DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> Do you OWN a camera or lens?
Pages:  
Showing posts 226 - 250 of 279, (reverse)
AuthorThread
08/23/2010 07:34:55 PM · #226
Originally posted by George:

Originally posted by Ja-9:

Originally posted by jbsmithana:

Originally posted by Ja-9:

I guess you could say I "own" this lens...Vivitar MF Macro 55mm 1:2:8 f/2.8 for Nikon


LOL! No fair when you are the only one who owns it, or at least has posted a photo with it!

But some nice shots anyway.


you mean the picture of the lens...you can add a picture of your lens through the SC...it took a couple of days and some searching on my part to find the right lens...I just had 3 lens added recently because they didn't have any pictures of them

I think ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' jbsmithana means that you're the only one that has entered shots that were taken with that lens. So of course you own it.

Though with scores like that, you're beating out AF Micro-Nikkor owners (granted, you're not beating ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' librodo's MF Micro-Nikkor entry).


I will own that as well...by Golly George!!!
08/23/2010 07:44:21 PM · #227
yeah, right. With William88, Scalvert, Roz, etc owning the same equipment? I have one picture on one list. I'm a long way from "owning" anything. :)
08/23/2010 07:44:39 PM · #228
Originally posted by Ja-9:


I will own that as well...by Golly George!!!


Make sure to get Langdon to add that old Vivitar MC mount lens to the list... ;)
08/23/2010 08:10:44 PM · #229
Originally posted by fotomann_forever:

Originally posted by Ja-9:


I will own that as well...by Golly George!!!


Make sure to get Langdon to add that old Vivitar MC mount lens to the list... ;)


so far I can't get it on my camera...so I will have to wait until I get a "mount"...snicker
08/23/2010 08:11:55 PM · #230
Originally posted by Ja-9:

Originally posted by George:

Originally posted by Ja-9:

Originally posted by jbsmithana:

Originally posted by Ja-9:

I guess you could say I "own" this lens...Vivitar MF Macro 55mm 1:2:8 f/2.8 for Nikon


LOL! No fair when you are the only one who owns it, or at least has posted a photo with it!

But some nice shots anyway.


you mean the picture of the lens...you can add a picture of your lens through the SC...it took a couple of days and some searching on my part to find the right lens...I just had 3 lens added recently because they didn't have any pictures of them

I think ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' jbsmithana means that you're the only one that has entered shots that were taken with that lens. So of course you own it.

Though with scores like that, you're beating out AF Micro-Nikkor owners (granted, you're not beating ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' librodo's MF Micro-Nikkor entry).


I will own that as well...by Golly George!!!

Hey, if I ever buy one, maybe we can swap them for a couple weeks.
08/23/2010 08:21:43 PM · #231
Originally posted by George:

Originally posted by Ja-9:

Originally posted by George:

Originally posted by Ja-9:

Originally posted by jbsmithana:

Originally posted by Ja-9:

I guess you could say I "own" this lens...Vivitar MF Macro 55mm 1:2:8 f/2.8 for Nikon


LOL! No fair when you are the only one who owns it, or at least has posted a photo with it!

But some nice shots anyway.


you mean the picture of the lens...you can add a picture of your lens through the SC...it took a couple of days and some searching on my part to find the right lens...I just had 3 lens added recently because they didn't have any pictures of them

I think ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' jbsmithana means that you're the only one that has entered shots that were taken with that lens. So of course you own it.

Though with scores like that, you're beating out AF Micro-Nikkor owners (granted, you're not beating ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' librodo's MF Micro-Nikkor entry).


I will own that as well...by Golly George!!!

Hey, if I ever buy one, maybe we can swap them for a couple weeks.


I'll tell you what I paid about $135 for mine and it gives me the sharpest pictures I've ever seen...it's totally manual...but then the kind of shots that I'm setting up are on tripod and manual isn't a factor at all...actually I think it's an advantage...
08/23/2010 08:59:04 PM · #232
You do some damage with that Vivitar ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Ja-9.
One of my current fav's is an old Vivitar Series 1, 70-210 f3.5 Macro Focusing Zoom, with Nikon mount, that I found on eBay for $ 14.99. It's very close in sharpness and chromatic control to the AF Nikkor 180 f2.8 at that focal length. It has just a little more flare if you point it directly at the sun or a bright light, but that's something that almost all zooms do. It weighs a lot though, which I feel adds stability for me.
It does pretty good macro as well, but not on par with the M F Nikkor 105 f2.8, though it has the advantage of getting the shot from not as close, which is good for bug and critter shots.
08/23/2010 09:01:06 PM · #233
YEAH!!! Me and my girl Sofia OWN this lens SUCKAS!!!! (prob cuz no one else would buy the piece of crap)

