DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Challenge Results >> Progress Scores!
Pages:  
Showing posts 26 - 50 of 113, (reverse)
AuthorThread
07/12/2006 01:14:48 AM · #26
Originally posted by Rikki:

Originally posted by yanko:

Originally posted by idnic:

Originally posted by Rikki:

well it's official folks. I got my first DNMC comment :)


LOL Great leadership for the team, dude!!


He might be a drunk leader before it's all said and done. :P


I know. I don't understand why one can get a DNMC challenge when it specifically states:

Details: It's both a blessing and a curse; show us what it means to you.

To me! Not to you :) LOL!


Yeah. I also got snafued into thinking the challenge description meant what it said in Desolation but learned a lesson that it's only about what the voters think and not the photographer.

Message edited by author 2006-07-12 01:15:33.
07/12/2006 06:53:25 AM · #27
Votes: 33
Views: 54
Avg Vote: 6.5152
Comments: 5

07/12/2006 06:54:35 AM · #28
oh yeah ... thats why i'm at 4.3 :-(
07/12/2006 06:54:42 AM · #29
We have a winner :)

Thats a very good score!

EDIT @ Karen

Message edited by author 2006-07-12 06:55:03.
07/12/2006 07:13:50 AM · #30
Votes: 34
Views: 41
Avg Vote: 4.7647
Comments: 2

Shame, i really liked my entry. :(
07/12/2006 07:49:29 AM · #31
Originally posted by Kerm:

Votes: 34
Views: 41
Avg Vote: 4.7647
Comments: 2

Shame, i really liked my entry. :(


It's not a shame if you really like your entry - just means not everyone has the same tastes. If you still like it, then it's still good!!

Were I to construct my own "top row" in my portfolio, I think only one of my current "top row" pictures would be in it. The rest would be ones that didn't do so well in DPC voting, but I still like 'em.
07/12/2006 07:51:58 AM · #32
Originally posted by Guyver:

We have a winner :)

Thats a very good score!

EDIT @ Karen


Thanks! Not sure it'll be the winner but I am happy with that score!
07/12/2006 07:59:06 AM · #33
Originally posted by yanko:

Originally posted by scsher29:

Hey there!

Mine says 'stats not availabe' ??? Why would that be?


You have to be a paid member, I think.


She is... does it work now? When you click the update button?
07/12/2006 08:15:43 AM · #34
Okay...I figured my photo shows obvious progress so I didn't give it a title that references progress..just a very simple and plain title. If I get one DNMC comment I might FLIP. And I'm praying this photo moves over the 5.3 mark because I actually like this photo and think it's a good photo.

So with that said...if you see a photo with a nice and simple title, please don't comment DNMC..try and see how it fits the challenge first.
07/12/2006 08:47:00 AM · #35
I really don't mind that my photo is scoring in the mid 5's - it's not my favourite photo ever: I just wanted to keep entering challenges (I missed quite a few due to travel last week).

But what does make me sad is that after 34 votes, and 49 views there are still 0 comments...
As I said, it's not the greatest photo, but it is a little humourous, and even makes a mild social statement. I thought for that at least someone would say something about it...

Right now, I'm even looking forward to comments telling me how bad it is. Anything - just keen for a response to it.

For the next challenge I'm definitely including 1) nude, 2) sunset and 3) heavy grunge pp. I don't care that it's a "food" challenge - I just want more comments :-)
07/12/2006 08:49:56 AM · #36
Originally posted by Tygerr:



For the next challenge I'm definitely including 1) nude, 2) sunset and 3) heavy grunge pp. I don't care that it's a "food" challenge - I just want more comments :-)


Heh! Don't forget the wine glass with the nude refracted in it!

I'll probably try to comment on all the entries in this one when I get around to voting, so you should get at least one!
07/12/2006 09:24:55 AM · #37
Man, some grumpy voters this morning...

Score has dropped over 3/10ths in about 6 votes. Coffee, people! Have your coffee before you vote! :-)
07/12/2006 09:28:58 AM · #38
Heh.... UP, down, UP, down, UP, down.... all morning it's been like that!!! My troll votes are being counteracted by people who can truly appreciate a fine image!

