DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> Ok. Kill me...
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 56, (reverse)
AuthorThread
12/17/2008 11:08:51 PM · #1
... because I sold all of my -fairly new- Canon gear.. (my wife doesnt understand why, but she is ok with it:-)

... and just ordered a Nikon D90 with 18-105mm VR and 70-300mm VR.

It is from Adorama. I hope they ship it in good condition and in time.

I am both nervous and excited :-)


12/17/2008 11:10:12 PM · #2
What we might kill you for is not for switching, but for kicking off another Canon Vs. Nikon flame war.
12/17/2008 11:10:43 PM · #3
Consider yourself virtually dead. :P
12/17/2008 11:11:18 PM · #4
Oops.. sorry that wasnt my intention at all.

I just wanted to share my excitement about the gear change.;-)

Message edited by author 2008-12-17 23:12:25.
12/17/2008 11:13:48 PM · #5
Originally posted by Prash:

Oops.. sorry that wasnt my intention at all.

I just wanted to share my excitement about the gear change.


Originally posted by Prash:

Ok. Kill me...

Need to work on your choice of words. Your life may depend on it. ;-)

Congrats or condolences on the gear change. Me, I'd rather fight than switch. :D

12/17/2008 11:14:48 PM · #6
Welcome to the Right Side ;~)

[fans flames]
12/17/2008 11:16:20 PM · #7
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

Originally posted by Prash:

Oops.. sorry that wasnt my intention at all.

I just wanted to share my excitement about the gear change.


Originally posted by Prash:

Ok. Kill me...

Need to work on your choice of words. Your life may depend on it. ;-)

Congrats or condolences on the gear change. Me, I'd rather fight than switch. :D


Art: does that mean I am out of your 'inner circle' ??
12/17/2008 11:16:31 PM · #8
Originally posted by chromeydome:

Welcome to the Right Side ;~)

[fans flames]


Thanks. :-)
12/17/2008 11:19:05 PM · #9
Originally posted by Prash:

Art: does that mean I am out of your 'inner circle' ??

I don't have a circle. It's a hexagon. And your (bad) decisions do not exclude you from being in it.
Keep in mind it's not called the "Polygon of DOOM" for nothing though. :D
12/17/2008 11:19:54 PM · #10
Originally posted by yospiff:

What we might kill you for is not for switching, but for kicking off another Canon Vs. Nikon flame war.


Steve,

So are you not going to help me with image editing advice anymore??
Please say "it doesnt matter. You will still be my disciple"?
:-)
12/17/2008 11:22:29 PM · #11
Originally posted by Prash:

... because I sold all of my -fairly new- Canon gear.. (my wife doesnt understand why, but she is ok with it:-)

... and just ordered a Nikon D90 with 18-105mm VR and 70-300mm VR.

It is from Adorama. I hope they ship it in good condition and in time.

I am both nervous and excited :-)


You had me on board to not kill you until you said you ordered from Adorama. Now you will be publically flogged and Godzilla will find you.

Matt
12/17/2008 11:24:10 PM · #12
Originally posted by yospiff:

What we might kill you for is not for switching, but for kicking off another Canon Vs. Nikon flame war.


It'll take more than that to start a c/n flame war. I'm curious why you changed. I'd love to try some Canon equipment sometime but certainly can't afford to just switch brands.
Maybe you wanted to try the HD movie capability of the 90. I hear it doesn't auto-focus when in that mode. Let us know.
12/17/2008 11:25:56 PM · #13
Originally posted by MattO:

Originally posted by Prash:

... because I sold all of my -fairly new- Canon gear.. (my wife doesnt understand why, but she is ok with it:-)

... and just ordered a Nikon D90 with 18-105mm VR and 70-300mm VR.

It is from Adorama. I hope they ship it in good condition and in time.

I am both nervous and excited :-)


You had me on board to not kill you until you said you ordered from Adorama. Now you will be publically flogged and Godzilla will find you.

Matt


Ooops!! (( Runs away to the hidden hut that Art doesnt know about ))
12/17/2008 11:28:08 PM · #14
Originally posted by Prash:

So are you not going to help me with image editing advice anymore??
Please say "it doesnt matter. You will still be my disciple"?
:-)


I'm not a fan boy of one or the other, really, but one has to choose what system to go with. I was nearly an Olympian instead of a Canonite. Still be happy to help you, but you might be gunning for the brown by following some of my recent examples.
12/17/2008 11:28:59 PM · #15
Out of curiosity, what Canon camera did you sell?

