DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Photography Discussion >> Congrats, Joey Lawrence! Movie Poster
Pages:  
Showing posts 201 - 225 of 238, (reverse)
AuthorThread
05/20/2009 09:29:47 PM · #201
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Old, anyway, for sure...

R.


I knew you would say that.
05/20/2009 10:08:04 PM · #202
Originally posted by JulietNN:


Have a colonic instead


I'm starting to see a trend here. You're not a nurse, are you Juliet?
05/20/2009 10:09:24 PM · #203
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Old, anyway, for sure...

R.


Yeah, I kicked his old brutes butt. :)
05/20/2009 10:12:15 PM · #204
Originally posted by rugman1969:

My my, a little testy, are we? You can praise anyone you want, but if you go public with it, expect some people to not agree with you. Praise him all you want to yourself if you don't want to hear feedback. No one put a gun to your head to praise him in the forums. You took that liberty all by yourself. I don't give a s**t how much you praise him, but if you want to praise him here, I will give my opinion, no matter how unpopular it is. If you don't like it, set this thread to ignore and go on with your own life. You can defend him all you want. You can say you had the HONOR to meet him. Sorry, but not everybody would consider it an honor to meet a person, or this person for that matter. Your opinion, you made it public, deal with what you have to read. It's not what they think about Joey, it's what they think about his work, and how they have elevated it to a point that is ridiculous based on such little accomplishments. I compare this to(my God I am not getting political) President Obama. Less than a years experience in politics, and he is now the president. I'm just saying some people do not deserve the praise and recognition they get for so little accomplishments. Now, go back to praising Joey in private unless you want a response.


A lot of people have crap going on in there lives....even you by the sounds of it. Sometimes people go into threads to congratulate a person and generally have an enjoyable read....with a positive feeling. Going into a congratulatory thread just to berate a person is not only destroying another persons feeling when reading a thread....but also goes to show how little you care about others.

I hope you are proud of yourself Rugman!
05/20/2009 10:45:43 PM · #205
Originally posted by FireBird:

Originally posted by JulietNN:


Have a colonic instead


I'm starting to see a trend here. You're not a nurse, are you Juliet?


No , but to honest, I would give a free one to Rugman.
05/20/2009 10:55:46 PM · #206
Originally posted by rugman1969:

My my, a little testy, are we? You can praise anyone you want, but if you go public with it, expect some people to not agree with you. Praise him all you want to yourself if you don't want to hear feedback. No one put a gun to your head to praise him in the forums. You took that liberty all by yourself. I don't give a s**t how much you praise him, but if you want to praise him here, I will give my opinion, no matter how unpopular it is. If you don't like it, set this thread to ignore and go on with your own life. You can defend him all you want. You can say you had the HONOR to meet him. Sorry, but not everybody would consider it an honor to meet a person, or this person for that matter. Your opinion, you made it public, deal with what you have to read. It's not what they think about Joey, it's what they think about his work, and how they have elevated it to a point that is ridiculous based on such little accomplishments. I compare this to(my God I am not getting political) President Obama. Less than a years experience in politics, and he is now the president. I'm just saying some people do not deserve the praise and recognition they get for so little accomplishments. Now, go back to praising Joey in private unless you want a response.

Originally posted by dknourek:

Originally posted by rugman1969:

They are just a person. Get a life! I'm pathetic? I'm not on here praising someone I don't know, and who has no idea who I am either. I think that is pathetic.


This is awesome, I'm trying to get my head around why you give a s*** so much about what some people think of Joey. And YES I personally would and will defend him as I HAVE had the honor of meeting him and Im not saying that because Im on any fanboy wagon, but saying it because I have spoken with him and he is a very interesting character to talk to and you would be surprised what he can shoot straight out of the box with little or no editing. He is very creative, has a great eye for photography and a great understanding of the tools he uses in his photography and no Im not talking about Photoshop, Im talking about the cameras and lights and the environments he shoots in.

