Challenge: Numbers III (Advanced Editing VII)
Camera: Nikon D3200
Lens: Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Date: Feb 10, 2015
Date Uploaded: Feb 10, 2015
|This is my backup shot. My initial ideas did not saw the light of day. One of them involved the number 5138008 :-) Maybe next time.
Having said that, i like this shot, but i don't have any high hopes, scorewise.
- Lit by a single flash, at 2 o'clock, bounced from the ceiling. An omnibounce type modifier provides some fill to the side and details around the buttons.
- Overexposed for high key.
- Played with the aperture from f/2 to f8, to get the optimal DoF. Compensated the exposure with ISO and flash power. The idea was to have only the numbers in focus. The 1 and the 2 are slightly off, but just slightly.
- Little bit of post processing. Noise removal, selective clarity, HSL tweaking...
- I tried to shoot it with a lit display but gave up on the idea. First, I wasn't sure how the orange colour will work with the rest. Second, getting the exposure on the back/side lit properly is tricky. ISO was raising to high and the shutter speed was dropping too low.
I should have re-shot it, to fix the (camera) right edge of the phone, but didn't have the time or the will. It's actually the edge of the battery cover.
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks
. Current Server Time: 11/13/2019 05:20:23 PM EST.