;-)
07/12/2006 09:31:18 AM · #39
Originally posted by Melethia:

I'll probably try to comment on all the entries in this one when I get around to voting, so you should get at least one!


I look forward to it... :-)
07/12/2006 01:22:54 PM · #40
I'm trying to see how long a person can go without a comment and have a score over 6.2

Votes: 53
Views: 80
Avg Vote: 6.XXX
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 07/12/06 12:36 pm

Becky

07/12/2006 01:28:31 PM · #41
Droppin like it's hot!!! Anybody wanna go troll huntin'?
07/12/2006 01:54:08 PM · #42
Originally posted by rjkstesch:

I'm trying to see how long a person can go without a comment and have a score over 6.2

Votes: 53
Views: 80
Avg Vote: 6.XXX
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 07/12/06 12:36 pm

Becky


My score is only mid-5, but I've also had over 50 votes and 70 views with no comments. Must be a silent majority voting this round...
I think with your 6.x score, I might last longer without comments. I'm in MediocreVille with this one.
07/12/2006 03:06:42 PM · #43
Originally posted by Palmetto_Pixels:

Droppin like it's hot!!! Anybody wanna go troll huntin'?


I'd join you, but I've only had one troll vote. The rest are just good solid middle votes that slowly dropppppppppp the score. Anyone want to inflate some scores? Head my way.

I knew there was a reason that I rarely post scores. Either I want to ignore it (because it's mediocre) or I don't want to jinx it (it's high enough to make me smile ;) .

BTW - I got a comment - and a very thoughtful comment at that. Thanks commenters.

Becky
07/12/2006 03:13:42 PM · #44
Originally posted by rjkstesch:

Originally posted by Palmetto_Pixels:

Droppin like it's hot!!! Anybody wanna go troll huntin'?


I'd join you, but I've only had one troll vote. The rest are just good solid middle votes that slowly dropppppppppp the score. Anyone want to inflate some scores? Head my way.

I knew there was a reason that I rarely post scores. Either I want to ignore it (because it's mediocre) or I don't want to jinx it (it's high enough to make me smile ;) .

BTW - I got a comment - and a very thoughtful comment at that. Thanks commenters.

Becky


Yup Becky, I know how you feel. I'm sitting mid range right now as well. I think people are either understanding my shot or not at all. Seems to be the yo-yo trend my shot is displaying this challenge.

I'm pretty hesitant to post scores as of late as well. But WTH....

Votes: 63
Views: 89
Avg Vote: 5.5556
Comments: 2
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 07/12/06 03:12 pm


07/12/2006 03:15:12 PM · #45
Originally posted by boomtap:

I am above 6 for the very first time. Please o please God let me wake up to a 6.


I woke up with a 6, but have been on the downslide since.
07/12/2006 03:37:23 PM · #46
Wow, I'm so depressed. My score is pretty good, but it dropped from a 6.5455 to this...

Votes: 60
Views: 101
Avg Vote: 6.0500
Comments: 4

ugh
07/12/2006 03:50:32 PM · #47
Yay! I got my first comment after 59 votes, and it came from one of my favourite photographers. It even made her laugh...

That's all I wanted. Now I don't mind the 5.6 score...
:-)
07/12/2006 03:56:59 PM · #48
Good comments always trump score, in my opinion. :-)

I'm happy with my score (OK, ecstatic and very pleasantly surprised would be more accurate) and quite pleased with a "DID meet challenge" comment. Very cool!
07/12/2006 04:16:18 PM · #49
You elitists and your fancy "horrible" 6 scores.
07/12/2006 04:18:21 PM · #50
Originally posted by Melethia:

Good comments always trump score, in my opinion. :-)

I'm happy with my score (OK, ecstatic and very pleasantly surprised would be more accurate) and quite pleased with a "DID meet challenge" comment. Very cool!


*gasp* Surely that's a TYPO!!!
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 11/24/2020 01:28:08 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 11/24/2020 01:28:08 PM EST.