Photographer’s Notes There is a group of Big Rocks off the Moloka’i north tip. We were diving at a depth of 70 feet when we were surprised by this guy. I’m 6 feet tall and this hammerhead shark was about 2 feet longer than that … an 8 footer. Wow!
He (or she) was curious about us divers … and curiosity is not a trait I admire in sharks, especially big ones. Ultimately we grew boring so the shark left us alone. We saw several other sharks on this dive, gray reef sharks, white tipped reef sharks, and a stray Galapagos shark.
For a diver, this was the dive of the century: Clear water; and great sea life.
Post Processing • Rotate (Arbitrary)
• Increase Saturation (Curves Layer)
• Manage Blue Tint (Hue/Saturation Layer)
• Dodge & Burn (Overlay Layer)
• Increase Contrast (Curves Layer)
• Convert to B&W (Channel Mixer Layer) 50%
• Reduce Noise (PS CS3 Noise Reduction)
• Desaturate a bit (Hue/Saturation Layer)
• Save for Web
Camera Data • Date: 2008-01-27
• Camera: Canon Powershot G7
• ISO: Unkknown
• Aperture: f/3.5
• Shutter: 1/80
Place: 150 out of 184 Avg (all users): 4.5537 Avg (commenters): 0.0000 Avg (participants): 4.4717 Avg (non-participants): 4.6176 Views since voting: 613 Views during voting: 191 Votes: 121 Comments: 0 Favorites: 0