The lecture he gave here at the DPC workshop was very informative and I myself learned a lot from him and about him. Did you ever stop to think that some of these people giving him praise have actually met him, worked with him, talked with him and are friends with him and not just some sort of photographic groupies...

If you don't give a s*** and really could care less then why do you keep posting in this thread, why not just set it to ignore and go on with your day. IMO judging from your comments and they way you keep posting in this thread you are just a classic internet troll, nothing more...

-dave


Actually I'm in a pretty good mood, wasn't being testy at all but just "offering my opinion" ;)

anyway I'm not going to bother replying on this subject any more as I see its pointless and refuse to get in to any kind of internet pissing match with you..

Have a great day

-dave
05/20/2009 10:59:32 PM · #207
Oh you are such a wuss Dknourek.


hehehehe
05/20/2009 11:22:04 PM · #208
Originally posted by JulietNN:

Oh you are such a wuss Dknourek.


hehehehe


lol just seems like a pointless topic to argue about ;)
05/20/2009 11:24:15 PM · #209
Damm Rugman...you're not going to pass up a free colon cleaning are you?

Originally posted by JulietNN:

Originally posted by FireBird:

Originally posted by JulietNN:


Have a colonic instead


I'm starting to see a trend here. You're not a nurse, are you Juliet?


No , but to honest, I would give a free one to Rugman.
05/21/2009 12:24:05 AM · #210
The recent run of posts has had me browse through Joey's DPC entries. I really recommend that folk do this. It is really interesting to see how poor he was when he first joined, and how incredible his progress was in his first year on this site. Massive! You can see him experimenting and pushing his abilities. Trying, trying-and-succeeding, trying-and-failing - trying-and-learning. From my perspective he joined this site with no real clue about interpretation, composition, lighting, execution or editting; and in the space of a year he advanced in all these areas. And it is clear he in continuing to improve. Good for him - I say.

The comments around editting really confuse me because I would say Joey's main strength is his ability to take a challenge (or job), and concieve and execute an interpretation. I'm no fan of the various styles that are associated with him, but man do I admire his ability and committment to deliver - much in the same way I do with Larus, and a bunch of other folks here. In my opinion an inability to appreciate this is indicative of a lack of appreciation of the full photographic process involved - a narrow definition of what photography is.
05/21/2009 02:45:06 AM · #211
this is so freaking cool :)
05/21/2009 02:54:07 AM · #212
While he does have some interesting stuff in his portfolio here, you may want to check out his website for more recent work:

//www.joeyl.com/
05/21/2009 03:10:30 AM · #213
Originally posted by Melethia:

While he does have some interesting stuff in his portfolio here, you may want to check out his website for more recent work:

//www.joeyl.com/


Hard to argue that Joeyl is all about processing if you look through his site. top notch stuff. Of course everyone has their own opinions, how they are proffered makes all the difference.
05/21/2009 03:29:08 AM · #214
Originally posted by kenskid:

Damm Rugman...you're not going to pass up a free colon cleaning are you?

Originally posted by JulietNN:

Originally posted by FireBird:

Originally posted by JulietNN:


Have a colonic instead


I'm starting to see a trend here. You're not a nurse, are you Juliet?


No , but to honest, I would give a free one to Rugman.


Shameless self-promotion...
05/21/2009 03:56:38 AM · #215
Originally posted by raish:


Shameless self-promotion...


Hmmm.... never thought about it in quite that way...
05/21/2009 04:02:33 AM · #216
3 more posters to go.
05/21/2009 04:30:01 AM · #217
Originally posted by rugman1969:

Go ahead, nail me to the wall now.


No need, you've nailed yourself to the wall!

Joey is an amazing and talented photographer. He has come far and has a big future ahead of him. Proud to know ya Joey!!!
05/21/2009 09:41:56 AM · #218
I can name a few...

How about:

Louis Dagalski - He did the poster for "Revenge of the Washroom Killer"
Geoeff Linhomkin - He did the poster for the documentary "How to Love Your Route"
Lori Carpental - She did poster for the "Office Worker Part III"
Paul Candella - Did the poster for "Love Your Salesman"

But the biggest one is:

Penny Ruiz - Did the ad for the TV movie - "Why I love my PRC".

