DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Side Challenges and Tournaments >> Team UK Lounge is now open!
Pages:  
Showing posts 26 - 50 of 195, (reverse)
AuthorThread
02/21/2008 10:53:31 AM · #26
Originally posted by SoulMan1978:

Originally posted by Limbo:

Did you get my PM with the link?


Yep. Left you a comment :-)


Thanks for the comment. Glad it worked.

So everyone knows, if you PM others in the team and provide the link to the workshop image, full //www....., then we can view each others proposed entries and leave comments, while maintaining privacy.

We should use the team and get feedback. I know I'll be spamming you all ;-)
02/21/2008 01:35:11 PM · #27
Thats a very good idea!
My model isnt here at the moment, but as soon as she is back i'll take and upload the photo and see what you think :D
02/21/2008 02:33:10 PM · #28
Team UK lounge ?

What about 'Team UK Municipal Golf Course' ? or maybe 'Team UK Library' ?

Team UK Chip shop ?
02/21/2008 02:44:51 PM · #29
Team UK Pub then the Chip Shop ;-)
02/21/2008 03:32:56 PM · #30
Team UK pub then club then donner kebab/chip shop/take away and taxi home :-)
02/21/2008 03:37:34 PM · #31
You see - now we're talking.

Get that thread title changed :- )
02/21/2008 04:44:46 PM · #32
Can you find another UK member to take my place?? My current form is well down, new camera and a whole new learning curve!

With work and ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' motherlee still recovering from surgery, I am going to be stretched to say the least. I have few chances to get out with the camera and I don't want the UK team to go down due to me:(
02/21/2008 04:51:48 PM · #33
Originally posted by SteveJ:

Can you find another UK member to take my place?? My current form is well down, new camera and a whole new learning curve!

With work and ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' motherlee still recovering from surgery, I am going to be stretched to say the least. I have few chances to get out with the camera and I don't want the UK team to go down due to me:(


Hi Steve, I too have been having a hard time with the camera lately and not being able to get out makes it difficult for me to get the shots I'd really like. From what I can gather it's just the top 4 or 5 shots per week from each team that count so, as far as I'm concerned, there is no need for you to leave! We all have tough times and for me this sort of side challenge is just a bit of fun, time to meet a few new people and get a little feedback on my work...I hope you reconsider and stick with us :o)

02/21/2008 04:56:41 PM · #34
Originally posted by talj:

Originally posted by SteveJ:

Can you find another UK member to take my place?? My current form is well down, new camera and a whole new learning curve!

With work and ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' motherlee still recovering from surgery, I am going to be stretched to say the least. I have few chances to get out with the camera and I don't want the UK team to go down due to me:(


Hi Steve, I too have been having a hard time with the camera lately and not being able to get out makes it difficult for me to get the shots I'd really like. From what I can gather it's just the top 4 or 5 shots per week from each team that count so, as far as I'm concerned, there is no need for you to leave! We all have tough times and for me this sort of side challenge is just a bit of fun, time to meet a few new people and get a little feedback on my work...I hope you reconsider and stick with us :o)


I have a shot that is average, but can't find the time at the mo to better it. If you guys need a prop, I can do that, but if you get a volunteer with a good average, go with it...I won't be phased! ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' talj I'll be seeing you at the GTG!! :)
02/21/2008 05:01:42 PM · #35
Originally posted by SteveJ:


' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' talj I'll be seeing you at the GTG!! :)


True! Looking forward to it! :o)

As for staying or going, hopefully you'll still be in but if not keep cheering us on from the sidelines ;o)
02/21/2008 05:02:26 PM · #36
Originally posted by SteveJ:

Originally posted by talj:

Originally posted by SteveJ:

Can you find another UK member to take my place?? My current form is well down, new camera and a whole new learning curve!

With work and ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' motherlee still recovering from surgery, I am going to be stretched to say the least. I have few chances to get out with the camera and I don't want the UK team to go down due to me:(


Hi Steve, I too have been having a hard time with the camera lately and not being able to get out makes it difficult for me to get the shots I'd really like. From what I can gather it's just the top 4 or 5 shots per week from each team that count so, as far as I'm concerned, there is no need for you to leave! We all have tough times and for me this sort of side challenge is just a bit of fun, time to meet a few new people and get a little feedback on my work...I hope you reconsider and stick with us :o)


I have a shot that is average, but can't find the time at the mo to better it. If you guys need a prop, I can do that, but if you get a volunteer with a good average, go with it...I won't be phased! ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' talj I'll be seeing you at the GTG!! :)


I say stick with us. You've got a shot and its the top 4 that are used. If we only get 3 other entries then you stop us being left out of the round. Average is better and 0.
I've not got a shot yet, nor an idea ;-)
It's just for fun anyway.
02/23/2008 01:15:17 PM · #37
Hello all.

I don't know if you knew but it was my birthday yesterday - I'm now in my 30s. I got a nice monopod from Mrs Soulman which I'm dying to use when I get a sec.

How's everyone doing? I've got the stuff for my colour on colour entry, which I'll shoot later.

Has anyone shot theirs yet? I've got an idea for the black and white challenge (courtesy of my girlfriend) if anyone's stuck.
02/23/2008 01:20:10 PM · #38
Originally posted by SoulMan1978:

Hello all.

I don't know if you knew but it was my birthday yesterday - I'm now in my 30s. I got a nice monopod from Mrs Soulman which I'm dying to use when I get a sec.

