DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Hardware and Software >> 16GB Compactflash card for $30
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 41, (reverse)
AuthorThread
11/26/2008 11:08:46 AM · #1
FYI- today only. Kingston Elite Pro 133x. Just ordered mine. ;-) These cards are about average speed, roughly on par with an 8Gb Sandisk Ultra II, but it's a whole lot of space for the money.

Message edited by author 2008-11-26 11:12:49.
11/26/2008 11:29:25 AM · #2
Originally posted by scalvert:

FYI- today only. Kingston Elite Pro 133x. Just ordered mine. ;-) These cards are about average speed, roughly on par with an 8Gb Sandisk Ultra II, but it's a whole lot of space for the money.


Thanks Scalvert, this will be perfect for my 5D. Ordered.

Matt
11/26/2008 11:29:35 AM · #3
thnx. I just ordered one.
11/26/2008 11:35:02 AM · #4
Great catch. Just ordered mine, too. I have the 8GB version of this. It doesn't do ReadyBoost on my PC, but how many ReadyBoost cards do you really need....
11/26/2008 11:38:20 AM · #5
Wow! Ordered mine too, $36.31 including ground shipping.

I paid $40 for my 4 gig (on sale!) just four months ago.

Thanks Scalvert, for sharing the info!
11/26/2008 11:46:09 AM · #6
There is a fry's in my area. Is this being given at a local level too?

Yep, there is in store pickup!

Thanks alot. I needed one of these :)


Message edited by author 2008-11-26 11:52:05.
11/26/2008 11:49:16 AM · #7
Originally posted by JaimeVinas:

There is a fry's in my area. Is this being given at a local level too?

You can select "local pickup" as an option and avoid shipping charges.
11/26/2008 11:50:45 AM · #8
I saw that in this mornings ad. I may go over there and pick one up. Of course, in 6 months that will be the normal price. At least some things can be counted on to go down.
11/26/2008 12:01:34 PM · #9
As an aside, I noticed on Galbraith's CF tests that the Canon 50D has triple the write speed of the 40D. Yow!
11/26/2008 12:02:20 PM · #10
Originally posted by yospiff:

I saw that in this mornings ad. I may go over there and pick one up. Of course, in 6 months that will be the normal price. At least some things can be counted on to go down.


I once had a girlfr........nevermind this is a family site. :D

Matt
11/26/2008 12:22:26 PM · #11
Great deal! Just clicked the big "Order" button :)
11/26/2008 12:25:58 PM · #12
DHL for international shipping .. doh
11/26/2008 12:33:05 PM · #13
I picked up a 4Gb Kingston 133x from B&H for $39.95 with a $40 rebate a few months ago. Rebate actually arrived too which was nice - made a profit.

I use the card, but do find it noticeably slower than some of the Sandisk's that I have, but my camera is throwing data at it quite quickly.

Message edited by author 2008-11-26 12:34:25.
11/26/2008 12:38:58 PM · #14
Originally posted by ralph:

DHL for international shipping .. doh


Yup, I backed out when I saw that...
11/26/2008 02:43:05 PM · #15
For any SD users like myself, feeling left out, I was just looking for a new reader, and found this:


Transcend 16GB SDHC CARD (SD 2.0 SPD CLASS 6) with Compact Card Reader


$35.99 with free shipping. Crazy! I have three 4 GB cards, but if I went for one of these, I guess I would never need to change cards on a shoot. That's a good thing, unless something goes wrong with it!

There's also an 8GB model for $15.99 without the card reader.

Message edited by author 2008-11-26 14:45:40.
11/26/2008 03:10:11 PM · #16
Originally posted by doctornick:

Originally posted by ralph:

DHL for international shipping .. doh


Yup, I backed out when I saw that...


What's wrong with that?
11/26/2008 03:18:09 PM · #17
Originally posted by Gordon:

Originally posted by doctornick:

Originally posted by ralph:

DHL for international shipping .. doh


Yup, I backed out when I saw that...


What's wrong with that?

besides the stories people have been passing about DHL service
crossing the border will add delay & cost so doesn't make it worth the trouble ..
11/27/2008 09:57:09 AM · #18
Originally posted by nshapiro:

For any SD users like myself, feeling left out, I was just looking for a new reader, and found this:


Transcend 16GB SDHC CARD (SD 2.0 SPD CLASS 6) with Compact Card Reader


$35.99 with free shipping. Crazy! I have three 4 GB cards, but if I went for one of these, I guess I would never need to change cards on a shoot. That's a good thing, unless something goes wrong with it!

There's also an 8GB model for $15.99 without the card reader.


8GB SD for $16

Matt
11/27/2008 10:10:45 AM · #19
I've searched and searched for similar deals in Canada but no go. Grrr

Free trade my ***!
11/27/2008 10:31:58 AM · #20
Here's another deal on Zipzoomfly.com

Link to OCZ Diesel 16GB USB 2.0 Pen Drive.

Right now it's showing $37.99 but tomorrow at 1am it will be $14.99 after $23 MIR
11/28/2008 04:15:18 PM · #21
Mine showed up 30 minutes ago, DHL and all!
11/28/2008 05:24:51 PM · #22
Originally posted by ambaker:

Mine showed up 30 minutes ago, DHL and all!


I just noticed DHL has mine too, and although it left the St. Louis Area at 8am this morning(about 45 minutes from me) it shows it wont be delivered until 12-2-2008 which is next tuesday. :D

Matt
11/28/2008 05:55:52 PM · #23
i got 8 gigs from b&h for $8 each. pretty good deal, its still available if people want 8 gigs rather then 16. 16 is way more then i need
11/28/2008 06:57:18 PM · #24
My card showed up this afternoon, so naturally there's an even better deal today. Try THREE Sandisk Extreme III CF cards for $0, or if you prefer, THREE 8GB versions for $20. Pretty soon we'll find them in cereal boxes.
11/28/2008 07:53:52 PM · #25
Originally posted by scalvert:

My card showed up this afternoon, so naturally there's an even better deal today. Try THREE Sandisk Extreme III CF cards for $0, or if you prefer, THREE 8GB versions for $20. Pretty soon we'll find them in cereal boxes.


oh man I just bought 3 of those 4 days ago! lol
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 12/09/2019 12:45:37 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 12/09/2019 12:45:37 AM EST.