DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Stock Photography >> I want to be a Stock Model... Anyone?
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 22 of 22, (reverse)
AuthorThread
08/07/2006 10:59:33 AM · #1
ok... I haven't tried shooting live walking models.. but I guess the thought and complexity of the model release puts me off...

Ok.. here's the question..

If I were to "shoot" myself... .. I meant.. with a camera..
*hey... come on... I'm not that bad looking... ok... don't give me that look.. kekeke*

Can I sign off my own model release?

Anyone tried shooting themself and selling the pics?

Cheers
Eric.
08/07/2006 11:06:42 AM · #2
Originally posted by Cheerz:

Can I sign off my own model release?

Anyone tried shooting themself and selling the pics?

Cheers
Eric.

Yes, you certainly can. Isn't that what remote shutter releases are for? ;^)
08/07/2006 11:13:43 AM · #3
Originally posted by Cheerz:

*hey... come on... I'm not that bad looking... ok... don't give me that look.. kekeke*


ofcourse we need proof first.

:)
08/07/2006 11:20:15 AM · #4
Originally posted by biteme:

Originally posted by Cheerz:

*hey... come on... I'm not that bad looking... ok... don't give me that look.. kekeke*


ofcourse we need proof first.

:)


Cheeky ehh...
Lemmie find my remote shutter... kekeke
08/07/2006 11:21:39 AM · #5
Originally posted by Cheerz:

Originally posted by biteme:

Originally posted by Cheerz:

*hey... come on... I'm not that bad looking... ok... don't give me that look.. kekeke*


ofcourse we need proof first.

:)


Cheeky ehh...
Lemmie find my remote shutter... kekeke


:D
08/07/2006 11:22:31 AM · #6
Huh. I had never thought of that. Not a bad idea, not at all! It might be a little tricky setting it all up, but I think if you maybe use a cardboard "person" to set the focus, and then put the timer on (or a remote/IR release), you'd have good luck!

I may have to try this, too. It'd solve my model shortage!
08/07/2006 11:30:44 AM · #7
Originally posted by OdysseyF22:

Huh. I had never thought of that. Not a bad idea, not at all! It might be a little tricky setting it all up, but I think if you maybe use a cardboard "person" to set the focus, and then put the timer on (or a remote/IR release), you'd have good luck!

I may have to try this, too. It'd solve my model shortage!


Hahahaha... I'm going to patent that idea...
You know what's next?

Get a buddy and shoot eeach other...
If you're crazy about it.. you'll be playing "Shoot me" instead of paintballs.. hahahahaha
08/07/2006 11:32:01 AM · #8
Originally posted by Cheerz:


You know what's next?


Yes, your portrait! If you're a Brad-Pitt-look-a-like, you have to.
08/07/2006 11:35:07 AM · #9
how do you do a model release?

Originally posted by Cheerz:

ok... I haven't tried shooting live walking models.. but I guess the thought and complexity of the model release puts me off...

Ok.. here's the question..

If I were to "shoot" myself... .. I meant.. with a camera..
*hey... come on... I'm not that bad looking... ok... don't give me that look.. kekeke*

Can I sign off my own model release?

Anyone tried shooting themself and selling the pics?

Cheers
Eric.

08/07/2006 11:41:57 AM · #10
Originally posted by Chinabun:

how do you do a model release?


Generally, there's a form that most stock agencies provide for models and photographer to sign off.

Basically, it releases the rights a model has over the image taken to the photographer.

This agreement generally allows the photographer to resell or do "pratically" whatever he/she wants with the photo... kekeke *evil grin*

That's why I felt a little stupid to be signing off my own model release form.. hahahaha

Hope this helps..

Eric.
08/07/2006 11:43:24 AM · #11
Originally posted by biteme:

Originally posted by Cheerz:


You know what's next?


Yes, your portrait! If you're a Brad-Pitt-look-a-like, you have to.


