DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Individual Photograph Discussion >> My first Diptych
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 21 of 21, (reverse)
AuthorThread
11/16/2006 05:15:25 PM · #1
Dropplets (larger)
//i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/Zapatka/diptych_smaller.jpg

Please let me know what you think, or how I could improve.

Message edited by Manic - keep images under 500px/30kb or post links/thumbs.
11/16/2006 05:17:05 PM · #2
The border color for sure but otherwise its cool
11/16/2006 05:20:29 PM · #3
I like the shots a lot, as scarlet says the border color isn't doing it for me. maybe go with a dark blue like what's in the picture. Also I would make the space at the top and bottom equal to the space along the sides, but that's just my preference.
11/16/2006 05:20:35 PM · #4
Originally posted by xXxscarletxXx:

The border color for sure but otherwise its cool


i was having trouble finding a good color for this, so I just blended all of the main colors together, to see the product... personally, I liked it.

What color, other than black or white, do you think it should be?
11/16/2006 05:21:58 PM · #5
I think there's too much dead space between the droplets for the images to want to be a diptych. If their order were switched they might marriage together better.
11/16/2006 06:21:25 PM · #6
I like to see this with a simple black border, and also with the images above one another, rather than side by side.

I really like the photos of the droplets a lot, well done.....
11/16/2006 08:19:06 PM · #7
' . substr('//i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/Zapatka/diptych_tob_smaller.jpg', strrpos('//i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/Zapatka/diptych_tob_smaller.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
11/16/2006 08:21:13 PM · #8
Much better and more balanced..... well done.....
I hope you like it, as I think it is just great.

Originally posted by Zapatka:

' . substr('//i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/Zapatka/diptych_tob_smaller.jpg', strrpos('//i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/Zapatka/diptych_tob_smaller.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

11/16/2006 08:36:55 PM · #9
oh yeah, much much better, that black really makes it pop!
11/16/2006 09:07:42 PM · #10
I have removed my verson of the above image due to personal reasons.
(Edited the removal of the image.)

see below re my apology, for accidently not crediting the image.

Message edited by author 2006-11-18 15:05:28.
11/16/2006 09:28:09 PM · #11
very nice, but please credit next time :) i dont mean to be an ass, but i like proper credit...

how do you get the red outline?
11/17/2006 04:39:02 PM · #12
Sherpet- Sometimes you can't do something nice to help a guy. I thought it was nice of you to devote your time to help (and a picture is worth 1,000 words). Give up on the guy.
11/17/2006 04:42:34 PM · #13
i never said she did anything bad...

I appreciate all of the help she gave.
11/17/2006 07:54:47 PM · #14
Thank you for your support mate.

Originally posted by dfstevenson:

Sherpet- Sometimes you can't do something nice to help a guy. I thought it was nice of you to devote your time to help (and a picture is worth 1,000 words). Give up on the guy.

11/18/2006 05:11:56 AM · #15
Originally posted by Zapatka:

very nice, but please credit next time :) i dont mean to be an ass, but i like proper credit...

how do you get the red outline?


When I read this I knew someone would jump to the negative side. This is one of those things that's hard to say right. Clearly you appreciate sherpet's help. She did a great job on her interpretation, but in the comments didn't mention that the original photos weren't her's. I'm sure she just forgot to give credit.

I believe Zapatka has been misunderstood. Both people had good intentions and there should be no hard feelings.

Let there be peace! =)
11/18/2006 10:57:15 AM · #16
Agreed...a request to be credited for one's work is certainly not outrageous and I think the response to it was a little much. Nicely handled, Zapatka.
11/18/2006 02:55:54 PM · #17
I am sorry for not crediting the image, re this thtead. I just tried to do what he asked re improving the image, re suggestions to his first diptych.

My mistake was that I spent two hours on it, really thought I was helping, accidently forgot to credit the image, due to the fact we had serious fires all around us all day. We also then had a sudden personal emergency, that we had to go to, as we had to leave town and travel to Brisbane, for family reasons.

When I came back the next day I was just saddened to see I had made that mistake. I then withdrew the image due to feeling very bad, upset, and very disappointed.

Message edited by author 2006-11-18 15:04:07.
11/18/2006 03:12:09 PM · #18
This whole thread is about Zapatka. Anyone who is reading it knows who the photos belong to. Sherpet (Shez) is not trying to take any credit. She was simply trying to show him how to do something he obviously did not know how to do. Her lesson was great! Now when he duplicates her framing on his photos, is he going to give her credit every time?
11/18/2006 03:29:18 PM · #19
Originally posted by dfstevenson:

This whole thread is about Zapatka. Anyone who is reading it knows who the photos belong to. Sherpet (Shez) is not trying to take any credit...


Anyone who is reading this thread, yes, of course they would see the connection to Zapatka. However, a random person surfing Sherpet's portfolio would not know that the image was discussed in this particular forum thread.

I don't believe there is a person out there that truly believes Sherpet was deliberately trying to "take" credit, and her explanation of the omission is surely valid. Why not just add the credit in the photog notes with perhaps even a link back to this thread?

What is so wrong with a photographer requesting attribution for derivative works?
11/18/2006 03:31:29 PM · #20
Originally posted by sherpet:

I am sorry for not crediting the image, re this thtead. I just tried to do what he asked re improving the image, re suggestions to his first diptych.

My mistake was that I spent two hours on it, really thought I was helping, accidently forgot to credit the image, due to the fact we had serious fires all around us all day. We also then had a sudden personal emergency, that we had to go to, as we had to leave town and travel to Brisbane, for family reasons.

When I came back the next day I was just saddened to see I had made that mistake. I then withdrew the image due to feeling very bad, upset, and very disappointed.


ps; The image in question cannot be seen in my portfolio as it is hidden in my workfolder. I removed it due to my mistake/error, as I didn't realize what else to do.
11/18/2006 03:44:57 PM · #21
I'm not accusing Sherpet of stealing my work. Everyone, its really not a big deal... this whole situation turned into something that it really isn't...

all I asked for was credit... I'm not mad at anyone. I am thankful that Sherpet spent her time and went out of her way to help me. I was misunderstood, and my tone was taken the wrong way by many.

Sherpet, if you would like to add the image to your portfolio, I just ask that you would put my name in the description box.

Thank you,
Cory Zapatka

//www.coryzapatka.com
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 09/27/2021 10:38:53 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 09/27/2021 10:38:53 AM EDT.