DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Administrator Announcements >> Comment Counts
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 16 of 16, (reverse)
AuthorThread
01/12/2007 01:39:15 AM · #1
Just a quick note about why the comment counts on your profile might have shifted over the past week..

The comment_browse page is currently taking an unacceptable amount of time to process for users with a good number of comments. In effort to fix that I had to store the counts a bit differently that we had been previously.

The counts will now reflect comments given to images still in voting. The comment_browse page isn't fixed yet, but should be in the coming days.
01/12/2007 01:40:03 AM · #2
Ahhh so thats where my comments went
01/12/2007 01:43:44 AM · #3
I wish some of the comments on my current entry would disappear. lol
01/12/2007 01:45:00 AM · #4
Ahhh...thanks for that.
01/12/2007 01:49:44 AM · #5
That explains changes in my comments given count, but why am I seeing a totally different count for comments received? They always included comments received in ongoing challenges, and they still do, but the number changed a little while ago by a good amount.

Obviously, this is a minor point; I'm just curious.
01/12/2007 02:33:29 AM · #6
Originally posted by Bugzeye:

I wish some of the comments on my current entry would disappear. lol

I agree but only the b/w portrait ones please, I have some awesome comments in the best of 2006 challenge!!!
01/12/2007 02:35:32 AM · #7
Originally posted by levyj413:

That explains changes in my comments given count, but why am I seeing a totally different count for comments received? They always included comments received in ongoing challenges, and they still do, but the number changed a little while ago by a good amount.

Obviously, this is a minor point; I'm just curious.


My "missing" comments have returned now, are yours still missing?

01/12/2007 02:40:55 AM · #8
I figured there was some tweaking going on :-)
01/16/2007 07:29:29 AM · #9
Just noticed this on my profile:

Made: 2092
Helpful: 1752
Received: 2
Helpful: 1

01/16/2007 07:33:32 AM · #10
Mine show this.

# Made: 1112
# Helpful: 822
# Received: 0
# Helpful: 0

All of a sudden the received/helpful are zero.

Message edited by author 2007-01-16 07:33:40.
01/16/2007 07:34:17 AM · #11
In the other thread it says that D&L have been advised of this.
01/16/2007 07:39:51 AM · #12
See this thread for more discussion of this.
01/16/2007 07:40:56 AM · #13
Everyone's statistics should have returned to normal.
01/16/2007 07:41:32 AM · #14
Originally posted by langdon:

Everyone's statistics should have returned to normal.


Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....you rock!!
01/16/2007 08:17:58 AM · #15
Rats. I had it where my rec'd vs "helpful" were off by 18. Now they're off by 19 again. Can't find a missing comment anywhere! But good to see the numbers back just the same.
01/16/2007 08:19:27 AM · #16
Originally posted by Melethia:

Rats. I had it where my rec'd vs "helpful" were off by 18. Now they're off by 19 again. Can't find a missing comment anywhere! But good to see the numbers back just the same.


It's okay...mine are 90 different to each other. I musn't be very helpful as I haven't ticked my comments (replies) on my images as helpful...sheshesheshe!!
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 11/27/2020 01:58:27 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 11/27/2020 01:58:27 AM EST.