DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Challenge Outtakes >> PEAS! Outtakes
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 19 of 19, (reverse)
AuthorThread
08/22/2006 12:05:55 AM · #1
Post your outtakes from the PEAS! challenge here.
08/22/2006 12:25:25 AM · #2
after working on building my dragonfly for nearly two hours, i pulled the photos up on the computer as was greatly disapointed... just too boring...
outtake : ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/28276/thumb/381421.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/28276/thumb/381421.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

so i went back, made a snoot from two pieces of printer paper, taped it to the end of the flash, and created much more dramatic lighting...
entry : ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/380733.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/380733.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
08/22/2006 12:59:58 AM · #3
Good choice, kudzu. I liked your entry a lot.

Here was my orginal, predictable, boring, but relatively safe shot:
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/28742/thumb/383543.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/28742/thumb/383543.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

I did this one for fun and said heck with it - fun is better than safe!
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/379873.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/379873.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
08/22/2006 01:10:57 AM · #4
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

I did this one for fun and said heck with it


Thanks for making us laugh :-)
08/22/2006 01:11:24 AM · #5
Originally posted by kudzu:

created much more dramatic lighting...


Wow, the improvement there is awesome.
08/22/2006 07:20:33 AM · #6
Well here is my entry. To be honest I almost quit submiting becaue of all the low scores early. I was at less than 5 after 60 votes. I spent several hours trying to make it. I mean it has a real fishing hole!:) anyway I'm over it (just still don't get it)
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/380605.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/380605.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Anyway I originally had this one submited but had the brilliant idea (apparently not so in hind sight) of the snow. I present "The Exxon Val-PEAS disaster"
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/56658/thumb/383651.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/56658/thumb/383651.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

This I shot after my entry but I figured blood wouldn't do well but I thought it was funnier. I give you "Pea.S.I. Alaska"
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/56658/thumb/383650.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/56658/thumb/383650.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
08/22/2006 07:30:52 AM · #7
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/53147/thumb/383655.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/53147/thumb/383655.jpg', '/') + 1) . 'outtake ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/377322.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/377322.jpg', '/') + 1) . 'entry
This is a quick edit of one of my alternate facial poses. I decided to go with eyes closed and a relaxed feel to counter the obvious silliness of being buried in peas. Didnt score great overall but glad that I had a ribbon winning idea.

Message edited by author 2006-08-22 07:32:53.
08/22/2006 08:29:48 AM · #8
My entry: ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/380646.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/380646.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
Which is a parody of: ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/501/thumb/339329.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/501/thumb/339329.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

And this isn't actually an outtake, but I really was shocked to witness Lea discovering that she quite enjoys peas:
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/53690/thumb/383668.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/53690/thumb/383668.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
08/22/2006 09:38:40 AM · #9
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

Good choice, kudzu. I liked your entry a lot.


thanks... my son had great fun eating all my peas as i was making it...

Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

I did this one for fun and said heck with it - fun is better than safe!


yes. fun is more... well... funner!

and to the person who said something about it in the comments to my entry, the only thing in my shot besides the paper background is peas... duh!
08/22/2006 10:57:26 AM · #10
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/379485.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/379485.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' entry
Lighting: Late afternoon available light. Some cross light but the bloom is basically back lighted w/resulting loss of detail & silhouette of the pea vine.
............

some variations:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/3724/thumb/383705.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/3724/thumb/383705.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/3724/thumb/383706.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/3724/thumb/383706.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Message edited by author 2006-08-22 11:00:48.
08/22/2006 12:10:14 PM · #11
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:


I did this one for fun and said heck with it - fun is better than safe!


I'm really glad you did. My girlfriend and I could not stop laughing after seeing this shot. It is awesome.
08/22/2006 01:14:18 PM · #12
I thought about recreating this for the challenge.. but decided it wasn't nice to the PEA's.. someday he'll know whats good for him :)

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/26206/thumb/383775.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/26206/thumb/383775.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
08/22/2006 02:11:32 PM · #13

Outtake:
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/57229/thumb/383796.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/57229/thumb/383796.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Entry:
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/378720.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/378720.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

OK, so it was a pea-brained entry - yer want an apology?
08/22/2006 02:19:16 PM · #14
Originally posted by timfythetoo:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/53147/thumb/383655.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/53147/thumb/383655.jpg', '/') + 1) . 'outtake ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/377322.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/377322.jpg', '/') + 1) . 'entry
This is a quick edit of one of my alternate facial poses. I decided to go with eyes closed and a relaxed feel to counter the obvious silliness of being buried in peas. Didnt score great overall but glad that I had a ribbon winning idea.


Your outake would have scored better I think. Not only because so many people wanted to see an expression, but also because your pea color looks more natural. During voting I remember liking your photo, but knocking it a bit for the bright green.
08/23/2006 03:48:07 AM · #15
Outtake
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/49109/thumb/384242.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/49109/thumb/384242.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Entry
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/379766.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/379766.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

what you think?
08/25/2006 11:39:40 AM · #16
Here was the one I entered:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/379945.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/379945.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Here are three of the many outtakes:

' . substr('//ct.pbase.com/t2/67/605567/4/65614510.ktibuous.jpg', strrpos('//ct.pbase.com/t2/67/605567/4/65614510.ktibuous.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

' . substr('//ct.pbase.com/t2/67/605567/4/65614508.uUTFZUZj.jpg', strrpos('//ct.pbase.com/t2/67/605567/4/65614508.uUTFZUZj.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

' . substr('//ct.pbase.com/t2/67/605567/4/65614515.8aItbQ7o.jpg', strrpos('//ct.pbase.com/t2/67/605567/4/65614515.8aItbQ7o.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Which do you think would have done best? My entry got 37th and over 6.0 so I was quite pleased.
08/25/2006 11:42:05 AM · #17
Originally posted by eyewave:

Outtake
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/49109/thumb/384242.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/49109/thumb/384242.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Entry
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/379766.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/379766.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

what you think?


I prefer your entry - at a quick glance it was hard to figure out what was going on in the outtake (colors are too similar).
08/25/2006 11:46:50 AM · #18
Originally posted by kudzu:


so i went back, made a snoot from two pieces of printer paper, taped it to the end of the flash, and created much more dramatic lighting...
entry : ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/380733.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/380733.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


Much better - good choice.
08/25/2006 12:10:09 PM · #19
Originally posted by betsypdx:

Here was the one I entered:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/379945.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/538/thumb/379945.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Here are three of the many outtakes:

' . substr('//ct.pbase.com/t2/67/605567/4/65614508.uUTFZUZj.jpg', strrpos('//ct.pbase.com/t2/67/605567/4/65614508.uUTFZUZj.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Which do you think would have done best? My entry got 37th and over 6.0 so I was quite pleased.


Of the your entry and the one I have "quoted" of the outtakes, I prefer the outtake by a small margin. But that's just me. Both of them are very nice.

R.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 10/18/2019 02:48:38 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 10/18/2019 02:48:38 PM EDT.