text, colors and image.
05/13/2007 10:24:11 PM · #210
Way to go...to those captains finalizing the last few teams. Here we go...DPL1!!
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 12/05/2019 08:41:45 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 12/05/2019 08:41:45 PM EST.