DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> I just need a hug and kiss
Pages:  
Showing posts 26 - 50 of 65, (reverse)
AuthorThread
09/23/2009 04:23:25 PM · #26
yup mine too was rolling nicely for awhile and was on pace to be my 3rd highest ever but now it wont make my top 5 and if it keeps goind down it might not make my top 10. I only got one comment so far which I am dismissing because the user is obviously very new to the game and clearly is confused. lol
I am still happy because my photo is over a 6.0 for now anyway.

Originally posted by vawendy:

nonono, not at all. It's dropped low enough that it wouldn't even make my front page, at the moment. I was getting excited about all that earlier, but it's dropped too far too fast.
09/23/2009 05:06:09 PM · #27
Originally posted by Bugzeye:

yup mine too was rolling nicely for awhile and was on pace to be my 3rd highest ever but now it wont make my top 5 and if it keeps goind down it might not make my top 10. I only got one comment so far which I am dismissing because the user is obviously very new to the game and clearly is confused. lol
I am still happy because my photo is over a 6.0 for now anyway.

Originally posted by vawendy:

nonono, not at all. It's dropped low enough that it wouldn't even make my front page, at the moment. I was getting excited about all that earlier, but it's dropped too far too fast.


hahadI think that user commented on mine too....and gave it a VERY LOW score.
09/23/2009 09:15:51 PM · #28
Votes: 94
Views: 152
Avg Vote: 4.5426
Comments: 1
I finally got a comment about how much mine sucks.......yea!
09/23/2009 09:39:47 PM · #29
Hundred vote check-in... *sigh*

Votes: 100
Views: 169
Avg Vote: 5.3800
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0

09/23/2009 10:23:15 PM · #30
Just hit 100.

Votes: 100
Views: 181
Avg Vote: 5.7400
Comments: 2
09/23/2009 11:18:55 PM · #31
Votes: 101
Views: 218
Avg Vote: 5.1584
Comments: 1

Well at least its coming up a bit :\
09/24/2009 07:15:46 AM · #32
I'm happy I got three comments, but man the comments are all over the place. 1 comment gave me a 2 and said that I only got that because I met the challenge. One gave me a 9 saying my shot was beautiful and went into great detail, and the third comment said I didn't meet the challenge because I did the wrong type of hug and kiss shot.....

yeah I guess that explains my score....people hate it or love it....so it puts my score dead smack in the middle.
09/24/2009 08:15:28 AM · #33
Originally posted by albc28:

I'm happy I got three comments, but man the comments are all over the place. 1 comment gave me a 2 and said that I only got that because I met the challenge. One gave me a 9 saying my shot was beautiful and went into great detail, and the third comment said I didn't meet the challenge because I did the wrong type of hug and kiss shot.....

yeah I guess that explains my score....people hate it or love it....so it puts my score dead smack in the middle.


the wrong type? I didn't know there was a wrong type of hug and kiss for these shots... how bizarre... Hmmm, maybe that's why I just got a 4...

Message edited by author 2009-09-24 09:51:23.
09/24/2009 10:15:18 PM · #34
been awfully quiet on here...

Got back up to 6.7 for awhile today, and now back to

Votes: 136
Views: 260
Avg Vote: 6.5956
Comments: 6
Favorites: 1

There were some very nice votes, but there were some very harsh votes today. Anyone else find the same thing?

09/24/2009 10:49:54 PM · #35
Originally posted by vawendy:

been awfully quiet on here...

Got back up to 6.7 for awhile today, and now back to

Votes: 136
Views: 260
Avg Vote: 6.5956
Comments: 6
Favorites: 1

There were some very nice votes, but there were some very harsh votes today. Anyone else find the same thing?


Only had the harsh ones of late

Votes: 134
Views: 245
Avg Vote: 5.5896
Comments: 2
09/24/2009 10:58:42 PM · #36
I am getting alot of the average votes today. I reckon most are 5's and 6's. Which I guess is ok. Ofcourse I do wish people would be less attracted to the #5.

Originally posted by vawendy:

been awfully quiet on here...

Got back up to 6.7 for awhile today, and now back to

Votes: 136
Views: 260
Avg Vote: 6.5956
Comments: 6
Favorites: 1

There were some very nice votes, but there were some very harsh votes today. Anyone else find the same thing?
09/27/2009 08:54:25 PM · #37
Originally posted by vlado:

Only had the harsh ones of late

Votes: 134
Views: 245
Avg Vote: 5.5896
Comments: 2

^ (3 days ago)

Pretty close to my score now...
Votes: 178
Views: 326
Avg Vote: 5.5618
Comments: 2

Message edited by author 2009-09-27 20:54:48.
09/27/2009 11:44:25 PM · #38
Originally posted by george917:

Originally posted by vlado:

Only had the harsh ones of late

Votes: 134
Views: 245
Avg Vote: 5.5896
Comments: 2

^ (3 days ago)

Pretty close to my score now...
Votes: 178
Views: 326
Avg Vote: 5.5618
Comments: 2


There were happy voters today, but I'm still lower than I was three days ago...
09/28/2009 12:01:32 AM · #39
Originally posted by vawendy:

Originally posted by george917:

Originally posted by vlado:

Only had the harsh ones of late

Votes: 134
Views: 245
Avg Vote: 5.5896
Comments: 2

^ (3 days ago)

Pretty close to my score now...
Votes: 178
Views: 326
Avg Vote: 5.5618
Comments: 2


There were happy voters today, but I'm still lower than I was three days ago...


