DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> Scores in current challenge
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 9 of 9, (reverse)
AuthorThread
01/02/2007 03:08:36 PM · #1
Hi all,

I'm new here, and saw all the threads with people discussing their current scores and reading their current comments (for challenges still underway). I can't find mine. They're "turned on" in my preferences, but when I go to my profile page, it says I haven't entered any challenges. It also says I haven't left any comments, but that I have left 19 helpful comments and 9 received comments.

I understood that I had to go to the home page, but I've not been able to get to //www.dpchallenge.com since the whole digg/fark thing started (if not before then). I can only go to https:// pages (like this one).

Any ideas? I know the challenge closes tomorrow and I'll know then, but I'm curious about what people have thought so far!

Thanks for your help,

Rob
01/02/2007 03:11:56 PM · #2
Current scores are only posted on the front page. So if you can get through to the front, then you'll see it under the thumbnail of your entry along the left side.
01/02/2007 03:15:09 PM · #3
Thanks, Karma, that explains it. I don't get anything but errors when I try to go to the homepage. Frustrating, especially as this is my first entry (though I just submitted for the next round in fences, too), and I'm sort of trying things out to see whether I want to join :-(

Thanks for your help!

Rob
01/02/2007 03:29:15 PM · #4
Originally posted by rheverly:

Thanks, Karma, that explains it. I don't get anything but errors when I try to go to the homepage. Frustrating, especially as this is my first entry (though I just submitted for the next round in fences, too), and I'm sort of trying things out to see whether I want to join :-(

Thanks for your help!

Rob


It's usually not this bad, but the traffic from Fark and Digg has really knocked the wind out of the site for the last few days.
01/02/2007 03:33:04 PM · #5
The statistics on your Profile page are not constantly updated, but rather only once or twice/week.

The current score on your Home page is updated once/hour for registered users; paid members get an "Update Button" which they can click whenever they want -- typically about every 4.3 seconds.

Message edited by author 2007-01-02 15:33:38.
01/02/2007 03:56:37 PM · #6
Originally posted by karmabreeze:

It's usually not this bad, but the traffic from Fark and Digg has really knocked the wind out of the site for the last few days.


Originally posted by GeneralE:

The statistics on your Profile page are not constantly updated, but rather only once or twice/week.

The current score on your Home page is updated once/hour for registered users; paid members get an "Update Button" which they can click whenever they want -- typically about every 4.3 seconds.


Yep, I get that karmabreeze and GeneralE, but this info is only available on the home page, and I can't get to mine, and haven't been able to for awhile now (I only stumbled on using https:// to get in by searching on google, otherwise I would not have been able to enter the fences challenge, let alone be here, rate photos in the current challenges, or do anything else). It's just not the ideal start to my active DPC involvement.

I'll hope that at some point the info is available, but it would have been nice to be able to follow the challenge as it went along.

Thanks again for responding.

Rob
01/02/2007 04:00:33 PM · #7
I have another question related to this, how do you see what scores have been posted to your picture. I see that some people see that they have so many of differnet scores I don't see this.
01/02/2007 04:04:23 PM · #8
Originally posted by groot3909:

I have another question related to this, how do you see what scores have been posted to your picture. I see that some people see that they have so many of differnet scores I don't see this.


Groot, you have to make sure it's "turned on" in your preferences. Go to the "my profile" button in the blue bar, click on "my preferences" and then click on "show scores". Then go to your home page (if you can; I can't right now) and it will show up there.

Hope this helps.

Rob
01/02/2007 04:19:41 PM · #9
Originally posted by groot3909:

I have another question related to this, how do you see what scores have been posted to your picture. I see that some people see that they have so many of differnet scores I don't see this.


You can't actually see the score breakdown until after the voting ends and it is displayed on your entry page. A number of (*ahem* rather obsessive) folks keep detailed spreadsheets or do constant math to try and figure out what their last vote received is during the voting period.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 06/02/2020 08:46:27 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 06/02/2020 08:46:27 PM EDT.