DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Out and About >> London GTG 19 May 2008
Pages:  
Showing posts 51 - 75 of 195, (reverse)
AuthorThread
05/08/2008 03:50:44 PM · #51
Anyone else joining us on the 19th?

05/08/2008 03:51:17 PM · #52
sure count me and Slippy in ;)
05/08/2008 03:51:34 PM · #53
The more the merrier.
05/08/2008 03:53:44 PM · #54
You know, I really wish I could. I will be flying out of London on the 19th. Pity.
05/08/2008 03:57:24 PM · #55
Originally posted by salmiakki:

You know, I really wish I could. I will be flying out of London on the 19th. Pity.


That is a shame, maybe another time?

I am looking forward to meeting you all, this will be my 3rd (i think) attempt at making it to a GTG ! I am a bit camera rusty so I am hoping this will be the kick up the backside I need to get back into taking photos again!

05/08/2008 03:59:12 PM · #56
Originally posted by Judi:

The more the merrier.

Ive heard that one before :P
05/08/2008 04:00:32 PM · #57
Originally posted by MikeOwens:

That is a shame, maybe another time?

I am looking forward to meeting you all, this will be my 3rd (i think) attempt at making it to a GTG ! I am a bit camera rusty so I am hoping this will be the kick up the backside I need to get back into taking photos again!


Definitely Mike! I made 2 out of the last 3, so hopefully the next one.
05/08/2008 04:03:42 PM · #58
Does anybody know exactly where we are meeting and what time? And who is definitely coming?
05/08/2008 04:12:12 PM · #59
Last gtg they all met at the London Eye around 10am, that sounds reasonable to me.

05/08/2008 04:17:30 PM · #60
Originally posted by MikeOwens:

Last gtg they all met at the London Eye around 10am, that sounds reasonable to me.


I'll go with that.

Here is the list from this thread so far.

' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Judi
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Simms
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_N.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_N.gif', '/') + 1) . ' raish
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' MikeOwens
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' dainmcgowan
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Valdo
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' SteveJ
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' MAK

Anybody else?

05/08/2008 04:19:53 PM · #61
Originally posted by Judi:


' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Judi
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Simms
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_N.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_N.gif', '/') + 1) . ' raish
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' MikeOwens
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' dainmcgowan
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Valdo
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' SteveJ
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' MAK

Anybody else?

Judi, you'll have a great time. Nicer group you couldn't wish to meet. (I haven't met everyone on the list but some..). Boys, just make sure the Pub is open this time :)

Message edited by author 2008-05-08 16:20:18.
05/08/2008 04:26:03 PM · #62
Originally posted by salmiakki:

Originally posted by Judi:


' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Judi
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Simms
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_N.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_N.gif', '/') + 1) . ' raish
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' MikeOwens
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' dainmcgowan
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Valdo
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' SteveJ
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' MAK

Anybody else?

Judi, you'll have a great time. Nicer group you couldn't wish to meet. (I haven't met everyone on the list but some..). Boys, just make sure the Pub is open this time :)


It's not a case of the pub being open, it's a case of the pub being open to serve customers!! Never did get a beer:(
05/08/2008 04:27:41 PM · #63
Originally posted by SteveJ:

It's not a case of the pub being open, it's a case of the pub being open to serve customers!! Never did get a beer:(


True enough, but at least we dried off for a few mins! Hopefully the weather will be a little bit more camera friendly this time around. I know you'll all have fun whatever happens.
05/08/2008 04:36:51 PM · #64
Originally posted by SteveJ:



It's not a case of the pub being open, it's a case of the pub being open to serve customers!! Never did get a beer:(


Oh ya....great! I think I should warn you...I am a Cadbury girl! A glass and a half and I'm full. Hmm...actually....half a glass and I am dancing on the tables!!!!
05/09/2008 04:35:39 AM · #65
Originally posted by SteveJ:

Originally posted by salmiakki:

Originally posted by Judi:


' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Judi
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Simms
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_N.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_N.gif', '/') + 1) . ' raish
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' MikeOwens
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' dainmcgowan
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Valdo
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' SteveJ
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' MAK

Anybody else?

Judi, you'll have a great time. Nicer group you couldn't wish to meet. (I haven't met everyone on the list but some..). Boys, just make sure the Pub is open this time :)


It's not a case of the pub being open, it's a case of the pub being open to serve customers!! Never did get a beer:(


BUT, it would of been so easy to turn that place over and drink it dry.. The landlord should be happy it was a placid bunch of photogs who broke in and not a rowdy bunch of Irish celebrating St Patricks Day..
05/09/2008 05:06:38 AM · #66
Add me to the list. Can only take a couple of hours off at lunch.
05/09/2008 06:33:32 AM · #67
Originally posted by AlexSaberi:

Add me to the list. Can only take a couple of hours off at lunch.


