DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Side Challenges and Tournaments >> WPL4 - Team Femme Fatale
Pages:   ... ... [61]
Showing posts 226 - 250 of 1516, (reverse)
AuthorThread
10/09/2006 06:26:20 AM · #226
YAAAAAAYY Natalya!! Congratulations!!! Yeah baby! I'm glad to see you will sticking around with we "sub-seveners" instead of finding a snobby seven team. Who knows? Maybe before long we WILL be a snobby seven team! Soooooo happy to wake up and see you on the front page! Yahooooo!
Goooooooooooooooo TEAM!
10/09/2006 06:43:24 AM · #227
I know I am a team member for "Outcasts" but I will be supporting your girls, maybe not if your up against us, but I will be fair.
I really think you girls "ROCK", and don't you forget it, and all the best to you all.....

Message edited by author 2006-10-09 06:44:26.
10/09/2006 06:48:32 AM · #228
Originally posted by sherpet:

I know I am a team member for "Outcasts" but I will be supporting your girls, maybe not if your up against us, but I will be fair.
I really think you girls "ROCK", and don't you forget it, and all the best to you all.....


Thanks for the support. Go team Outcasts! Except of course when you are up against us...then we'd really prefer that you sat out Shez! : )
10/09/2006 07:44:26 AM · #229
Originally posted by aimeethetoo:

YAAAAAAYY Natalya!! Congratulations!!! Yeah baby! I'm glad to see you will sticking around with we "sub-seveners" instead of finding a snobby seven team. Who knows? Maybe before long we WILL be a snobby seven team! Soooooo happy to wake up and see you on the front page! Yahooooo!
Goooooooooooooooo TEAM!


Hey Aimee,

Thanks for your lovely message, I really appreciate you and the teams support. It's been great to feel that others are cheering me on too :o) I hope we keep this going throughout WPL3!!! :o)
10/09/2006 08:57:34 AM · #230
hey we needed your ribbon to fire us up to try to be a snobby seven team! great work.
onto to morning....
10/09/2006 11:25:59 AM · #231
ok i just voted faceless and there were many awesome shots. i wont be doing as well as i thot!!!
10/09/2006 11:27:32 AM · #232
Originally posted by jfwolpert:

ok i just voted faceless and there were many awesome shots. i wont be doing as well as i thot!!!


I haven't voted yet but looking through the thumbs there are some great images! I'd be happy with anything above the score I have now LOL :o)
10/09/2006 04:15:27 PM · #233
Originally posted by jfwolpert:

ok i just voted faceless and there were many awesome shots. i wont be doing as well as i thot!!!


Same here. Out of all my challenge entries, this is the only one with sweet bugger all post processing [if you consider a minor crop as pp]. The lighting was perfect, the exposure was spot on, it meets the challenge and is a pleasing set up [if I do say so myself, ;P]. It's currently sitting on 5.3, and even though that hurts like hell, getting to the point where my images require little or no post editing is a huge milestone for me, so I'm hanging on to that.

Might have to turn my scores off or stay away from DPC for the week, though. Or the score will drive me crazy.

Good luck to all you gals! :)
10/09/2006 04:25:57 PM · #234
Originally posted by rinac:

getting to the point where my images require little or no post editing is a huge milestone for me, so I'm hanging on to that.


You keep hanging on to that Rina!! Its great that you've got to a stage where you feel comfortable with the image as shot (almost). You Go Girl!! :o)


10/09/2006 04:32:47 PM · #235
Originally posted by talj:

You keep hanging on to that Rina!! Its great that you've got to a stage where you feel comfortable with the image as shot (almost). You Go Girl!! :o)


Cheers Natalya! How are you doing today, head still spinning? :D
10/09/2006 04:39:25 PM · #236
Originally posted by rinac:

Originally posted by talj:

You keep hanging on to that Rina!! Its great that you've got to a stage where you feel comfortable with the image as shot (almost). You Go Girl!! :o)


Cheers Natalya! How are you doing today, head still spinning? :D


LOL I should have left it a week before I entered another challenge!!!

