DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Individual Photograph Discussion >> Isnt this a Dpc Photo
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 32, (reverse)
AuthorThread
02/02/2009 02:16:26 PM · #1
Youtube
02/02/2009 02:17:48 PM · #2
Originally posted by JayA:

Youtube


Yup [user]librido[/user] I think
02/02/2009 02:17:51 PM · #3
That's Manny Librodo's work, yep.
02/02/2009 02:20:33 PM · #4
I just posted to his video to let people know its a stolen pic
02/02/2009 02:25:32 PM · #5
Originally posted by joynim:

Originally posted by JayA:

Youtube


Yup 21.gif librodo I think

451444.jpg

ETA the correct photo!

Message edited by author 2009-02-02 14:32:14.
02/02/2009 02:29:27 PM · #6
Slightly different Photo isnt it? same Women.
02/02/2009 02:31:23 PM · #7
451444.jpg
02/02/2009 02:58:10 PM · #8
Originally posted by MAK:

I just posted to his video to let people know its a stolen pic


You may have information that I don't have, obviously, but do you know for sure that manny didn't give him permission?
02/02/2009 03:03:20 PM · #9
I don't know for sure but by means of logical deduction I guessed.
02/02/2009 03:23:03 PM · #10
I found one of Joey's on a Youtube trailer for a documentary once... all I did was let him know and give him a link. No clue what happened after that, but yeah, what Karma said.
02/02/2009 03:52:45 PM · #11
Fear not, all will be revealed soon enough.. I'm pretty sure if the guy had the manners to ask Manny then he would also have the respect to credit the man too... some things are too obvious.
02/02/2009 05:06:39 PM · #12
Got an email from the user just now

Devil's water photo
I didn't still it.
I just found it in some photo galery and it wasn't any name with it.
So don't juge to quick

You can reply to this message by visiting your Inbox.

Well as he said he didnt steal it he found in some gallery with no name on it... my bad.
02/02/2009 06:07:47 PM · #13
I saw one of Joey's shots on a big hit movie poster...oh crap that was legit, dangit.

eta: dudes a beast

Message edited by author 2009-02-02 18:07:55.
02/02/2009 06:27:58 PM · #14
Originally posted by Rebecca:

I found one of Joey's on a Youtube trailer for a documentary once... all I did was let him know and give him a link. No clue what happened after that, but yeah, what Karma said.


was it I.O.U.S.A? if so, I'm pretty sure there was a lawsuit/settlement and money was sent to a charity joey chose. He is very careful to make sure there is no profit from any photos in his homeless series.
02/02/2009 06:34:52 PM · #15
Originally posted by robshookphoto:

Originally posted by Rebecca:

I found one of Joey's on a Youtube trailer for a documentary once... all I did was let him know and give him a link. No clue what happened after that, but yeah, what Karma said.


was it I.O.U.S.A? if so, I'm pretty sure there was a lawsuit/settlement and money was sent to a charity joey chose. He is very careful to make sure there is no profit from any photos in his homeless series.


I think it was. Good to know something happened with that.
02/02/2009 08:40:49 PM · #16
Thank you Jay and MAK for letting me know.

Well I got an email from him today (after the fact) asking my permission to use it. I really don't mind if he asked permission beforehand. I also find it ridiculous as he has his name at the bottom right edge of the picture.

I try to answer him but my school I guess blocks facebook (that's where he contacted me). I will try sending my email again later this evening from home.

Here's my email to him:

==================

No it is not okay. Kindly delete it.

You should have asked my permission beforehand and you shouldn't have put your name in the picture (coz in effect it tells viewers that it is yours).

I would appreciate it if you delete the clip. I will come visit the site again tomorrow to check.

Hope you understand.

==================

Thanks everyone for "keeping an eye.:) Thanks Marac.
02/02/2009 08:56:39 PM · #17
YAY!!! JUSTICE!!!
02/02/2009 09:20:55 PM · #18
This is why I love this community. Don't DARE take from a DPC member! Cuz we'll find you!
02/02/2009 09:33:32 PM · #19
*puts back the box of cookies and slinks out*
02/02/2009 10:31:20 PM · #20
Happy for you, librodo. Its good that its all sorted now. If I were you (hypothetically), I would be stricter in my communication with the offender.
02/03/2009 05:30:33 AM · #21
Video is still there he has given photo credit now, However Manuel I think you will have to contact youtube personally and prove to them that you own the rights to the photo, They will take the video down for you. A friend of mine had one of his songs used on youtube it took a few days but youtube support took care of it for him. They also flagged the user and kept an eye on them to make sure it didn't get reposted.
02/03/2009 05:46:18 AM · #22
Originally posted by librodo:

Thank you Jay and MAK for letting me know.

Well I got an email from him today (after the fact) asking my permission to use it. I really don't mind if he asked permission beforehand. I also find it ridiculous as he has his name at the bottom right edge of the picture.

I try to answer him but my school I guess blocks facebook (that's where he contacted me). I will try sending my email again later this evening from home.

Here's my email to him:

==================

No it is not okay. Kindly delete it.

You should have asked my permission beforehand and you shouldn't have put your name in the picture (coz in effect it tells viewers that it is yours).

I would appreciate it if you delete the clip. I will come visit the site again tomorrow to check.

Hope you understand.

==================

Thanks everyone for "keeping an eye.:) Thanks Marac.


I have been in communication with this guy and he seems to be a bit of a wild card. I thought it was very rude of him to put his name on it and also the relation between Rosalinda and the creepy music is also offending as I know about her story and this does not credit her personality at all.. I knew you would never give permission for such a thing Manny. I hope he takes it down.
02/03/2009 05:48:52 AM · #23
I wonder if the guy had permission to use the music as well... ;-Þ
02/03/2009 08:18:25 AM · #24
I think it is already deleted.

He said to me : "I don't like you anymore."
02/03/2009 08:26:07 AM · #25
Originally posted by librodo:



He said to me : "I don't like you anymore."


hahahahahahahahahah
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 05/23/2019 07:04:17 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 05/23/2019 07:04:17 PM EDT.