DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> Mentor - Apprentice - One on one guidance.
Pages:   ...
Showing posts 276 - 300 of 316, (reverse)
AuthorThread
10/21/2007 06:00:22 PM · #276
I'm really stoked about the October Freestudy, not for my shot, but for one of my apprentices, we've been working on it for the last couple of days and I am sooooo convinced it is going to do well.. cant wait until the challenge starts! If he doesnt hit a personal best then I dont know what will..

Come on 21.gif Richard42!!!!

EDIT - Oh god, what if his score is better than mine for the FS?

Message edited by author 2007-10-21 18:02:41.
10/21/2007 06:10:41 PM · #277
Originally posted by Simms:

I'm really stoked about the October Freestudy, not for my shot, but for one of my apprentices, we've been working on it for the last couple of days and I am sooooo convinced it is going to do well.. cant wait until the challenge starts! If he doesnt hit a personal best then I dont know what will..



anyway its not winning as long as i am in. he he he.
10/21/2007 07:55:29 PM · #278
I'm just going to rattle a little and hope I hit a nerve, and possibly we could open another thread to start sorting some criteria and labor.

I'd be willing to monitor and bump a thread, and do some sortage of lists, 'cause I'm thinking that those of us that are close may be the biggest pain in the......neck.

When the time comes that the ones of us that are in reach of a clue are up for mentorship, I'd love to have help.

For example....I have a D70s, but I have *NO* idea how to do anything in camera. I don't know how to set anything much as it pertains to getting the shot the way I want 'cause an awful lot of the basics were never taught to me.

And a friend geared me up with CS2, and then left town and I really have nobody that I can go bother and have teach me.

So pretty much anything I do correctly is an accident. Maybe a controlled crash, but generally a crash nonetheless.

So I could start and maintain a list in the new thread, with the blessings of the Fearless Leader/general mentorship population, and/or see about trying to frame up an outline/structure for more in-depth mentoring down the road.

Provided this rambling missive hasn't already scared anyone off.....8>)

Subjectively, I feel I need help, but I've bumbled my way along enough that I have some familiarity with the DPC process, I can take some decent shots, and I can PP enough to have a generally satisfying experiences here......but I also pretty much feel like I'm at the end of the line for bumbling along.

Lemme know.

ETA: I'd kill *AND* dispose of the body for anyone that can get me to a 6+ in a $%#@&%$#$@ Free Study. I got 6.1198 in the speed Free Study in August, but that was a fluke and not a "real" Free Study.

Message edited by author 2007-10-21 20:00:30.
10/21/2007 08:08:45 PM · #279
Originally posted by NikonJeb:


ETA: I'd kill *AND* dispose of the body for anyone that can get me to a 6+ in a $%#@&%$#$@ Free Study. I got 6.1198 in the speed Free Study in August, but that was a fluke and not a "real" Free Study.


This part I could help you.
10/21/2007 08:30:06 PM · #280
I'm willing to jump in on the mentor side, last time I did this it worked out pretty well. Though my latest 3.8 score might not bode well for anyone that took my advice...
10/23/2007 12:17:25 AM · #281
After a bit of working things out Im happy to say that Im

mentoring 21.gif Quigley

and working side by side with 21.gif Spurs

Our goal is to get the three ribbons in the Oct free study :P
10/23/2007 12:35:05 AM · #282
Thank you 31.gif Shadowi6 I can't wait to get started, I look forward to the help and the advice you can provide. (doing happy dance as dog goes nuts)
10/30/2007 08:53:38 PM · #283
Okay, been watching this thread from the corner of my eye and thinking I just don't have the time..... but.... I feel strongly about contributing to this community, so...

I would be willing to take 1 person for 1 month. Another person next month if it works out well. I'm not promising to teach anyone everything, but will happily answer as many questions as I can and help guide people who really want to learn.

PM me and tell me about your skills/experience and what you want to learn if you're intersted. I will choose ONE this month (November), sorry I don't think I can handle more. :)


10/30/2007 08:58:21 PM · #284
Originally posted by idnic:

Okay, been watching this thread from the corner of my eye and thinking I just don't have the time..... but.... I feel strongly about contributing to this community, so...

I would be willing to take 1 person for 1 month. Another person next month if it works out well. I'm not promising to teach anyone everything, but will happily answer as many questions as I can and help guide people who really want to learn.

