DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Heart II
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 27, (reverse)
AuthorThread
11/10/2008 12:03:22 AM · #1
Uh oh, another sequel challenge. A few members are going to have to take their heart pills when they discover this. hehe.

Heart

The original

Message edited by author 2008-11-10 00:04:43.
11/10/2008 12:12:54 AM · #2
It was actually members who suggested this very thing a couple of days ago.

(I may even try to find the thread for you, in a minute).
11/10/2008 12:13:56 AM · #3
Originally posted by karmat:

It was actually members who suggested this very thing a couple of days ago.

(I may even try to find the thread for you, in a minute).


I was being a little tongue-in-cheek due to a thread I'd been a part of not too long ago. (but I did forget for a moment that it was a tribute challenge idea for Bear-Music, which now makes it seem even that much more, err, heartless of me.)

Message edited by author 2008-11-10 00:15:23.
11/10/2008 12:15:14 AM · #4
I suspected as much, but not everyone will know that. . .

The Suggestion
11/10/2008 12:17:10 AM · #5
My official apologies to Bear-Music. I honestly had forgotten and didn't mean to make it sound like I was making fun of him.

What I meant by the original post is that some people are getting tired of sequel challenges and I was just being tongue-in-cheek about that.

Egg on my face.

Sorry!
11/10/2008 12:21:43 AM · #6
Originally posted by K10DGuy:

My official apologies to Bear-Music. I honestly had forgotten and didn't mean to make it sound like I was making fun of him.

What I meant by the original post is that some people are getting tired of sequel challenges and I was just being tongue-in-cheek about that.

Egg on my face.

Sorry!


And once again you fail trying to be funny...........this seems to be a pattern for you. :D

Matt
11/10/2008 12:26:06 AM · #7
Originally posted by MattO:

Originally posted by K10DGuy:

My official apologies to Bear-Music. I honestly had forgotten and didn't mean to make it sound like I was making fun of him.

What I meant by the original post is that some people are getting tired of sequel challenges and I was just being tongue-in-cheek about that.

Egg on my face.

Sorry!


And once again you fail trying to be funny...........this seems to be a pattern for you. :D

Matt


I'm an expert.
11/10/2008 01:01:09 AM · #8
OH WOW - my idea was picked up...

Well first, of course I'd like to thank my peers... without whom - well without whom I'd have had a ribbon by now.

Secondly I'd like to Thank Mr.Bear - lets hope the music in his heart keeps going and going.

And finally but not least - I'd better enter this baby ... SMILE!
11/10/2008 05:44:09 AM · #9
Originally posted by K10DGuy:

Uh oh, another sequel challenge. A few members are going to have to take their heart pills when they discover this. hehe.


I imagine that's the whole IDEA; to remind me to take my pills, all 9 bottles worth of them...

R.
11/10/2008 05:56:42 AM · #10
I have no ideas and I'm unwell and have no creative urge. Argh. Any other time and this might seem like a really cool challenge.
11/10/2008 06:19:36 AM · #11
Originally posted by LadyTara:

I have no ideas and I'm unwell and have no creative urge. Argh. Any other time and this might seem like a really cool challenge.


Something will come to you in the week im sure!!
Take loads of Nightnurse if your feeling unwell, it might kick start some creativity ; )

I had a couple of ideas but looking over the last lot the quality is really high and so is the inventiveness. Oh dear, im doomed!
11/11/2008 02:33:30 PM · #12
A few years ago the American Cancer Society sponsored one of those artist sculpture auctions (like the cows in Chicago) featuring hearts in San Francisco.

515276.jpg

Too bad most of them are gone now -- I'll have to come up with something else for this challenge.
11/11/2008 02:44:51 PM · #13
Originally posted by EstimatedEyes:

A few years ago the American Cancer Society sponsored one of those artist sculpture auctions (like the cows in Chicago) featuring hearts in San Francisco.

515276.jpg

Too bad most of them are gone now -- I'll have to come up with something else for this challenge.


You'd have thought they'd just have LEFT all those hearts in San Francisco, eh? Bummer...

R.
11/11/2008 02:45:50 PM · #14
Originally posted by Starbanana:


Take loads of Nightnurse if your feeling unwell, it might kick start some creativity ; )


What's "nightnurse"? never heard of it...

R.
11/11/2008 03:13:57 PM · #15
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Originally posted by Starbanana:


Take loads of Nightnurse if your feeling unwell, it might kick start some creativity ; )


What's "nightnurse"? never heard of it...

R.


British Benadryl with added sedatives

Message edited by author 2008-11-11 15:15:20.
11/13/2008 05:40:31 AM · #16
It seems that most of the top scored images in the last HEART challenge would be DQ'd under the current rules, ... not?
11/13/2008 07:48:29 AM · #17
Originally posted by Greetmir:

It seems that most of the top scored images in the last HEART challenge would be DQ'd under the current rules, ... not?


Yes, of course; that challenge had a special rule appended:

Extra Rules

You may ignore all of the "Image Modification and Content Rules" with the exception of the Subject matter, Artwork, and Nudity clauses.


And this meant, most significantly, that multiple exposures could be used.

R.
11/13/2008 04:38:20 PM · #18
My first thoughts were the same as EstimatedEyes, too bad I'm not going to San Francisco this week

Heart

11/15/2008 10:37:31 PM · #19
*sigh* The only idea I can come up with would require a bottle of whiskey and someone that has the ability to do massive sutures.

11/15/2008 11:43:02 PM · #20
Originally posted by Greetmir:
It seems that most of the top scored images in the last HEART challenge would be DQ'd under the current rules, ... not?


Yeah, it's a shame that "expert editing" isn't around much anymore. I know they brought it up a while back, or at least the use of layering, but it doesn't seem to have gone anywhere.

I already submitted my "heart" shot. It is probably a mistake, but I'll throw it out there and see how it does. It's Saturday night and only 24 submissions. WOW
11/16/2008 01:57:25 PM · #21
I really wanted to enter this one but I've just had no energy for the past fortnight. Oh well. Good luck to everyone else!
11/16/2008 02:09:33 PM · #22
Originally posted by Jutilda:

Originally posted by Greetmir:
It seems that most of the top scored images in the last HEART challenge would be DQ'd under the current rules, ... not?


Yeah, it's a shame that "expert editing" isn't around much anymore. I know they brought it up a while back, or at least the use of layering, but it doesn't seem to have gone anywhere.

I already submitted my "heart" shot. It is probably a mistake, but I'll throw it out there and see how it does. It's Saturday night and only 24 submissions. WOW


Just goes to show I ain't no great shakes :-) I put one in, but it's not gonna score well. At all...

Good luck to all entrants. If it stays anywhere near this low, I'll comment on 'em all.

R.
11/16/2008 11:53:59 PM · #23
I'm in! Good luck all. :D
11/16/2008 11:57:25 PM · #24
I'm in too.
I'm just hoping to score a high 5, or a 6. That would be niiiiiiiice.
Good luck to all of us! :)

11/16/2008 11:58:56 PM · #25
Originally posted by magenmarie:

I'm in too.
I'm just hoping to score a high 5, or a 6. That would be niiiiiiiice.
Good luck to all of us! :)


It would be nice to see a 6 again, after so long. :(
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 06/20/2019 09:10:06 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 06/20/2019 09:10:06 AM EDT.