Challenge: The Letter H (Advanced Editing VII)
Camera: Canon EOS-50D
Lens: Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Date: Jan 25, 2013
Date Uploaded: Jan 25, 2013
|A lot of work went into getting this just right. First I bought a new mug that I thought looked cool. Then I had to come up with the set, which was hobbled together from a picture frame, styrofoam, duct tape, and black paper.
Then the lighting. It took probably 2 hours to get the light I wanted. I ended up with a flash from the left, gelled green, and pointed to the background. There was a flag on this flash to keep it from lighting the glass (other than reflection off the background). A second flash was used as the key light, and this is what really took a long time, as I wanted something to provide nice light with little reflections. Having a flash with a soft box pointed at the ceiling finally worked out. This flash was also gelled green, so make sure the scene had the green I wanted. Finally, a reflector was held to the right of the scene to get a bit more light on the glass.
Then the scene was boring, it was missing something. I tried to pour water, but that wasn't great. I eventually thought about the honey, and then tried a number of times to get a shot with the honey in a nice manner.
The end result is something I am extremely happy about.
[Feb. 4th, 2013 05:09:57 PM]
Hmmm, I expected this would do much better. Currently sitting at just a 5.7 with over 100 votes, so it's not going to change drastically. I wonder why such a low score.
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks
. Current Server Time: 05/31/2020 04:26:28 AM EDT.