Looks like the voters were happy over the weekend.

Votes: 183
Views: 324
Avg Vote: 5.7978
Comments: 4
09/29/2009 03:38:12 AM · #40
Hows it looking for you guys? If the Scubber knocks off a few of those low votes my score should be pretty good. Maybe even make my front page.
09/29/2009 07:00:58 AM · #41
You have rated 72 of 72 images (100%) in this challenge.
You have given an average score of 5.4444.
09/29/2009 08:10:05 AM · #42
Don't have a chance at making my front page anymore -- too far away. It was a really fun start to a challenge, though.
09/29/2009 09:08:13 AM · #43
Not even going to be close to my front page... just happy with a below par score in the DPC golf tournament.

Votes: 199
Views: 351
Avg Vote: 5.8090
Comments: 4
09/29/2009 09:09:46 AM · #44
A Hug And A Kiss

Votes: 197
Views: 344
Avg Vote: 5.3909
Comments: 7
Favorites: 0
09/29/2009 09:15:55 AM · #45
200 vote checkin... and someone was very generous.

Votes: 200
Views: 352
Avg Vote: 5.8300
Comments: 4
09/29/2009 09:20:27 AM · #46
just got a 1. trolled twice this morning, so far.

Oh!! I know! This is for the golf round, so someone just voted a 1 since lowest is best in golf. :D

Message edited by author 2009-09-29 10:19:37.
09/29/2009 10:31:31 AM · #47
Originally posted by vawendy:

just got a 1. trolled twice this morning, so far.

Oh!! I know! This is for the golf round, so someone just voted a 1 since lowest is best in golf. :D


LOL, gotta love DPC - someone gets a 10 its because their photo is awesome, someone gets a 1 its all down to the trolls.. :/
09/29/2009 11:13:50 AM · #48
Originally posted by Simms:

Originally posted by vawendy:

just got a 1. trolled twice this morning, so far.

Oh!! I know! This is for the golf round, so someone just voted a 1 since lowest is best in golf. :D


LOL, gotta love DPC - someone gets a 10 its because their photo is awesome, someone gets a 1 its all down to the trolls.. :/


I call them trolls because in my voting world, 10s are for photos that are so well executed and so interesting that you want to hang them on your wall. also, in my world, a 1 is because a photo is just so incredibly bad, you can't get much worse. If a photo is well executed and well composed, it doesn't deserve a 1, imo. If I hate the subject and detest the photo, yet it's still well done, I still don't think it deserves a 1. So yes, a vote of 1, on anyone's photo not just mine, is rarely deserved, imo.
09/29/2009 02:36:31 PM · #49
Originally posted by vawendy:

Originally posted by Simms:

Originally posted by vawendy:

just got a 1. trolled twice this morning, so far.

Oh!! I know! This is for the golf round, so someone just voted a 1 since lowest is best in golf. :D


LOL, gotta love DPC - someone gets a 10 its because their photo is awesome, someone gets a 1 its all down to the trolls.. :/


I call them trolls because in my voting world, 10s are for photos that are so well executed and so interesting that you want to hang them on your wall. also, in my world, a 1 is because a photo is just so incredibly bad, you can't get much worse. If a photo is well executed and well composed, it doesn't deserve a 1, imo. If I hate the subject and detest the photo, yet it's still well done, I still don't think it deserves a 1. So yes, a vote of 1, on anyone's photo not just mine, is rarely deserved, imo.


btw, this came out sounding much harsher than I meant it to sound. I've been trying very hard for the last number of weeks not to complain in the scores thread. It's obnoxious -- especially if someone is doing well. So I'm just making statements. It's up, it's down, the voting is harsher today than yesterday, the voting today is much happier than yesterday. Because I find it interesting to know how people's pictures are doing. When everyone's scores are falling, I feel better about mine going down too. When everyone's scores are on the rise, but mine is falling, I figure there's something wrong with mine that it's just not catching people's imagination. But a 1 will always be a troll, imo, until someone can explain to me how it's justified (and it will probably still be one then.) :D
09/29/2009 03:44:36 PM · #50
I think my score peaked lastnight. With just over 7 hours til Rollover I doub't it will do much more than drop a little bit.

In other news we might have a Tsunami hit here. So we may end up having to climb to higher ground.

Message edited by author 2009-09-29 16:48:29.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 02/18/2020 08:48:09 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 02/18/2020 08:48:09 PM EST.