Sadly I am in a Head to Head with 21.gif Ecce Signum so I had to enter 1 challenge this week and I chose Faceless Portrait, my score in that has taken the edge off winning the ribbon!! I am USELESS at portraits...faceless or not!

Current score is...

Votes: 90
Views: 128
Avg Vote: 5.5556
Comments: 3
Favorites: 1
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 10/09/06 04:37 pm
10/09/2006 04:56:51 PM · #237
Originally posted by talj:

LOL I should have left it a week before I entered another challenge!!!

Sadly I am in a Head to Head with 21.gif Ecce Signum so I had to enter 1 challenge this week and I chose Faceless Portrait, my score in that has taken the edge off winning the ribbon!! I am USELESS at portraits...faceless or not!

Current score is...

Votes: 90
Views: 128
Avg Vote: 5.5556
Comments: 3
Favorites: 1
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 10/09/06 04:37 pm


A favourite! That's gotta make you feel good though, eh? I might go through the entries again for a second look and leave some more comments. 129 of my votes have been between 6-10 and nothing I've seen deserves less than 5 imo. I can't understand why all the mediocre scoring, so I may go a'bumping :) [oops, will I get in trouble for saying that? :D]
10/09/2006 05:16:12 PM · #238
Originally posted by rinac:


A favourite! That's gotta make you feel good though, eh? I might go through the entries again for a second look and leave some more comments. 129 of my votes have been between 6-10 and nothing I've seen deserves less than 5 imo. I can't understand why all the mediocre scoring, so I may go a'bumping :) [oops, will I get in trouble for saying that? :D]


You are so right about the favourite! There is something great about the thought that someone out there really likes what you have done :o)

I have an appointment tomorrow with the Surgeon to discuss whats going to happen and when with my leg so with a bit of luck I'll get an idea how much longer I have to have the 'boot' on for!!

When I get back I need to get voting and may try some commenting!

10/09/2006 05:18:07 PM · #239
I voted part of the 'faceless' challenge (remember i'm on dialup and slow as molasses)...gave out couple 10s...several 8s and marked two favorites...

all dulled by the EXCITEMENT of Natalya's ribbon...if I can't earn one I durn sure gonna root for a team mate that does!!!

I just can't get motivated to do either the 'woodie' or the 'ducky' challenge YET..prolly do some last minute entry that flops..lol need some creative juice which is hard when ya seldom drink..lol should take walk along river edge with whichever of our team 'had few drinks and then counted seconds for one car to meet other' in that last challenge..LOL...course i drink i'd fall IN the river...woohoo underwater shot!!!!

edit: to translate "dem" for hanae :-) "dem" = "them or those" in southern dialect with lots of drawl (accent)

hugs to dem 6 Femme Fetale gals :-)

Message edited by author 2006-10-09 17:19:43.
10/09/2006 05:22:36 PM · #240
Originally posted by msdoubletrouble:

I voted part of the 'faceless' challenge (remember i'm on dialup and slow as molasses)...gave out couple 10s...several 8s and marked two favorites...

all dulled by the EXCITEMENT of Natalya's ribbon...if I can't earn one I durn sure gonna root for a team mate that does!!!

I just can't get motivated to do either the 'woodie' or the 'ducky' challenge YET..prolly do some last minute entry that flops..lol need some creative juice which is hard when ya seldom drink..lol should take walk along river edge with whichever of our team 'had few drinks and then counted seconds for one car to meet other' in that last challenge..LOL...course i drink i'd fall IN the river...woohoo underwater shot!!!!

edit: to translate "dem" for hanae :-) "dem" = "them or those" in southern dialect with lots of drawl (accent)

hugs to dem 6 Femme Fetale gals :-)


LOL You always make me giggle Sonya! :o)

I cant get motivated for either 'Woody' or 'Ducky' :o( I have quite a bit of enthusiasm at the moment though so trying to enter as and when I can!!

