DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Hardware and Software >> How many "snaps" does your DSLR have?
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 43, (reverse)
AuthorThread
03/01/2007 12:13:36 PM · #1
At the risk of a major JINX on my Nikon D70, I'm going to post this:

My D70 will be 2 years old in April. It has taken over 16,000 shots with absolutly no problems !

If you are a brave soul, post your DSLR magic number here.......
.....I dare ya !
03/01/2007 12:17:16 PM · #2
Originally posted by kenskid:

At the risk of a major JINX on my Nikon D70, I'm going to post this:

My D70 will be 2 years old in April. It has taken over 16,000 shots with absolutly no problems !

If you are a brave soul, post your DSLR magic number here.......
.....I dare ya !


do you carve a notch in the grip everytime you take a shot?
03/01/2007 12:21:05 PM · #3
No but I heard one time Ken carved one in his sensor! ;^)

Sorry Ken I had too..

03/01/2007 12:27:16 PM · #4
Not a DSLR, but I just passed 10,000 on my Coolpix on Sunday.
03/01/2007 12:53:03 PM · #5
Yikes ! I did do that...I am the master of scratching my sensor...

...on that note....I have never once seen that sensor scratch show up on photos during "normal" use of the camera! My aperture has never needed to be set to the extreme level to show that scratch !.....but it is still there -- I test for it once in a while !

Originally posted by naldslc:

No but I heard one time Ken carved one in his sensor! ;^)

Sorry Ken I had too..

03/01/2007 12:53:25 PM · #6
i had well over 30,000 clicks on my 300d before i gave it to my brother.

Message edited by author 2007-03-01 12:53:57.
03/01/2007 12:56:15 PM · #7
Originally posted by kenskid:

Yikes ! I did do that...I am the master of scratching my sensor...


Yikes, how did you do that?
03/01/2007 01:03:36 PM · #8
My old Rebel died at around 85,000 clicks. Suffered from shutter failure.

The XT has around 1,500 shots on it.
03/01/2007 01:07:00 PM · #9
The Copperhill Method !

I was cleaning dust and if my memory serves...I swiped the sensor more that once with the same swiper. It picked up a speck of something and dragged it across. I cleaned several times before that and after and the method works if you follow the instructions !

Here it is:



Originally posted by zeuszen:

Originally posted by kenskid:

Yikes ! I did do that...I am the master of scratching my sensor...


Yikes, how did you do that?

03/01/2007 01:07:21 PM · #10
Foot...I'd say that Rebel served well !

Originally posted by fotomann_forever:

My old Rebel died at around 85,000 clicks. Suffered from shutter failure.

The XT has around 1,500 shots on it.

03/01/2007 01:10:01 PM · #11
Originally posted by kenskid:

The Copperhill Method !

I was cleaning dust and if my memory serves...I swiped the sensor more that once with the same swiper. It picked up a speck of something and dragged it across. I cleaned several times before that and after and the method works if you follow the instructions !

Here it is:



Originally posted by zeuszen:

Originally posted by kenskid:

Yikes ! I did do that...I am the master of scratching my sensor...


Yikes, how did you do that?


the thread for the whole story
03/01/2007 01:11:29 PM · #12
It's gonna have 2 years in may and about 24000 shots right now!
03/01/2007 01:13:31 PM · #13
8770
03/01/2007 01:15:36 PM · #14
my numbering got messed up somewhere so i don't know for sure but i would say i use on ave over 1,200 per month so i am maybe close to 10k on this camera.
03/01/2007 01:51:16 PM · #15
Mine had about 60,000 on it when I took it in to Canon to repair a cracked lcd just over a year ago. They also replaced all the shutter mechanisms (for free, didn't even ask them), and I've put at least that many shots back on it since then.
03/01/2007 02:39:52 PM · #16
Man...am I the only Nikon guy with lots of snaps??? All canon so far !

Originally posted by Telehubbie:

Mine had about 60,000 on it when I took it in to Canon to repair a cracked lcd just over a year ago. They also replaced all the shutter mechanisms (for free, didn't even ask them), and I've put at least that many shots back on it since then.

03/01/2007 03:14:06 PM · #17
Ive had my K10D since early december and im at IMGP4964.
03/01/2007 03:17:49 PM · #18
mine has 4385 as of noon today from mid Oct of 2006...

-dave
03/01/2007 03:21:50 PM · #19
Okay, don't know where to look to see how many shots I have taken as I have only had my 30D since January and am still learning how to use all the settings! Can anyone send me in the right direction?
03/01/2007 03:24:27 PM · #20
Camera is 18 months old, 42,000+ shutter clicks
03/01/2007 03:26:18 PM · #21
nearly 12,000 since june 2005
03/01/2007 03:36:03 PM · #22
D70 2.5 years - about 30,000 clicks
03/01/2007 03:43:00 PM · #23
Rebel XT - 2yrs getting close to 25,000
03/01/2007 03:46:27 PM · #24
Originally posted by Trinity_12_12:

Okay, don't know where to look to see how many shots I have taken as I have only had my 30D since January and am still learning how to use all the settings! Can anyone send me in the right direction?


you can tell on yours by the file numbers unless it was reset.
03/01/2007 03:48:34 PM · #25
Yeah baby....30 grand !

Originally posted by Nikolai1024:

D70 2.5 years - about 30,000 clicks

Pages:  
Current Server Time: 02/22/2024 10:28:28 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2024 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Current Server Time: 02/22/2024 10:28:28 PM EST.