DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Tips, Tricks, and Q&A >> Track your score and figure out each vote
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 64, (reverse)
AuthorThread
12/06/2007 07:12:13 AM · #1
For those of you update freaks who are looking for how to calculate your latest votes, I've made an Excel spreadsheet that will do that for ya:
*Removed.

You just need to refresh the page where your score is displayed and enter the updated score on the spreadsheet.

Let me know if you have any doubt...

**************************
Edit 02/01/2007: Latest version
//www.4shared.com/file/36576855/782df3a1/dpchallenge_v6_English_posted.html
Download instructions:
-Click the link above and when the download page loads, click the "Download file" link.

Instructions:
-Please notice that before you open the spreadsheet, you MUST login to //www.dpchallenge.com on Internet Explorer AND you MUST also check the auto login checkboxes on the login page, to enable the spreadsheet to get the data from the internet.
-You must enable macros on your Excel. Check macro security on Excel.
-Tested only with Excel XP (2002), but should work with versions 2000, 2003 and 2007.
-The spreadsheet will record only the information of the first challenge that you are participating. If you are participating in more than one challenge, the spreadsheet will take in account only the first one.
-When opening the spreadsheet, choose the frequency that you want it updated. I recommend 10 to 30 seconds so you can record less votes between each update, making it easier for you to figure out each vote value.
-Report any bugs in this thread.

Message edited by author 2008-02-01 06:34:22.
12/06/2007 08:49:37 AM · #2
While we're sharing... here's the one I've been using:

Includes an automatically updating score graph and allows you to see how many votes the scrubber removes.

//photographyvoice.com/pv/downloads/DP%20Challenge%20Vote%20Tracker.xls

[thumb]620128[/thumb]


12/06/2007 09:12:16 AM · #3
cool. I'll give those a try. Thanks.
12/06/2007 09:18:30 AM · #4
How timely!

I was just pondering this last nite. lots of spare time at work right now, and the excel program was calling me...

and puttering with that looks so much more "productive" than voting..
12/06/2007 11:54:25 AM · #5
Let us know what you think!
12/06/2007 12:02:33 PM · #6
Hawkeye, I'm using yours, and I'm tying to update the scale of the graph as in # 8 of the included instructions. It's not working for me, could this be because I'm using an older version of Excel?
12/06/2007 12:13:17 PM · #7
Originally posted by bauerfan71:

Hawkeye, I'm using yours, and I'm tying to update the scale of the graph as in # 8 of the included instructions. It's not working for me, could this be because I'm using an older version of Excel?


What's it saying? I would think if it could show the graph, then it could alter the scale.
12/06/2007 12:18:22 PM · #8
It's doing nothing when I click on the axis, it shows the tag that dscribes what the pointer is on, but then nothing more will happen when I double click, or right click. I've tried in other parts of the graph, and nothing happens there, either.
12/06/2007 12:49:31 PM · #9
Originally posted by bauerfan71:

It's doing nothing when I click on the axis, it shows the tag that dscribes what the pointer is on, but then nothing more will happen when I double click, or right click. I've tried in other parts of the graph, and nothing happens there, either.


Ok... fixed. But you have to download again (at the same site). And then copy and paste any scores you have from the old sheet to the new one and it should be good.
12/06/2007 01:23:16 PM · #10
Okay this is awesome but now all I need you to do is make the spreadsheet download my scores automatically for me and place them into the correct fields. For every new vote it will place it into a new field and with every same score it will just over ride the previous score. Oh and can you have it search for a new score every 20 seconds rather than every 10 minutes like the Vista program.
12/06/2007 01:34:02 PM · #11
Works now!

Awesome tool, thanks!
12/06/2007 01:36:25 PM · #12
Originally posted by bauerfan71:

Works now!

Awesome tool, thanks!


Glad you like it. Just modified it again (duck and run) to show you your High/Low/Variance of your scores as well. If you want to update for that.
12/06/2007 01:37:27 PM · #13
Originally posted by Lowcivicman99:

Okay this is awesome but now all I need you to do is make the spreadsheet download my scores automatically for me and place them into the correct fields. For every new vote it will place it into a new field and with every same score it will just over ride the previous score. Oh and can you have it search for a new score every 20 seconds rather than every 10 minutes like the Vista program.


heheh

I thought of doing a scraper program for that. But at that point, if people were using such, then the PTB of the site should just allow us to view our votes natively. Would save a lot less hassle and wear and tear of us hitting update over and over and over.
12/06/2007 04:01:48 PM · #14
Originally posted by HawkeyeLonewolf:

Originally posted by Lowcivicman99:

Okay this is awesome but now all I need you to do is make the spreadsheet download my scores automatically for me and place them into the correct fields. For every new vote it will place it into a new field and with every same score it will just over ride the previous score. Oh and can you have it search for a new score every 20 seconds rather than every 10 minutes like the Vista program.


heheh

I thought of doing a scraper program for that. But at that point, if people were using such, then the PTB of the site should just allow us to view our votes natively. Would save a lot less hassle and wear and tear of us hitting update over and over and over.


