DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> Reality Show for Photographers - "The Shot"
Pages:   ...
Showing posts 476 - 491 of 491, (reverse)
AuthorThread
12/26/2007 08:11:46 PM · #476
They never asked us anything like that.
The most important thing I learned is that I can shoot at any stage, regardless of the subject, and still produce great images.
Originally posted by TCGuru:

Originally posted by FocusPoint:

"Shooting with 31.gif DeeRiot in Seattle" gathering ;)

I don't know if I would be able to go that far, but there could be lots of DPCers joining to this event... if Dean makes it an event :)

Maybe in spring sometime ;)


HA!! I would come to that one!! I would love to meet Dean!!
Did they ever ask you guys to "spice it up"?? Get in arguments or fights or pretend to be interested in each other? I think that would have helped the ratings ;) hehe

At any rate, What is the single MOST important thing you learned from all this??
12/26/2007 08:29:47 PM · #477
Originally posted by DeeRiot:

They never asked us anything like that.
The most important thing I learned is that I can shoot at any stage, regardless of the subject, and still produce great images.


Well at least we know that you don't lack any confidence :)
12/26/2007 08:35:48 PM · #478
31.gif DeeRiot, would you invite others to DPC?

Just a suggestion, it would be great to talk to Ivan for example ;) or Maria, or Jason... and see their work in some of the challenges ;)

---------------------------------------

*** "Straight from the Camera" link. We do have some "good" photographers around here too :P

Message edited by author 2007-12-26 20:50:27.
12/26/2007 08:43:42 PM · #479
Oooh! Thanks so much for the insight, Dean! We were really curious watching the show - I know a lot of other reality shows set things up, but it seemed far less... elegant than most.

Also, I'm curious about how frustrating it must have been to watch the series when it aired and you saw situations and shots misrepresented?

Message edited by author 2007-12-26 20:45:47.
12/26/2007 09:47:13 PM · #480
My aunt lives in seattle...but I'm at the other side of the country >.< And i'm kinda young...so mom would have to be there too...
12/26/2007 10:17:23 PM · #481
I will be dead honest, as usual...it is luxury for me right now to spend time here, as I am beoyond busy. I am sure it is the same for the others. I know Jason and Maria are active at Model Mayhem. I set this afternoon for replys to bizillion emails, notes etc. I am afraid time restrains wil limit my participation not only here, but elsewhere online to a minimum. You can probably understand that this is "crunch time" for me to launch my career. Thanks for understanding,
d

Originally posted by FocusPoint:

31.gif DeeRiot, would you invite others to DPC?

Just a suggestion, it would be great to talk to Ivan for example ;) or Maria, or Jason... and see their work in some of the challenges ;)

---------------------------------------

*** "Straight from the Camera" link. We do have some "good" photographers around here too :P
12/26/2007 10:18:01 PM · #482
It was not all that easy, yet the photos told the story at the end..the ones you saw, lol,
d
Originally posted by EducatedSavage:

Oooh! Thanks so much for the insight, Dean! We were really curious watching the show - I know a lot of other reality shows set things up, but it seemed far less... elegant than most.

Also, I'm curious about how frustrating it must have been to watch the series when it aired and you saw situations and shots misrepresented?
12/26/2007 10:24:07 PM · #483
Lol, well there is one more very important thing I think I learned while there. One of my teacher once said that Annie Leibowitz was known for throwing lenses at assistans.
Well, what I came to realize is that if she really is an ass (which I have no idea if it's true) that I don't have to be. It was great to see me "from the outside" and one thing I already applied is the way I handle crew, assistants etc; I used to make the mistake thinking they see exactly what I see when I'm shooting, which is naturally impossible...so I would lose it if they don't react right away. No need for that. I still come into every shoot very excited, and extremely confident, nearly arrogant; but that's what everyone expect if you are running the show. It speaks volumes when you look like you know what are you doing,which was obvious on the Shot. I do think being on the show has made me a better person, and I am grateful for that.

Originally posted by Blue Moon:

Originally posted by DeeRiot:

They never asked us anything like that.
The most important thing I learned is that I can shoot at any stage, regardless of the subject, and still produce great images.


Well at least we know that you don't lack any confidence :)
12/26/2007 10:46:30 PM · #484
Dean...thanks for sharing your insight with us. I found The Shot to be interesting, and your write up here on DPC fun to read. I wish you the best of luck in the future and for your career. You have the talent and the courage to be HUGE. By the way, I live in Washington...some day would love to visit you during a shoot. Good luck...even though I don't think you need it.
12/26/2007 10:59:47 PM · #485
Thanks a bunch for the note, best way to stay in touch, is to drop me an email, and check in ocassionally for fun shoots; unfortunatelly most of those are in LA for now,
Cheers
d
Originally posted by njsabs2323:

Dean...thanks for sharing your insight with us. I found The Shot to be interesting, and your write up here on DPC fun to read. I wish you the best of luck in the future and for your career. You have the talent and the courage to be HUGE. By the way, I live in Washington...some day would love to visit you during a shoot. Good luck...even though I don't think you need it.
12/28/2007 03:30:18 PM · #486
Updated Episode 8 with 12 clips.

Just the clips on my website without going VH1 site :)
12/29/2007 10:29:53 PM · #487
Awwwww, but we just had a Seattle GTG not too long ago. :( Sounds like it could be time for another, real soon. :)

Great job Dean on the show and your write-up. Thanks for the inside scoop. :)

Originally posted by FocusPoint:

"Shooting with 31.gif DeeRiot in Seattle" gathering ;)

I don't know if I would be able to go that far, but there could be lots of DPCers joining to this event... if Dean makes it an event :)

Maybe in spring sometime ;)
12/31/2007 06:31:17 PM · #488
i was wondering what john was doing after the show and i found his website. www.johnboone.com
he doesnt look like a wedding photographer to me....
12/31/2007 06:43:32 PM · #489
Originally posted by jfwolpert:

i was wondering what john was doing after the show and i found his website. www.johnboone.com
he doesnt look like a wedding photographer to me....


He is good :)

I don't know either.... maybe he started afterwards :)

www.johnboone.com
12/31/2007 07:35:22 PM · #490
Originally posted by FocusPoint:

Originally posted by jfwolpert:

i was wondering what john was doing after the show and i found his website. //www.johnboone.com
he doesnt look like a wedding photographer to me....


He is good :)

I don't know either.... maybe he started afterwards :)

www.johnboone.com


Okay, people need to stop using bludomain, we're all starting to look like the website robot horde.

Message edited by author 2007-12-31 19:35:32.
08/29/2008 07:17:03 PM · #491
has anyone heard if they will do a shot 2?
Pages:   ...
Current Server Time: 04/25/2019 07:54:33 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 04/25/2019 07:54:33 AM EDT.