DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 
Challenge Entries
Portfolio Images

You are viewing the 1st image.
Untitled
Untitled
salmiakki


Photograph Information Photographer's Comments
Challenge: Free Study 2009-01 (Advanced Editing VII)
Collection: 2009 Challenges
Camera: Leica D-Lux 4
Location: Liverpool, England
Date: Jan 3, 2009
Date Uploaded: Jan 31, 2009

This is part of the Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King (the RC Cathedral) in Liverpool. Commonly known locally as "Paddy's Wigwam"

Statistics
Place: 137 out of 454
Avg (all users): 5.8438
Avg (commenters): 7.0000
Avg (participants): 5.8131
Avg (non-participants): 5.9057
Views since voting: 722
Views during voting: 243
Votes: 160
Comments: 11
Favorites: 0


Please log in or register to add your comments!

AuthorThread
12/13/2009 04:55:17 PM
looking through some shots taken with this camera and found this amazing shot. I'd love to play around with one of those sometime (the camera i mean).
  Photographer found comment helpful.
02/08/2009 08:43:42 AM
The tones in this are wonderful. And a 9 from 21.gif ubique is one of those rare gifts that makes playing the game worthwhile!
  Photographer found comment helpful.
 Comments Made During the Challenge
02/07/2009 07:25:45 PM
nice geometric pattern but verticals are off
  Photographer found comment helpful.
02/07/2009 06:48:48 PM
Very nice abstract. Love the geometry and lines.
  Photographer found comment helpful.
02/07/2009 05:40:39 AM
This striking geometric coincidence is so unusual and even improbable, that it is somehow let down a little by the very bottom bit being so ordinary. But then again, maybe that's a good thing? Maybe the outrageous optimism of the top 95% needs the other 5% just to remind us that no matter how divine and celestial a thing appears to be, it's all just man's works in the end. 9.
  Photographer found comment helpful.
02/02/2009 10:12:56 AM
This seems slightly tilted to the right. Could just be the building in the foreground. Great capture, nonetheless! 8
  Photographer found comment helpful.
02/01/2009 04:19:07 PM
I love abstract architecture shots and this is a really cool one. I love how the contrail somehow becomes part of the architecture. I like the gradient sky too.
  Photographer found comment helpful.
02/01/2009 04:13:19 PM
great use of lines!
  Photographer found comment helpful.
02/01/2009 12:36:16 PM
I like the lines, nice composition, I am not sure whether this is in color of B&W...never the less, I would like to see the other option.
  Photographer found comment helpful.
02/01/2009 10:13:46 AM
Very nice lines in this shot. Is this by any chance in Liverpool?
  Photographer found comment helpful.
02/01/2009 07:42:31 AM
With this image being all about straight lines, I think it needs a stronger solid vertical or horizontal to anchor it - I can see that you have matched it to the black white interface mid-bottom, but the right hand vertical has such a close relationship with the right hand border that the non-parallelism here really stands out. Don't get me wrong, I really like the image, I just think it looks a bit out of whack as presented.
  Photographer found comment helpful.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2018 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 08/15/2018 07:43:20 AM EDT.