Hmmmm. .. .... . . I hate to disappoint.. .. .
Hate to disappoint Brad-pitt I meant.. :)
If you know what i mean.. hahahahaha
(taken from who's line is it)
08/07/2006 12:07:38 PM · #12
I hate pics of myself but when my alien bees were first delivered last december I took some self portraits for stock just to try out the new lights... those four photos have earned about $21 so far on istock...

(edit): and yes, you are required to sign your own release with most agencies, and for sure at istock.

Message edited by author 2006-08-07 13:30:29.
08/07/2006 12:13:37 PM · #13
Originally posted by nova:

I hate pics of myself but when my alien bees were first delivered last december I took some self portraits for stock just to try out the new lights... those four photos have earned about $21 so far on istock...

Nice tie! ;^)
08/07/2006 12:20:20 PM · #14
Originally posted by Cheerz:

Originally posted by Chinabun:

how do you do a model release?


Generally, there's a form that most stock agencies provide for models and photographer to sign off.

Basically, it releases the rights a model has over the image taken to the photographer.

This agreement generally allows the photographer to resell or do "pratically" whatever he/she wants with the photo... kekeke *evil grin*

That's why I felt a little stupid to be signing off my own model release form.. hahahaha

Hope this helps..

Eric.


Just protect your rights as a photographer, and make sure you stand up for yourself as the model. Don't let the photographer run all over you. At the same time, make sure that you don't give the model too much. You should definately charge the model a sitting fee. Like maybe $300 or so at least. Good luck.
08/07/2006 01:13:31 PM · #15
ok, so i wouldnt need a model release for myself?
08/07/2006 01:16:34 PM · #16
Originally posted by Chinabun:

ok, so i wouldnt need a model release for myself?

As far as I can tell, yes you do. Most of the stock sites require a model release for any images with a recognizable face (meaning the person can be identified, not looking away, etc...).
08/07/2006 01:28:51 PM · #17
Signing your own release is perfectly fine. Posing with cheese is not.

Sincerely,
Cheeseman™
08/07/2006 02:20:32 PM · #18
Originally posted by Cheerz:

ok... I haven't tried shooting live walking models.. but I guess the thought and complexity of the model release puts me off...

Ok.. here's the question..

If I were to "shoot" myself... .. I meant.. with a camera..
*hey... come on... I'm not that bad looking... ok... don't give me that look.. kekeke*

Can I sign off my own model release?

Anyone tried shooting themself and selling the pics?

Cheers
Eric.


Actually, not only is signing your own release okay, but if it is for a stock agency, it will be required!

-Hideo
08/09/2006 11:01:07 PM · #19
I think from a model release point of view, shooting yourself is not a problem. However, it is very difficult to direct yourself well. Best to find a good-looking friend or family member.

08/09/2006 11:17:00 PM · #20
When I was doing some of my own self portraits a while back I was amazed at how bad of an actor I was for myself.

I teach kids and am more than a little animated in class and do a lot of really weird faces, but I look like I'm a bored idiot in my self portraits.

It's harder than it looks.

And that was a big surprise to me.

Incidentally, the 10D won't be able to use a normal IR remote like the 300D. However, ADIDT has a really nice unit that works on FM instead, so it can be placed in a pocket without direct line of sight. I'd still recommend a 2-4 second delay though... I was rather surprised to notice that my 30D doesn't seem to have a variable custom time for the self-timer, just 2 or 10 seconds...

My S2 IS has custom time available. I use 4-5 seconds.
08/09/2006 11:18:18 PM · #21
I just went quickly through the first ten pages of my portfolio on istock arranged by royalties earned and i have made at least $2500 with self portraits. You just sign both the model part and photographer part, really easy and straight forward :-)

08/09/2006 11:26:31 PM · #22
Well you would. You are generally recognized as being VERY HOT by the ladies around here... :)

Nicely done btw.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 07/28/2021 08:27:59 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 07/28/2021 08:27:59 PM EDT.