DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Bugged by your score?
Pages:  
Showing posts 101 - 125 of 246, (reverse)
AuthorThread
04/16/2007 05:45:39 PM · #101
Have to say that I have just spent a mind blowing few hours scoring this challenge...I thought my shot was good till I saw some of the entries...Marking reflects that and I have given probably more 8's and 9's for this single challenge than I have for the previous six I have scored in total. Guess the only 'problem' is that because the quality is so high then some shots which in 'normal' circumstances you may have given a 6 or 7 to seem 'poor' in comparison and perhaps you edn up scoring them slightly harshly (well that's my excuse for my current 5.6 tally). Good news is I've got nice/useful comments from three of my favourite photographers on the site

Just wanted to congratulate all the people who entered this challenge...SO much talent

Jon
04/16/2007 05:46:04 PM · #102
Originally posted by ladyhawk22:

Originally posted by Monique64:

Are you serious.
Someone just commented that my minimal insect entry looks overprocessed, maybe too much dodge and burn. This is minimal - NO PROCESSING. Their identity was hidden so I dont even have the chance to comment.


Just happened to me too. I'm thinking perhaps that someone is trying to be humorous, as this comment seems to coincide with a good score given. So I don't know how much I'm gonna let it worry me till everything is said and done.


Yeah I notice no drastic dip in my score either. Guess its just dpc humour. Need to get used to it.
04/16/2007 05:59:04 PM · #103
I just got the same TYPE of comment (along with a 10, I've been hitting that update button every 2 minutes all day) I can't even begin to explain how tickled it makes me to be included in the likes that are gettign this!

Originally posted by Monique64:

Originally posted by ladyhawk22:

Originally posted by Monique64:

Are you serious.
Someone just commented that my minimal insect entry looks overprocessed, maybe too much dodge and burn. This is minimal - NO PROCESSING. Their identity was hidden so I dont even have the chance to comment.


Just happened to me too. I'm thinking perhaps that someone is trying to be humorous, as this comment seems to coincide with a good score given. So I don't know how much I'm gonna let it worry me till everything is said and done.


Yeah I notice no drastic dip in my score either. Guess its just dpc humour. Need to get used to it.
04/16/2007 06:05:43 PM · #104
Wow, I wish they would come through and give me a ten. My poor bug is bouncing around.
04/16/2007 06:13:10 PM · #105
Votes: 74
Views: 114
Avg Vote: 5.5811
Comments: 5
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 04/16/07 06:12 pm


Pretty pleased with my score my best in a while ;)
04/16/2007 06:36:08 PM · #106
My score went up to 6.81!! Woo hooo! I am reeeeally surprised and happy about that.

But I got that comment too by baghead that said, "Overprocessed!" Even if I HAD processed mine, it sure isn't over processed. What a dummy!

04/16/2007 06:39:14 PM · #107
I just finished voting (did not enter this challenge) and I gave really high votes. I am amazed at what you guys were able to produce straighht out of the camera.
04/16/2007 06:41:55 PM · #108
Originally posted by SandyP:

My score went up to 6.81!! Woo hooo! I am reeeeally surprised and happy about that.

But I got that comment too by baghead that said, "Overprocessed!" Even if I HAD processed mine, it sure isn't over processed. What a dummy!


I got the same comment on mine, i think it must be someone playing games.

I'm on just over 6.8 now with my first favourite in a while so i'm really pleased.
04/16/2007 06:51:38 PM · #109
Well, it seems like a logjam in the 6.8 area, which means we are out of contention because there are then bound to be a number of higher scores not talking...
04/16/2007 06:54:51 PM · #110
Originally posted by DrAchoo:

Well, it seems like a logjam in the 6.8 area, which means we are out of contention because there are then bound to be a number of higher scores not talking...


Not me - not in contention

Votes: 78
Views: 122
Avg Vote: 5.7308
Comments: 5
04/16/2007 07:22:45 PM · #111
I too got the overprocessed comment - I think the bag is very fitting over the commenters head!.
04/16/2007 07:34:55 PM · #112
what strikes me the most about this challenge, is how great so many of the entries are, and this is using only MINIMAL editing!! I think it's awesome, considering it'd not the most exciting subject (insects). There are so many nice butterfly & garden shots. . Here in VT, where it's STILL snowing, the insects have all left! I wish we could do a few more minmalist events. Really shows the good stuff.

edited b/c can't type or spell! 8-)

Message edited by author 2007-04-16 19:35:33.
04/16/2007 07:52:31 PM · #113
OK guys, if you give me a comment saying you love it and list lots of other ways you love it...give me more than a 5!
04/16/2007 08:03:50 PM · #114
Originally posted by DrAchoo:

OK guys, if you give me a comment saying you love it and list lots of other ways you love it...give me more than a 5!


I've been watching this thread all day and rubbing my hands together thinking I had it in the bag, and then my score dropped a WHOLE POINT in under four hours!

So, even with your 5's you'll still win. :) I'm being ROBBED I tell you!
04/16/2007 08:04:02 PM · #115
Votes: 76
Views: 141
Avg Vote: 6.3158
Comments: 2

"WAY overprocessed! Too much dodge and burn. Mabye use curves next time."

At least mine isn't just "overprocessed", it's "WAY overprocessed"!
04/16/2007 08:06:21 PM · #116
Votes: 81
Views: 133
Avg Vote: 6.9136
Comments: 7
Favorites: 1

Am I busting out of the log jam?
04/16/2007 09:27:35 PM · #117
Votes: 78
Views: 172
Avg Vote: 4.1410
Comments: 1
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0

I would love to be getting some 5's about now. My poor critter is creeping back down.
04/16/2007 09:31:02 PM · #118
Originally posted by timfythetoo:

Votes: 81
Views: 133
Avg Vote: 6.9136
Comments: 7
Favorites: 1

Am I busting out of the log jam?


Votes: 84
Views: 142
Avg Vote: 6.9048
Comments: 9
Favorites: 0

Naw, we're all right there too...
04/16/2007 09:42:36 PM · #119
Whoohoo, I got a 10 to go wif my fave!

Wow, it brought me all the way up to 4.72 :D *sighhh*
04/16/2007 09:45:35 PM · #120
You have rated 176 of 177 images (99%) in this challenge.
You have commented on 4 images (2%) in this challenge.

Now I have to go back through and comment on as many as I can. There are definately a lot of great photos. Lowest score I gave was a 5. The majority was 6, 7, 8, 9 and at least 10 tens. Great job everybody. I am very envious.

Votes: 87
Views: 183
Avg Vote: 4.2414
Comments: 1
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Still creeping.

Message edited by author 2007-04-16 22:48:59.
04/17/2007 12:17:58 AM · #121
Votes: 92
Views: 148
Avg Vote: 6.3261
Comments: 9

finallllly
04/17/2007 12:20:33 AM · #122
Votes: 92
Views: 131
Avg Vote: 3.8478
Comments: 5
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0

yay, im advancing onto 4.0! but i will never get there... lol.
04/17/2007 12:26:49 AM · #123
100 vote check-in:

Votes: 100
Views: 184
Avg Vote: 6.4000
Comments: 6

:)
04/17/2007 12:37:59 AM · #124
Votes: 96
Views: 166
Avg Vote: 5.9688
Comments: 6

It can't decide whether or not it wants to be a 6. It gets there, and then it goes under again, repeat ad nauseum.
04/17/2007 12:39:14 AM · #125
5.72
I am looking forward to see what lens where involved here. The power of macro lens vs the average...
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 01/27/2021 04:06:18 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 01/27/2021 04:06:18 PM EST.