Wahooooo!
05/11/2008 12:49:29 AM · #68
Bump for any more members that want to meet up and also to find out WHAT TIME to meet?????
05/11/2008 07:22:35 AM · #69
I'm keeping an eye on the details here, on the off chance I am able to make it - but unfortunately it doesn't look likely at the moment : (
05/11/2008 12:11:43 PM · #70


J, will PM my mobile number to you. Got your message.

Lets make it early eh? say 09:30ish? Unless someone else has any better ideas.. Maybe start at Tower of London instead, walk upto St Pauls, cross the Millenium Bridge to Tate Modern then walk up to the eye, eye to parliment, parliment to trafalger, trafalger to Buckingham Palace etc etc..

Actually that might be a better route.. Judi, I will work out the best place for us to hook up and the best way for you to get there.

So lets say Tower Hill at 09:30.. If anyone else needs my number to coordinate then let me know.

Message edited by author 2008-05-11 12:11:59.
05/11/2008 04:58:07 PM · #71
Originally posted by Simms:

J, will PM my mobile number to you. Got your message.

Lets make it early eh? say 09:30ish? Unless someone else has any better ideas.. Maybe start at Tower of London instead, walk upto St Pauls, cross the Millenium Bridge to Tate Modern then walk up to the eye, eye to parliment, parliment to trafalger, trafalger to Buckingham Palace etc etc..

Actually that might be a better route.. Judi, I will work out the best place for us to hook up and the best way for you to get there.

So lets say Tower Hill at 09:30.. If anyone else needs my number to coordinate then let me know.


No worries. I have no idea where anything is...so I will just follow your direction.
05/11/2008 05:51:23 PM · #72
OK, head up all, lets make this post the definitive arrangements for the day.

Meeting at Tower Hill at 09:30. Tower Hill is across the road from the Tower itself directly next to Tower Hill tube station.

Heres a pic so you can get a rough idea.
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/3746/120/594719.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/3746/120/594719.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

We also have Tower Bridge here if we want to walk down to the River bank and get a few shots.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/390/120/241818.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/390/120/241818.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Anyway, after getting some lovely photos (would make a great place for a group shot!) we could walk upto the Monument (great fire of London monument) and if we are feeling fit we could climb up that for some great views. If not then we head off directly to St Pauls Cathedral.. photos photos photos.

After that we walk down to the river and cross the Millenium Bridge from the North side

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/839/120/664768.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/839/120/664768.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

to the Tate Modern on the South Side

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/645/120/480284.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/645/120/480284.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Next we walk up the South Bank

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/3746/120/620655.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/3746/120/620655.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

(which is really rather nice in good weather) towards the London Eye

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/646/120/482153.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/646/120/482153.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

After that we can walk to Westminster Bridge and cross over to the Houses of Parliament

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/702/120/543904.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/702/120/543904.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' Hopefully without the T1000s to deal with.

From there we make our way to Parliament Square and then we can go up to Trafalger Square (sorry, no pics to hand)

We then make our way down `The Mall`

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/3746/120/659408.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/3746/120/659408.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

towards Buckingham Palace, then basically back to Parliament Sqaure....

Judi, if there is anything you particularly wish to see that I havent mentioned here then let me know and I will see if I can factor it in somehow...

This time we will wait until 10am for the ones who are late then make our way on the route, you will have to catch up with us somehow (make sure you get mobile numbers!)

Everyone happy with this plan?

05/11/2008 06:12:08 PM · #73
Yep, good for me.

05/11/2008 06:13:44 PM · #74
OK, Judi, You need to get a Tube from "Finsbury Park" station and get take the train to "Kings Cross". There you need to hop off and make your way to the Circle Line (it will be within the station, just follow the signs). There you need to hop on a train that will take you to "Tower Hill".. All I can do here is stress how much you should ask Underground staff and make sure you are getting on the right train.. Better safe than sorry. I would give yourself about an hour since you are travelling in Rush Hour... geez, have you got an experience waiting for you!! lol

If you want to call me the night before then feel free. You have my number.
05/11/2008 06:19:04 PM · #75
Room for one more? Would be nice to meet a face behind a name... and have an excuse to get out with the cam.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 08/04/2021 07:32:59 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 08/04/2021 07:32:59 PM EDT.