DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> DPC Antiques Showoff
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 23 of 23, (reverse)
AuthorThread
01/22/2007 09:21:09 PM · #1
Showoff your Antiques Item. Post your picute and what values it has.Thank you.

Antiques Roadshow

Message edited by author 2007-01-22 21:24:54.
01/22/2007 09:25:17 PM · #2
Hold on while I find a picture of my wife......
01/22/2007 09:49:13 PM · #3
You have her appraised?
Originally posted by AJAger:

Hold on while I find a picture of my wife......


Message edited by author 2007-01-22 21:49:44.
01/22/2007 10:20:26 PM · #4
I hear that taking a chain and beating up an antique (called distressing) adds to the value... :-)

Originally posted by dv_rock:

You have her appraised?
Originally posted by AJAger:

Hold on while I find a picture of my wife......
01/22/2007 11:55:58 PM · #5
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/5885/thumb/457228.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/5885/thumb/457228.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

A collection of clocks

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/5885/thumb/457229.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/5885/thumb/457229.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

A chair made by my great-great grandfather around 1900. The seat is cow hide on the underside there is still some hair.
01/23/2007 12:00:43 AM · #6
Originally posted by fotomann_forever:



A chair made by my great-great grandfather around 1900. The seat is cow hide on the underside there is still some hair.


That is really cool, great shot. What a fantastic heirloom.
01/23/2007 12:06:02 AM · #7
Originally posted by Cam:

Originally posted by fotomann_forever:



A chair made by my great-great grandfather around 1900. The seat is cow hide on the underside there is still some hair.


That is really cool, great shot. What a fantastic heirloom.


thank you much :-)
01/23/2007 12:23:48 AM · #8
My grandfather gave me this camera a few weeks ago..

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/45706/thumb/457234.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/45706/thumb/457234.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Message edited by author 2007-01-23 00:23:53.
01/23/2007 12:24:57 AM · #9
Originally posted by AJAger:

Hold on while I find a picture of my wife......

you r bad!!!

Message edited by author 2007-01-23 00:34:56.
01/23/2007 08:43:01 AM · #10
' . substr('//lauriegaddis.smugmug.com/photos/121756532-Th-1.jpg', strrpos('//lauriegaddis.smugmug.com/photos/121756532-Th-1.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Argus C3 Rangefinder camera, value about $15 (one of the earliest versions).
01/23/2007 09:07:16 AM · #11
I got this Kodak from my uncle about 20 years ago.
I'm not sure of the value or even the age.
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/279/thumb/122605.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/279/thumb/122605.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
01/23/2007 10:17:29 AM · #12
Originally posted by jfriesen:

My grandfather gave me this camera a few weeks ago..

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/45706/thumb/457234.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/45706/thumb/457234.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


OH my! ... I guess that makes ME antique because I used to take photos with just such a camera.
01/23/2007 03:04:59 PM · #13
Still looks like you could still sit on it..Well made..

Originally posted by fotomann_forever:
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/5885/thumb/457229.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/5885/thumb/457229.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

A chair made by my great-great grandfather around 1900. The seat is cow hide on the underside there is still some hair. [/quote]

Message edited by author 2007-01-23 15:05:42.
01/23/2007 03:11:32 PM · #14
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/353/thumb/196820.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/353/thumb/196820.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Opium pot from the Qing dynasty , value market around 1000 $ but the cloth costs much more !
01/23/2007 11:27:44 PM · #15
No more?
01/23/2007 11:44:14 PM · #16
Originally posted by TommyMoe21:

I got this Kodak from my uncle about 20 years ago.
I'm not sure of the value or even the age.
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/279/thumb/122605.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/279/thumb/122605.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


I have one like this too. Anyone know the value?

Message edited by author 2007-01-23 23:44:22.
01/24/2007 12:18:29 AM · #17
I still have my Voigtlander Vito II that I had in the early 70's.
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/19708/thumb/457794.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/19708/thumb/457794.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Does my Bug count as an antique?? jk
01/24/2007 01:17:32 AM · #18
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/5885/thumb/457814.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/5885/thumb/457814.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

I will admit I don't know a lot about old movie cameras. But here's an old 8mm movie camera I have. It seems to work, but I haven't really messed with it much.

It was made in 1958 I believe and features 3 f/1.8 lenses :-)

Message edited by author 2007-01-24 01:21:34.
01/24/2007 01:21:44 AM · #19
Originally posted by ButterflySis:

Originally posted by TommyMoe21:

I got this Kodak from my uncle about 20 years ago.
I'm not sure of the value or even the age.
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/279/thumb/122605.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/279/thumb/122605.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


I have one like this too. Anyone know the value?


These Kodak folding cameras of this vintage basically have no value unless they are absolutely pristine, and preferably with the original packaging. Or at least that was true as of 10-15 years ago and I don't know why it would have changed. There are a TON of them out there.

R.
01/25/2007 06:54:14 PM · #20
That's what I thought, but thank you bear!
01/25/2007 07:48:41 PM · #21
id like to see some pictures from these old cameras just for kicks :D
01/25/2007 09:06:43 PM · #22
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/69050/thumb/458682.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/69050/thumb/458682.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

From what i can tell Its made by RadiOnette (made in Norway) and its a radio.. thats all i can tell lol
01/25/2007 10:21:06 PM · #23
Silk look very colorful.Like to see the silk in full.

Originally posted by Mambe:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/353/thumb/196820.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/353/thumb/196820.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Opium pot from the Qing dynasty , value market around 1000 $ but the cloth costs much more !
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 06/02/2020 03:13:06 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 06/02/2020 03:13:06 PM EDT.