DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Can''t submit
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 11 of 11, (reverse)
AuthorThread
06/02/2002 10:15:24 PM · #1
I'm trying to submit my first photo. I fill out the form, click on the submit button, and it takes me back to the "My Home" page. No messages, no acknowledgement, nothing. Based on what I've read, I think I should be able to see an "unsubmit" button if the submit works. I don't see the unsubmit. I went through the submission screen again... (and again and again and again) and always get the same thing. While I've been doing this, the count of submitted photos for this challenge has gone up, so I know others are submitting. I've also tried Netscape and IE, same result.
Any ideas?
06/02/2002 10:26:46 PM · #2
IE5+ would be your best bet, but since it's taking you to the home page and NOT a confirmation page, something seems fishy. I'll take a look at it to see if I can figure it out.
06/02/2002 10:30:57 PM · #3
If you are running a firewall, turn it off... i had the same problem... stopping the firewall during the submit resolved it for me...

Originally posted by iggy386:
I'm trying to submit my first photo. I fill out the form, click on the submit button, and it takes me back to the "My Home" page. No messages, no acknowledgement, nothing. Based on what I've read, I think I should be able to see an "unsubmit" button if the submit works. I don't see the unsubmit. I went through the submission screen again... (and again and again and again) and always get the same thing. While I've been doing this, the count of submitted photos for this challenge has gone up, so I know others are submitting. I've also tried Netscape and IE, same result.
Any ideas?



06/02/2002 10:40:03 PM · #4
Originally posted by jmsetzler:
If you are running a firewall, turn it off... i had the same problem... stopping the firewall during the submit resolved it for me...

Originally posted by iggy386:
[i]I'm trying to submit my first photo. I fill out the form, click on the submit button, and it takes me back to the "My Home" page. No messages, no acknowledgement, nothing. Based on what I've read, I think I should be able to see an "unsubmit" button if the submit works. I don't see the unsubmit. I went through the submission screen again... (and again and again and again) and always get the same thing. While I've been doing this, the count of submitted photos for this challenge has gone up, so I know others are submitting. I've also tried Netscape and IE, same result.
Any ideas?



[/i]That worked... I am running Norton's Personal Firewall. I disabled it and the submit worked. Thanks!

06/02/2002 10:40:35 PM · #5
Originally posted by langdon:
IE5+ would be your best bet, but since it's taking you to the home page and NOT a confirmation page, something seems fishy. I'll take a look at it to see if I can figure it out.

It was my firewall... I turned it off and the submit worked.

Thanks!
Mark
06/02/2002 10:59:23 PM · #6
I run the same firewall and havne't figgered it out yet but i'm working on it...


Originally posted by iggy386:
Originally posted by langdon:
[i]IE5+ would be your best bet, but since it's taking you to the home page and NOT a confirmation page, something seems fishy. I'll take a look at it to see if I can figure it out.


It was my firewall... I turned it off and the submit worked.

Thanks!
Mark
[/i]


06/02/2002 11:01:26 PM · #7
When you do, be sure to let us know ... and I'll add it to the FAQ :)

Drew
06/02/2002 11:07:10 PM · #8
I also could not submit a photo through my firewall (Zone Alarm on a linksys router).

It seems this is a problem with the site rather than a procedural consideration for submitters.

I sent a contact message regarding this because once the firewall crashed it also seemed to have locked some log in setting on the site that would claimed I was not logged in when I came to the forums to post a message regarding the problem.

DMW
06/02/2002 11:08:41 PM · #9
i as well am unable to submit. it gives me the following error:

You have been suspended from certain site functions until 6/3/2002 for the following reasons:

1 more day, thanks for the tip.
06/04/2002 10:55:36 PM · #10
Originally posted by jmsetzler:
I run the same firewall and havne't figgered it out yet but i'm working on it...


Originally posted by iggy386:
[i]Originally posted by langdon:
[i]IE5+ would be your best bet, but since it's taking you to the home page and NOT a confirmation page, something seems fishy. I'll take a look at it to see if I can figure it out.


It was my firewall... I turned it off and the submit worked.

Thanks!
Mark
[/i]


[/i]


FWIW... I also found out that I can't go into Preferences and update my profile with the firewall on.

Mark
06/04/2002 11:02:21 PM · #11
I don't have any problems updating my profile information....

Pages:  
Current Server Time: 03/25/2019 01:47:16 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 03/25/2019 01:47:16 PM EDT.