Do they want us to keep online hitting update? I think so...
12/06/2007 04:08:29 PM · #15
Originally posted by marcusvdt:

Originally posted by HawkeyeLonewolf:

Originally posted by Lowcivicman99:

Okay this is awesome but now all I need you to do is make the spreadsheet download my scores automatically for me and place them into the correct fields. For every new vote it will place it into a new field and with every same score it will just over ride the previous score. Oh and can you have it search for a new score every 20 seconds rather than every 10 minutes like the Vista program.


heheh

I thought of doing a scraper program for that. But at that point, if people were using such, then the PTB of the site should just allow us to view our votes natively. Would save a lot less hassle and wear and tear of us hitting update over and over and over.


Do they want us to keep online hitting update? I think so...


I'd believe that if they had ads running...
12/06/2007 09:19:41 PM · #16
Oh man! I've updated my spreadsheet, that's cool now...
It's getting the data from the internet, automatically...
12/08/2007 06:04:02 PM · #17
Originally posted by marcusvdt:

Oh man! I've updated my spreadsheet, that's cool now...
It's getting the data from the internet, automatically...


Nice job!
12/09/2007 02:29:40 PM · #18
Here it is the auto tracker:
//www.mandafacil.com.br/down/?codigo=aj6g9122007172533
(Wait some seconds for the download button to be available. The download button is the one that you see in green with the text: "Baixar Agora".)

Please notice that before you open the spreadsheet, you MUST login to //www.dpchallenge.com on Internet Explorer AND you MUST also check the auto login checkboxes on the login page, to enable the spreadsheet to get the data from the internet.

After that, open the spreadsheet and choose the auto refresh period (in seconds). Then keep the spreadsheet open to keep it tracking your score.

Thanks.
12/09/2007 02:40:22 PM · #19
Does this work in Firefox?
12/09/2007 03:14:30 PM · #20
Originally posted by Judi:

Does this work in Firefox?

You need to open DPC web site on Internet Explorer at least once so MS Excel can "see" the cookie that contains your auto login for DPC.

So, you may want to open DPC on Firefox, but you need to login at least once on Internet Explorer and when you do that, you MUST check the auto login checkboxes that are available on DPC login page. If you do that only once, the spreadsheet will always be able to "see" your DPC scores.

Notice that current version of the spreadsheet works only with one challenge at a time. If you are participating in more than one challenge at a time and they are all in voting period, the spreadsheet will "see" only the first one.

Thanks.
12/09/2007 03:23:02 PM · #21
Okay...thanks heaps!
12/09/2007 05:45:30 PM · #22
Originally posted by marcusvdt:

Wait some seconds for the download button to be available. The download button is the one that you see in green with the text: "Baixar Agora".


When ever I click on "Baixar Agora" it just resets the button. When it resets it goes to "Aguarde 18" & then counts down: Aguarde 17, Aguarde 16, Aguarde 15...and so on. Where can I "save" the file or "open" it? Thanks.
12/09/2007 07:12:01 PM · #23
Originally posted by marcusvdt:

Here it is the auto tracker:
//www.mandafacil.com.br/down/?codigo=aj6g9122007172533
(Wait some seconds for the download button to be available. The download button is the one that you see in green with the text: "Baixar Agora".)

Please notice that before you open the spreadsheet, you MUST login to //www.dpchallenge.com on Internet Explorer AND you MUST also check the auto login checkboxes on the login page, to enable the spreadsheet to get the data from the internet.

After that, open the spreadsheet and choose the auto refresh period (in seconds). Then keep the spreadsheet open to keep it tracking your score.

Thanks.


fantastic, how does this work if you have 2 challenges on the go?
12/09/2007 09:36:45 PM · #24
Originally posted by Venom:


When ever I click on "Baixar Agora" it just resets the button. When it resets it goes to "Aguarde 18" & then counts down: Aguarde 17, Aguarde 16, Aguarde 15...and so on. Where can I "save" the file or "open" it? Thanks.

These free upload sites are very annoying with these delays... For you reference, the word "Aguarde" is "Wait" in Portuguese.
So the only thing that I can tell you is that you need to wait the number of seconds the site is telling you and then press the "Baixar Agora" buton.

PS. "Baixar Agora" = "Download Now"
12/09/2007 09:39:05 PM · #25
Originally posted by Simms:

fantastic, how does this work if you have 2 challenges on the go?

For now it works only for one challenge at a time, and it will see only the first challenge that is displayed on the left bar on the DPC home page.
I'll be looking for how to support more challenges on future versions...

Thanks.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 07/22/2019 10:35:35 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 07/22/2019 10:35:35 PM EDT.