DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Side Challenges and Tournaments >> DPCO-IV SIGNUPS
Pages:   ...
Showing posts 26 - 50 of 316, (reverse)
AuthorThread
01/26/2009 08:24:58 AM · #26
When is it starting?
01/26/2009 08:26:30 AM · #27
Originally posted by asij:

When is it starting?


February 11th. It lasts 8 weeks.
01/26/2009 08:28:35 AM · #28
Originally posted by imagesbytlp:

Just signed up...can someone please correct my mispelled user ID! Geesh...it's just too early!


Fixed...
01/26/2009 08:29:25 AM · #29
Originally posted by asij:

When is it starting?


Please make sure you read the terms, they explain everything you need to know about the DPC Olympics
01/26/2009 08:34:39 AM · #30
Originally posted by Dirt_Diver:

Originally posted by asij:

When is it starting?


Please make sure you read the terms, they explain everything you need to know about the DPC Olympics


Thought i did :/ saw it now.

Thanks
01/26/2009 08:51:55 AM · #31
I am not sure I understand this - DPCO - IV be ONLY for members? or will it stay the same as before? Will all the weeks challenges be in the competition or only members or only open LOL - I am a bit confused :o)
01/26/2009 08:53:04 AM · #32
Originally posted by Dirt_Diver:

Originally posted by asij:

When is it starting?


Please make sure you read the terms, they explain everything you need to know about the DPC Olympics

Erm... so the terms apply as they are now, with point 2 being:
Originally posted by Terms:

The DPCO is based on OPEN challenges only and team members can chose to enter either of the two open challenges each week. The entire team does not need to enter the same open challenge.

And point 6 being:
Originally posted by Terms:

DPCO players entering the challenges can be DPC users or DPC members.

Right?
01/26/2009 09:10:47 AM · #33
Only the open challenges are being counted.


BTW if anyone decides they don't want to play anymore please send me a PM so i can remove your name from the list.

Also make sure you are only using your DPC username and nothing else. It has to be exactly as your username or else
I can not pull your scores from DPC. If you have made an error again send me a PM



Message edited by author 2009-01-26 09:14:01.
01/26/2009 09:12:56 AM · #34
Oh well.
01/26/2009 10:00:23 AM · #35
Originally posted by Dirt_Diver:

Only the open challenges are being counted.


What is this deal with having it confined with only the open challenges? Talk about limiting the possibilities of having fun with the whole thing, I can drag out a quote from you somewhere where you say this time you were going to include the weekly member challenge. I don´t buy the argument that everyone (non members) should be able to play and if that is the case, having both the member challenge and the open challenge doesn´t exclude non-members. If this is the final verdict, count me out, oooooooohyeah.
01/26/2009 10:08:26 AM · #36
I would prefer to see Open & Member challenges be counted as well. :)
01/26/2009 10:10:59 AM · #37
Originally posted by jeger:

I would prefer to see Open & Member challenges be counted as well. :)


That would be my preference as well, but I'm not the picky type and easily contented either way.
01/26/2009 10:31:00 AM · #38
Originally posted by jeger:

I would prefer to see Open & Member challenges be counted as well. :)


I'll look into it, but what happens if a user enters 1 open challenge and 1 member challenge?

01/26/2009 10:32:27 AM · #39
should be no problem with the scores as they are just competing with the scores
01/26/2009 10:36:21 AM · #40
Put me down in the "include member challenges" pool.

Pretty please?
01/26/2009 10:37:20 AM · #41
Originally posted by LalliSig:

Originally posted by Dirt_Diver:

Only the open challenges are being counted.


What is this deal with having it confined with only the open challenges? Talk about limiting the possibilities of having fun with the whole thing, I can drag out a quote from you somewhere where you say this time you were going to include the weekly member challenge. I don´t buy the argument that everyone (non members) should be able to play and if that is the case, having both the member challenge and the open challenge doesn´t exclude non-members. If this is the final verdict, count me out, oooooooohyeah.


And DD answered, already

Originally posted by Dirt_Diver:

Whoops, I completely forgot all about that. I will make a note on the season 5 spreadsheet right now to make it members only so this won't happen again. I'm sorry everyone I did say that but I didn't even think about it.
01/26/2009 10:39:45 AM · #42
Originally posted by JulietNN:

should be no problem with the scores as they are just competing with the scores


Should I use the higher score from the member challenge?

Is that fair the users that are not members entering the open challenges and don't normally score as high because they don't know how to edit yet?

I made the mistake of not making this season a member only challenge simple because I forgot about it. Next season will be member only, (already noted and set up as member only).

I don't remember how D&L set up the DPL to allow the 2 challenges to go on at the same time. I'm sure coding it would get it to work but I don't have the time to learn how he did it. That would be something I could work on later but I just don't see how I can combine the two right now.
01/26/2009 10:40:51 AM · #43
How do we look at the current team makeups once we've signed up?
01/26/2009 10:41:23 AM · #44
Originally posted by Dirt_Diver:

Originally posted by JulietNN:

should be no problem with the scores as they are just competing with the scores


Should I use the higher score from the member challenge?

Is that fair the users that are not members entering the open challenges and don't normally score as high because they don't know how to edit yet?

I made the mistake of not making this season a member only challenge simple because I forgot about it. Next season will be member only, (already noted and set up as member only).

I don't remember how D&L set up the DPL to allow the 2 challenges to go on at the same time. I'm sure coding it would get it to work but I don't have the time to learn how he did it. That would be something I could work on later but I just don't see how I can combine the two right now.


For what it's worth, thank you for putting this on, it's a blast!
01/26/2009 10:42:30 AM · #45
Also I just got word from 21_F.gif violinist123 that team USA Equestrian will not continue this season so if someone wants to make up a team when all other teams are full I will change the name to whatever you want.
01/26/2009 10:43:20 AM · #46
Originally posted by Dirt_Diver:

Also I just got word from 21_F.gif violinist123 that team USA Equestrian will not continue this season so if someone wants to make up a team when all other teams are full I will change the name to whatever you want.


Well you should wait to hear from the team captain but that is my understanding.
01/26/2009 10:43:43 AM · #47
Originally posted by HawkeyeLonewolf:

How do we look at the current team makeups once we've signed up?


There is a blinking link on the lower left hand side of the signup page that says Team Roster.

01/26/2009 10:54:58 AM · #48
Exciting! I love this. I usually enter every challenge that comes up so I thought I would give this a try.

I am on the USA Southeast Team and I think we are looking good!
01/26/2009 10:55:29 AM · #49
I'm in, but with another team this time. I want to be pushed to the limit and this team will do it to me and for me. SO sorry team I joined.
01/26/2009 11:07:05 AM · #50
Originally posted by JulietNN:

I'm in, but with another team this time. I want to be pushed to the limit and this team will do it to me and for me. SO sorry team I joined.


WOW Poland, they are going to tear you apart... I heard if you don't enter each challenge they cut both your hands off.

Message edited by author 2009-01-26 11:08:40.
Pages:   ...
Current Server Time: 05/20/2019 01:06:39 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 05/20/2019 01:06:39 PM EDT.