Originally posted by rugman1969:

By the way, how many other movie poster photographers can you name without googling? They are a dime a dozen.
05/21/2009 09:47:17 AM · #219
oh rug"man", you are really sad. if half the time you spent bringing other people down was spent trying to better yourself as a person, you would be a real man. now, you are just a pathetic 40-year old loser on the internet who is jealous of an 18-year-old kid. everyone is allowed their opinion, but when you try to bring someone down to make yourself feel better (ie. no critique, just negativity), it shows how insecure you are in yourself. you should be embarassed of yourself.
05/21/2009 10:16:01 AM · #220
If I hadn't looked at the 'names' of people in here I would have swore deapee was back!

Now....let's all hug and make it better, k? :)
(sp)

Message edited by author 2009-05-21 10:19:39.
05/21/2009 12:59:29 PM · #221
Does he have a profile on DPC?
05/21/2009 01:18:16 PM · #222
joey
05/21/2009 02:11:11 PM · #223
Thanks for the link.
Great stuff.

Originally posted by justine:

joey
05/21/2009 02:36:37 PM · #224
so what? Ever thought I just happen across a forum like this and decide to post? I don't go looking for them. I don't post in here all the time because I have a LIFE!!! I can't believe you actually wasted your time to go back and check in the threads I have posted in. If you don't like my opinion, then tough. You writing back to me is not going to change my opinion, no matter what you have to say. It appears that you are maybe a little too preoccupied and/or obsessed with people's perception of success regarding Joey yourself. As far as my posting in the forums, if you don't like the things I have to say, then don't read them. If you want to heap praise on people that are deserving, why don't you praise the military for the service they do for our country. It's because of them that we have forums like this to post in. Instead, you praise people who take pictures and make movie posters. Go get yourself a life, and while you are there, figure out what's really important in life. I promise you, it is not a photographer. I can't believe I am wasting my time with you Joey supporters. This will be my last post in this thread. To all who do not like my opinion, tough. Grow up and learn that your own opinion is not the all end say all. No matter what you do or say, you will not and never change my opinion. It's time we start to worry about the real things, not stupid crap like this. See ya!


Originally posted by yakatme:

Here's an observation that tells a bit of a story...

' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', '/') + 1) . ' rugman1969, you don't post in the forums very often. You have only posted to 10 threads in the last four months.

In two of those threads your comment was directed toward comments about Joey.

In this thread you commented back in March and when it was again brought to the front page you commented again.

You seem to have a pattern of startng off your bias against him with the questions "Why?" or "Who cares?" which is not offering an opinion at all. You seem to be simply attempting to provoke the other posters.

One way to summarize your posting in the forums would be to say that in the past four months you have responded negatively to praise of Joey three out of your last ten forums posted to.

It appears that you are maybe a little too preoccupied and/or obsessed with people's perception of success regarding Joey.

Oh, yeah...that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.
05/21/2009 02:39:32 PM · #225
You are pathetic. Get a life and get over yourself. If anything, you should be embarrassed because of your praise of an 18 year old kid. By the way, I am 39 idiot. And right now, I feel like a loser for wasting my time on you. Only a loser would call someone a loser. So if the shoe fits... Obviously, you do not feel everyone is entitled to their own opinion, because if you did, you would not be posting back to me on here. Stop being such a hypocrite. Think about what you say before you say it.

Originally posted by Hail the Heartbreaker:

oh rug"man", you are really sad. if half the time you spent bringing other people down was spent trying to better yourself as a person, you would be a real man. now, you are just a pathetic 40-year old loser on the internet who is jealous of an 18-year-old kid. everyone is allowed their opinion, but when you try to bring someone down to make yourself feel better (ie. no critique, just negativity), it shows how insecure you are in yourself. you should be embarassed of yourself.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 10/26/2020 03:58:22 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 10/26/2020 03:58:22 AM EDT.