Ops never mind, I fouund the thread for the items on sale, sorry,

Message edited by author 2008-12-17 23:32:14.
12/17/2008 11:40:36 PM · #16
You're going to luuuuuuuuv the D90, I think. My sister has one that I play with when she lets me. It's a pretty good step from my D80... I wish I had one. ONE of my favorite things about it is how it handles higher ISO without nearly as much noise as the D80. [drooling like Homer]
12/17/2008 11:45:35 PM · #17
A D90 would be a massive step up from my D40. I have almost 7000 shots on it already(what are they rated for anyway). I'm personally holding out for a D300 body to go with my collection of antique MF lenses. Unfortunatly I need to find a job first, Just hope my little D40 holds out till then.
12/17/2008 11:48:03 PM · #18
Originally posted by fir3bird:

Originally posted by yospiff:

What we might kill you for is not for switching, but for kicking off another Canon Vs. Nikon flame war.


It'll take more than that to start a c/n flame war. I'm curious why you changed. I'd love to try some Canon equipment sometime but certainly can't afford to just switch brands.
Maybe you wanted to try the HD movie capability of the 90. I hear it doesn't auto-focus when in that mode. Let us know.


I can tell you for sure that it wasnt due to the HD movie mode. I wont mind if that wasnt there and if it was a bit cheaper.

I wasnt too heavily invested in Canon yet. And I know Canon is better for per pixel sharpness (generally). But what I liked about the Nikon is its color rendition. I guess its a personal choice.
12/17/2008 11:48:55 PM · #19
Originally posted by yospiff:

Originally posted by Prash:

So are you not going to help me with image editing advice anymore??
Please say "it doesnt matter. You will still be my disciple"?
:-)


I'm not a fan boy of one or the other, really, but one has to choose what system to go with. I was nearly an Olympian instead of a Canonite. Still be happy to help you, but you might be gunning for the brown by following some of my recent examples.


Thank you. I wont mind. I feel at home with brown around:-)
12/17/2008 11:49:03 PM · #20
Yea--I click on the d90 at amazon and dream....

And dig my crazy rationale (it is just about to work): I tell myself:

Self, you have a d80.
yea, but I have two lenses.
So what?
So, one lens on each body, that's what!
And the point would be...?
No changing lenses in the field, no sensor dust, self-dude!
But that's just--just BRILLIANT. I find no flaws in your logic. Click "Buy with One-Click" right now! NOW!
One flaw.
What's that.
[shows bank statement]
Oh...........
12/17/2008 11:49:33 PM · #21
Enjoy life while you can. You'll spend eternity in hell when you die for switching (so I hear) LOL
12/17/2008 11:49:47 PM · #22
Originally posted by cynthiann:

You're going to luuuuuuuuv the D90, I think. My sister has one that I play with when she lets me. It's a pretty good step from my D80... I wish I had one. ONE of my favorite things about it is how it handles higher ISO without nearly as much noise as the D80. [drooling like Homer]


Thanks.

(( hands Cynthia a bowl for the drool )) lol
12/17/2008 11:50:13 PM · #23
Originally posted by Prof_Fate:

Enjoy life while you can. You'll spend eternity in hell when you die for switching (so I hear) LOL


AHahah:-)
12/17/2008 11:52:13 PM · #24
Originally posted by chromeydome:

Yea--I click on the d90 at amazon and dream....

And dig my crazy rationale (it is just about to work): I tell myself:

Self, you have a d80.
yea, but I have two lenses.
So what?
So, one lens on each body, that's what!
And the point would be...?
No changing lenses in the field, no sensor dust, self-dude!
But that's just--just BRILLIANT. I find no flaws in your logic. Click "Buy with One-Click" right now! NOW!
One flaw.
What's that.
[shows bank statement]
Oh...........


Lol.. Yes even I took a hit at the statement. But fortunately I was able to get most of the money back on Canon.
12/17/2008 11:52:27 PM · #25
Kill you? Isn't switching to Nikon punishment enough? ;-P
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 01/28/2020 03:21:27 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 01/28/2020 03:21:27 PM EST.