How's everyone doing? I've got the stuff for my colour on colour entry, which I'll shoot later.

Has anyone shot theirs yet? I've got an idea for the black and white challenge (courtesy of my girlfriend) if anyone's stuck.


Blimey Soulman - I'm not surprised you need a new monopod if you have a wife and a girlfriend !!

Do they know about each other?

:- )

02/23/2008 01:43:40 PM · #39
I haven't shot anything yet - am still in two minds as to which one I'll do. I do know that I don't want to shoot a home studio/tabletop shot because every single time I do it I get really sh!te marks...so it's going to have to be an outside/reality shot, which for the colour one really does need some lovely sunshine (lacking in London atm).

I also got a gorillapod SLR zoom yesterday... it's a load smaller than I thought it would be. Handy thing but not the tripod-killer that I was hoping for.

N
02/23/2008 01:55:19 PM · #40
Originally posted by Quasimojo:


I also got a gorillapod SLR zoom yesterday... it's a load smaller than I thought it would be. Handy thing but not the tripod-killer that I was hoping for.

N


I got one of them before Christmas to fit on the wheelchair...

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/45000-49999/48389/120/617283.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/45000-49999/48389/120/617283.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Works perfectly for what I bought it for but don't think I could ever replace my tripod with it!
02/23/2008 01:56:01 PM · #41
Originally posted by SoulMan1978:


I don't know if you knew but it was my birthday yesterday


Happy Birthday :o)
02/23/2008 02:33:56 PM · #42
Happy belated birthday!!!
I left my Tripod at home (while im at uni) and my brother pinched the bit that you attach to the camera!
So today i braved the streets of Plymouth, all on my own (never been there, and i never go out on my own usually, so this was a big thing!) and brought a new one!!
Its nothing special, just the cheapest i could find, from the only camera shop i could find!

I have a sort of idea for the black and white in colour challenge, but I dont have any idea how I can get the background black/white/grey :(
I have a cream or dark blue table cloth??? xD

Talj, your wheelchair is so cool!!! Mine just looks horrible, which does give me incentive to stay out of it as much as possible though ;-)

02/23/2008 02:38:12 PM · #43
Originally posted by Zodiac:



I have a sort of idea for the black and white in colour challenge, but I dont have any idea how I can get the background black/white/grey :(
I have a cream or dark blue table cloth??? xD


Is it something you could put a large piece of black card behind?

Originally posted by Zodiac:


Talj, your wheelchair is so cool!!! Mine just looks horrible, which does give me incentive to stay out of it as much as possible though ;-)


Thanks Zoe :o) I fought for a VERY long time not to have to use one and I still try hard not to but have to admit that at the last GTG I felt a lot better about not making everyone walk as slow as me...especially as it kept raining! ;o)
02/23/2008 02:45:25 PM · #44
No unfortunately, the 'thing' is quite large xD

I dont know how open Im allowed to be about my potential photo, and another question, am I allowed to sort of emulate other pictures here on dpc? There is one, from ages ago which I have always wanted to remake in a similar way, and this challenge could give me a chance.

I have mine just incase, because having to walk a 5 mile round trip to uni each day does nacker me, but I generally use crutches, or refuse to go anywhere lol!
02/23/2008 02:55:33 PM · #45
Originally posted by Zodiac:

No unfortunately, the 'thing' is quite large xD

I dont know how open Im allowed to be about my potential photo, and another question, am I allowed to sort of emulate other pictures here on dpc? There is one, from ages ago which I have always wanted to remake in a similar way, and this challenge could give me a chance.


I'd say that if you want to give more detail about your image that you PM one or more of the team, it's probably not a good idea to be openly discussing our possible entries in this thread :o)

As long as your shot isn't an exact copy of a previous entry I can't really see there being a problem but one of the other members might be able to clarify on that.

Originally posted by Zodiac:


I have mine just incase, because having to walk a 5 mile round trip to uni each day does nacker me, but I generally use crutches, or refuse to go anywhere lol!


I'd say I don't need mine either but some might say otherwise!! I generally walk VERY slowly with two walking sticks or my crutches but for longer trips like the weekly shop and days out I tend to give in to the wheelchair now :o(
02/24/2008 01:27:33 PM · #46
Originally posted by Jedusi:

Blimey Soulman - I'm not surprised you need a new monopod if you have a wife and a girlfriend !!

Do they know about each other?

:- )


Damn - rumbled! ;-)

No, Mrs Soulman is my new pet name for my girlfriend Sara :-)
02/25/2008 03:54:12 PM · #47
Good luck to you all. I'll be politely cheering you on from the sidelines in a reserved sort of way.

Hooray for the Brits.


02/25/2008 04:16:44 PM · #48
I have a different shot for the Olympics, B&W in Colour.

Not so OOB, and hopefully an anchor 5.0
02/25/2008 06:01:20 PM · #49
Ive been rather poorly this last week, and although I have taken some shots they havent been what I wanted, as i have been unable to move very much :(
Should I enter one anyway?
Thanks for any advice

02/25/2008 06:04:26 PM · #50
Originally posted by Zodiac:

Ive been rather poorly this last week, and although I have taken some shots they havent been what I wanted, as i have been unable to move very much :(
Should I enter one anyway?
Thanks for any advice


Sent you a PM Zoe :o)
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 07/26/2021 02:11:57 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 07/26/2021 02:11:57 AM EDT.