Sigma 28-300
08/23/2010 09:11:03 PM · #234
Ohh, I just realised I OWN this lens, very cool:

Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 VR

08/23/2010 09:14:32 PM · #235
Holy Crap! I just discovered I have the second highest score with this lens AND its a friggin kit lens which means more than 5 people have it! (1114 to be precise)

//www.dpchallenge.com/lens.php?LENS_ID=1187

Message edited by author 2010-08-23 21:15:15.
08/23/2010 09:16:59 PM · #236
I have that same vivitar series one lens. I just need to get the adapter for my Canon. Just laziness I suppose. I hope its just an awesome quality lens.
08/23/2010 09:51:27 PM · #237
Re: Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm

I've read a few reviews; all say that it's a great lens, and a couple of them say that the first version is the best, because it was made by the same company to whom Nikon had outsourced Series E production. I almost bought one for $20, but I'd bought another super cheap lens (50mm Series E) from the same seller a day before... within that break that lasted about 20 hours, he doubled the price of the Vivitar, probably because I snatched up the cheapo 50 so quickly.
08/23/2010 09:51:33 PM · #238
Re: eBay transactions

If you know what to look for, you can find a lot of lenses that you too can OWN, as well as make money from. I bought my 80-200mm f/4.5 lens for $26 shipped. I then bought another (older) one, with caps, in near-mint condition (aside from zoom creep) for $35, and sold it for $110.

Message edited by author 2010-08-23 21:54:42.
08/23/2010 11:41:02 PM · #239
Originally posted by George:

Re: Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm

I've read a few reviews; all say that it's a great lens, and a couple of them say that the first version is the best, because it was made by the same company to whom Nikon had outsourced Series E production. I almost bought one for $20, but I'd bought another super cheap lens (50mm Series E) from the same seller a day before... within that break that lasted about 20 hours, he doubled the price of the Vivitar, probably because I snatched up the cheapo 50 so quickly.


The one that I am using has the 67mm filter thread, and was in the second version. They show up on eBay for around $50 fairly regularly.
Here are a couple of photos taken with it at 12meg .jpg.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/65000-69999/69008/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_905157.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/65000-69999/69008/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_905157.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' Full frame and a cropped shot.
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/65000-69999/69008/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_905158.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/65000-69999/69008/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_905158.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' Full frame, hand held on a rocking boat in tough lighting conditions.

08/24/2010 12:14:20 PM · #240
All my cameras and lenses own me. My only hope is to find a lens that nobody else has.

I am the flip side of that old saying... My firends see my pictures and say, "Meh... You must need a better camera."
08/24/2010 12:19:22 PM · #241
Ha! 75-300mm
08/25/2010 07:52:23 AM · #242
I really own this camera
09/20/2010 10:14:15 AM · #243
I so OWN this lens. Phoenix 500mm

I even have the factory "matched" 2X teleconverter to go with it!
10/28/2010 03:41:24 AM · #244
Hi everyone.
I am using a canon 300d rebel.Does anyone has the lens 18-55 mm for sell because my lens is broken so i need as a replacement.
10/28/2010 04:23:41 AM · #245
I was doing better on this one but need to get some more entries in. More people have also purchased the lens (damn). Great lens and a great carry around - sharp even wide open.

Canon 15-85mm
10/28/2010 07:21:28 AM · #246
of course i OWN. AGAIN ... LOL

and even before i sold everything :-)

Message edited by author 2010-10-28 07:21:42.
10/28/2010 08:31:48 AM · #247
Never thought about it before, but I THINK I own the Sigma 18-50mm f/3.5-5.6 DC for Nikon
(And there will be a new #1 there tonight when Halloween songs are done)

Message edited by author 2010-10-28 08:32:57.
10/28/2010 08:52:59 AM · #248
pwnd
Samsung WB2000
10/28/2010 08:59:26 AM · #249
Dare I claim ownership of this one
10/28/2010 09:02:49 AM · #250
I own this lens page simply because so few people own it right now and I'm the most active member that does have it. I do need to push those last couple of 5's off the page.
Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F3.5-4.5 Di II LD for Canon
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 04/04/2020 11:08:21 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 04/04/2020 11:08:21 PM EDT.