DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> Real or photoshop?
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 26, (reverse)
AuthorThread
09/25/2007 06:34:06 PM · #1
Can any of you clever people tell if the little girl on the woman's back on this image has been photoshopped on to this image..she is perhaps the missing Madeleine Mccann.

' . substr('//img337.imageshack.us/img337/966/madlarger4iz4.jpg', strrpos('//img337.imageshack.us/img337/966/madlarger4iz4.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Original image

' . substr('//i191.photobucket.com/albums/z10/rangeeni/nina_rubia_1.jpg', strrpos('//i191.photobucket.com/albums/z10/rangeeni/nina_rubia_1.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Message edited by author 2007-09-25 18:34:49.
09/25/2007 06:52:29 PM · #2
do I smell:)
09/25/2007 06:59:01 PM · #3
The girl looks real, but I'm pretty sure that hat has to be a fake...
09/25/2007 07:00:34 PM · #4
looks real to me.
09/25/2007 07:04:25 PM · #5
Thanks for the replies.

Those who beleive the parents killed her are saying this is obvioulsy a fake.

I thought I'd ask some real photographers;)
09/25/2007 07:12:51 PM · #6
it also looks like a completely anonymous little blonde girl. sounds kind of weird that people are so hooked on this that they think it's her. it could easily be the 2 year old who lives across the street from me too.
09/25/2007 07:20:23 PM · #7
if it's a fake, it's a damn good one. The blending, blur, lighting, and posture of the woman (as though carrying weight on her back) all seem damn good. I also agree that I know at least half a dozen kids that this could easily be. I mean no disrespect by this, I hope the little girl is found, I just think the photo is too blurry to be used for a positive identification.
09/25/2007 07:26:37 PM · #8
CEOP have face recognition technology that can say yes or no.

Being involved in the campaign to look for her, I know her face as well as I know my son's and i would say 80% this is her.

09/25/2007 07:30:01 PM · #9
Send it to those CSI guys, the got a hi-res image off the reflection on a lamp base taken from a security camera, enough to read the badge ID on the person. ;-)

Seriously, I doubt any positive ID could come from this even if it is real.
09/25/2007 08:24:54 PM · #10
I'll just use genuine fractals to get a 7000% enlargement on it, a little curves adjustment, some levels, and a touch of USM, and I could tell you what color her eyes are :P
09/25/2007 09:28:57 PM · #11
Her part's on the wrong side.
09/25/2007 09:42:56 PM · #12
Originally posted by BeeCee:

Her part's on the wrong side.

Well, I imagine they wouldn't do her hair the same way.

The photo looks real to me. The noise texture and JPEG artifacts are consistent throughout the child and surrounding area.

Also, you have to take into account - this doesn't look like the US. How many white-looking little 2 year olds are wandering around strapped to peoples' backs?
09/25/2007 09:46:37 PM · #13
Originally posted by smurfguy:

Originally posted by BeeCee:

Her part's on the wrong side.

Well, I imagine they wouldn't do her hair the same way.

The photo looks real to me. The noise texture and JPEG artifacts are consistent throughout the child and surrounding area.

Also, you have to take into account - this doesn't look like the US. How many white-looking little 2 year olds are wandering around strapped to peoples' backs?


Have you ever tried to fight the natural fall of a kid's hair??
The picture looks real, but I think the odds are against it being Madeline.

eta; Btw, it was taken in Morocco.

Message edited by author 2007-09-25 21:49:24.
09/25/2007 11:31:33 PM · #14
you can see her in the original shot. Dunno the story behind the shot but it looks pretty real to me.
09/25/2007 11:58:56 PM · #15
taking a quickl glance id say she looks like she was in the photo, but look at the person who is carrying her. compair the adults shadow who is carying her, and the lady to the right of her, the full shadow is in view, small and skinny and there is no child in the shadow of the woman carrying her, that is also small and skinny, also it appears to be high noon with a shadow casting from above to the left on all the people but her, the shadow on the childs face casts to the right. if i guessed it, im sorry but i go against everyone, i say its a photo edit.
09/26/2007 12:04:38 AM · #16
//img295.imageshack.us/img295/3235/maddiefinalrc9.jpg i dont think thats her, the face is way to long and the nose is to short. idk its questionable i think its a edit

Message edited by author 2007-09-26 00:04:45.
09/26/2007 12:13:56 AM · #17
What are we thinking? these people bought her at the market and are walking home after double coupons?
09/26/2007 05:16:32 AM · #18
Found this on cnn
Maybe?
09/26/2007 05:34:56 AM · #19
Originally posted by DrAchoo:

What are we thinking? these people bought her at the market and are walking home after double coupons?


Don't look like they are carrying fruit and veg home, looks more like cases of people on the move. for what ever reason. It's nice for the parents to have a little hope, maybe, could be..

Must be a living hell for her folks to be going through this. My thoughts and prayers are always with them.
09/26/2007 10:50:50 AM · #20
Latest update;

Photo Girl 'Not Missing Madeleine'
09/26/2007 02:08:02 PM · #21
...and on BBC News
//news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7014886.stm

09/26/2007 02:45:22 PM · #22
Originally posted by amber:

CEOP have face recognition technology that can say yes or no.

Being involved in the campaign to look for her, I know her face as well as I know my son's and i would say 80% this is her.


Thank God for that 20% leeway, eh?
09/26/2007 02:53:05 PM · #23
What I think is quite strange here is that the photo was taken the 30 or 31th august and supposely only seen the 24th september on a computer.The woman who is now visiting spanish tv channels is a journalist but she was not able to say how many pixels was the photo . Another thing is that she already has a lawyer , here in Spain it's not common to have a lawyer and finally the photo itself , why on earth would someone take this photo ? This is not a nice landscape nor something interesting.
09/26/2007 03:05:55 PM · #24
Originally posted by Mambe:

What I think is quite strange here is that the photo was taken the 30 or 31th august and supposely only seen the 24th september on a computer.The woman who is now visiting spanish tv channels is a journalist but she was not able to say how many pixels was the photo . Another thing is that she already has a lawyer , here in Spain it's not common to have a lawyer and finally the photo itself , why on earth would someone take this photo ? This is not a nice landscape nor something interesting.


My thoughts exactly! The thing that decided it for me was the hair style, Maddie's fringe falls straight, due to her straight hair. The girl in the photo has a natural curl instead of a fringe. It is nigh on impossible to get rid of a curl like that.

I agree with the comment about why this photo was taken in the first place. Would you take a shot of peasant walking along the road from your car? I think it is a carefully staged shot. Someone is seeking fame and glory!
09/26/2007 04:23:49 PM · #25
Here she is;

' . substr('//static.sky.com/images/pictures/1591376.jpg', strrpos('//static.sky.com/images/pictures/1591376.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 10/30/2020 04:54:01 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 10/30/2020 04:54:01 AM EDT.