DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Challenge Results >> Porn filter....
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 14 of 14, (reverse)
AuthorThread
09/10/2003 02:10:25 AM · #1
I know I'll get prude or troll of the week award for this, but is there any way I can keep from having to look at Yanik (kosmickreeper) doing his girlfriend on the front page all week??? I've got the "hide nude photos" option set in my preferences, but obviously sex is OK, as long as no body parts are shown?
09/10/2003 02:23:11 AM · #2
i doubt theres anything you can do since its a winner...and yes you do get the award ;)
09/10/2003 02:29:48 AM · #3
Originally posted by ScottK:

I know I'll get prude or troll of the week award for this, but is there any way I can keep from having to look at Yanik (kosmickreeper) doing his girlfriend on the front page all week??? I've got the "hide nude photos" option set in my preferences, but obviously sex is OK, as long as no body parts are shown?


Sure. Don't load the page for the next 7 days:)

Message edited by author 2003-09-10 02:30:54.
09/10/2003 02:31:01 AM · #4
Use the Help>Contact menu item to send a note directly to the admins -- I believe they will probably apply the nudity "flag" which will cause your preference to start working and suppress the photo's display.

I think that's a pretty wimpy claim for an award -- I'm surprised several others who have the "hide nudes" option enabled haven't deluged this thread with similar requests.
09/10/2003 02:51:30 AM · #5
Originally posted by lennier:

Sure. Don't load the page for the next 7 days:)


Given that I just ponied up my $25 to become a member - I'm not inclined to go that route. :-)

Thanks for the suggestion Paul. I'll give that a shot.

And, hey, it's the middle of the night across the US. Give it till morning. I'll probably live to regret this thread....
09/10/2003 03:03:49 AM · #6
Originally posted by ScottK:

And, hey, it's the middle of the night across the US. Give it till morning. I'll probably live to regret this thread....


Don't worry. Us Europeans tend to be a little more liberal. . . ;)
09/10/2003 03:05:26 AM · #7
Originally posted by ScottK:

And, hey, it's the middle of the night across the US. Give it till morning. I'll probably live to regret this thread....

At least you'll live! I'd check this thread for more "action" around 8 or 9 am Eastern (US) time. Administrative action may come later ....
09/10/2003 03:07:19 AM · #8
Originally posted by Koriyama:

Originally posted by ScottK:

And, hey, it's the middle of the night across the US. Give it till morning. I'll probably live to regret this thread....


Don't worry. Us Europeans tend to be a little more liberal. . . ;)

It would be convenient if everyone's country was displayed under their camera in the threads.
09/10/2003 03:14:21 AM · #9
Originally posted by GeneralE:

It would be convenient if everyone's country was displayed under their camera in the threads.


What would you do for people like me, living away from our home countries?

I like the suggestion. Just make sure that you don't allow the British flag, just the respective nations.
09/10/2003 03:21:42 AM · #10
People who are offended from nudity should go to Italy for a month for training.
Just surf the broadcast TV channels(any channels),open the daily newspaper nudity is everywhere and nobody cares or pays attention!
09/10/2003 03:23:59 AM · #11
I wouldn't want any flags there! The field would be whatever you choose (if anything) on your profile. I'd list wherever you're physically located (e.g. could list "in Italy" to show you're not actually Italian). Maybe they could add a profile field for "Local Time Zone" and then just list the user's local time instead.
09/10/2003 03:26:26 AM · #12
Originally posted by GeneralE:

I wouldn't want any flags there! The field would be whatever you choose (if anything) on your profile. I'd list wherever you're physically located (e.g. could list "in Italy" to show you're not actually Italian). Maybe they could add a profile field for "Local Time Zone" and then just list the user's local time instead.


Ummm, mine would say Earth :) Although that's just barely accurate since I hail from southern California :)
09/10/2003 03:35:50 AM · #13
Originally posted by myqyl:

Ummm, mine would say Earth :) Although that's just barely accurate since I hail from southern California :)

//dpchallenge.com/image.php?IMAGE_ID=34401
09/10/2003 11:59:31 AM · #14
That was a neat little bit of trivia. :)

Crap! I was hoping this thread would die quietly now... and I just bumped it. :(

Message edited by author 2003-09-10 12:01:27.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 04/14/2024 05:24:23 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2024 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Current Server Time: 04/14/2024 05:24:23 PM EDT.