I am quite excited about the Morning challenge, although I think it will be hard to do something really different I am looking forward to at least giving it a go :o)
10/09/2006 05:28:08 PM · #241
lol, didn't even know we HAD a 'morning' challenge. AND we KNOW I am NOT a morning person, so I'm sure I'll be REALLLLLLLLLLl motivated to enter that....wonder if i can play in the traffic for 10 sec shutter speed?ohhhhhhhhhhhh someone will do that idea now and then I'll be responsible for their casts/braces....hmmmmmm ADDS NOTE: do not try this at home!!!!!!!! (there whew)

okay...30 more min of nice light guess I'll go hunt a durn duck..
10/09/2006 05:32:35 PM · #242
Originally posted by msdoubletrouble:

lol, didn't even know we HAD a 'morning' challenge. AND we KNOW I am NOT a morning person, so I'm sure I'll be REALLLLLLLLLLl motivated to enter that....wonder if i can play in the traffic for 10 sec shutter speed?ohhhhhhhhhhhh someone will do that idea now and then I'll be responsible for their casts/braces....hmmmmmm ADDS NOTE: do not try this at home!!!!!!!! (there whew)

okay...30 more min of nice light guess I'll go hunt a durn duck..


LOL have fun! :o)
10/09/2006 06:30:10 PM · #243
Twenty-Nine and a half hours left until Woody.....I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready - edy-edy-edy-edy...! (any Spongebob fans out there?) Yeah - you can tell I have a 4 year old!
10/09/2006 06:32:17 PM · #244
Hey - have you girls seen the "trading" cards that Yanko created the template for? Shall we have cards too? See my husbands signature if you are confused 21.gif timfythetoo
10/09/2006 06:33:27 PM · #245
Originally posted by aimeethetoo:

Hey - have you girls seen the "trading" cards that Yanko created the template for? Shall we have cards too? See my husbands signature if you are confused 21.gif timfythetoo


Yeh I saw the cards they look pretty cool....just not sure how to 'make' them!!
10/09/2006 06:57:42 PM · #246
408903.jpg
Well this is the best that I can come up with using my software. I am not sure if I can change the overlay colors but it looks pretty good overall. If you ladies have pics that you would like on the cards let me know and I will do my best to make them look good.
10/09/2006 07:02:48 PM · #247
Originally posted by timfythetoo:

408903.jpg
Well this is the best that I can come up with using my software. I am not sure if I can change the overlay colors but it looks pretty good overall. If you ladies have pics that you would like on the cards let me know and I will do my best to make them look good.


Cool, these cards are a great idea :o) But I have no idea what pic to choose!!
10/09/2006 07:10:18 PM · #248
Originally posted by timfythetoo:

408903.jpg
Well this is the best that I can come up with using my software. I am not sure if I can change the overlay colors but it looks pretty good overall. If you ladies have pics that you would like on the cards let me know and I will do my best to make them look good.


You're a legend! Was playing around with the psd myself just now, but since you've put your hand up and have done such an awesome job with Aimees........ ;D

I'm the same boat as Natalya, I have no idea yet what image to use. Will post again when I have something.

Cheers
Rina :)
10/09/2006 07:12:38 PM · #249
dear lord, thought it was Tuesday,...WHEW

Cards are very cool!!! and even you, Talj, can not help my "mug" look any better I'm just stuck wif an ugee (that translates to 'ugly', hanae)mug ....shrugsssssss and goes to hunt a duck to kick ;-) lol
10/09/2006 07:16:09 PM · #250
Originally posted by msdoubletrouble:

dear lord, thought it was Tuesday,...WHEW

Cards are very cool!!! and even you, Talj, can not help my "mug" look any better I'm just stuck wif an ugee (that translates to 'ugly', hanae)mug ....shrugsssssss and goes to hunt a duck to kick ;-) lol


Sonya am thinking maybe my 'ugee mug' could do without being on a card too....am off to hunt for something more suitable lol
Pages:   ... ... [61]
Current Server Time: 04/22/2019 04:22:27 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 04/22/2019 04:22:27 PM EDT.