PM me and tell me about your skills/experience and what you want to learn if you're intersted. I will choose ONE this month (November), sorry I don't think I can handle more. :)


thanks for offering your time Cindi..

On another note, have we any mentors/mentee success stories yet?

Message edited by author 2007-10-30 20:59:45.
10/30/2007 09:12:33 PM · #285
Well my first week of being mentored by 21.gif Larus i have already surpassed him, lol, no thats impossible. But I have really enjoyed learning from him, he is absolutely loaded with photography wisdom, and i am looking forward to continuing learning from him.
10/31/2007 12:17:00 AM · #286
603910.jpg

Just wanted to point out that the 1st image entered with mentoring supervision by my mentee, just scored a 6.5+.

Way to go Dain!
10/31/2007 08:50:48 AM · #287
Originally posted by rjkstesch:

603910.jpg

Just wanted to point out that the 1st image entered with mentoring supervision by my mentee, just scored a 6.5+.

Way to go Dain!


It wouldn't of happened without your help Becky.

I am really looking forward to the free study tomorrow.
Becky gave me some great advise on that. Stuff I wouldn't have ever thought of!

Mark
On another note, have we any mentors/mentee success stories yet?

I am well happy with this so far, so a big YES from me!
11/08/2007 08:54:46 PM · #288
Originally posted by Gordon:

I'm willing to jump in on the mentor side, last time I did this it worked out pretty well. Though my latest 3.8 score might not bode well for anyone that took my advice...


... guess not then :)
11/08/2007 09:11:28 PM · #289
I wouldn't mind joining this... on the apprentice side of course
11/08/2007 09:35:04 PM · #290
I have lost track after a mail snafu, and have no idea what has happened to my mentees. I wish they'd contact me...

R.
11/08/2007 09:36:34 PM · #291
i just pvt DrAchoo and Simms one of the 2 please get back to me
11/09/2007 08:25:28 AM · #292
Originally posted by cudjoem:

I wouldn't mind joining this... on the apprentice side of course


Likewise
11/09/2007 09:10:55 AM · #293
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

I have lost track after a mail snafu, and have no idea what has happened to my mentees. I wish they'd contact me...

R.


Robert - have tried PMing yu, but I don't think my messages are getting through - is your Junk filter blocking them, perhaps?

Regards, Sara
11/10/2007 02:39:03 PM · #294
Just like to say a big thank you to 21.gif Simms who helped me with this photo 602536.jpg which got 6.8+ !!!

This is all thanks to this thread and mark who has been giving me constant help and support.
11/10/2007 05:03:37 PM · #295
Originally posted by richard42:

Just like to say a big thank you to 21.gif Simms who helped me with this photo 602536.jpg which got 6.8+ !!!

This is all thanks to this thread and mark who has been giving me constant help and support.


Its also the 8th highest scoring image for that camera and the 5th highest scoring for that lens!

thanks Rich, but you deserve the credit.

but you do owe me a beer or two.
11/10/2007 05:20:45 PM · #296
Still waiting on the inimitable 31.gif DrJOnes. Help a brother out, Dr. J!
11/11/2007 10:39:47 AM · #297
I volunteer to be a Mentor, even though I don't meet Simms's criteria as a good photographer. Please, do NOT pick me as a mentor without looking at my photos and comments. I am NOT a high scorer.
11/11/2007 11:30:36 AM · #298
Originally posted by posthumous:

I volunteer to be a Mentor, even though I don't meet Simms's criteria as a good photographer. Please, do NOT pick me as a mentor without looking at my photos and comments. I am NOT a high scorer.


I am looking for a new mentor as 21_F.gif Melethia has not had stable internet connections and our communication has been stifled. I have frequently looked through your portfolio, Don, and would be honored if you would be my mentor.
11/11/2007 11:32:54 AM · #299
Just as a headcount.... how many mentors still have room for some apprentices?

I'd like to join the brigade ... the mentees i.e.

Note to self : Read the WHOLE thread before posting.

So I looked at the First page... but I have the same question as below.

Are the mentors listed up there open for more apprentices?

Edit: gawd! I'm a little slow today.

Message edited by author 2007-11-11 11:43:18.
11/11/2007 11:37:32 AM · #300
I would love to be an apprentice here. I'm not sure if I just put my name in here or should I PM a mentor directly? Are the mentors listed in the first post still taking more people?
Pages:   ...
Current Server Time: 06/20/2019 07:41:04 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 06/20/2019 07:41:04 PM EDT.