DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Straight scores
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 253, (reverse)
AuthorThread
07/03/2006 12:23:12 AM · #1
I'll start. My first one was a 3.0

Woo hoo! Not.
07/03/2006 12:24:16 AM · #2
Originally posted by Melethia:

I'll start. My first one was a 3.0

Woo hoo! Not.


Me too...
07/03/2006 12:24:27 AM · #3
I got a 5 in this one and another 5 in the flowers. Well, at least I'm consistent! (or that one voter out there is) :-)
07/03/2006 12:24:57 AM · #4
so i should be proud of my 4 hey? lol
07/03/2006 12:26:27 AM · #5
not trying to be mean, but I suspect some entries have been sharpened outside the camera...
07/03/2006 12:26:33 AM · #6
Well, my first was a 3 and the second was a 6...anyone know where I can find the thread that explains how to calculate my individual scores with excel? I need something to obsess over this next week.
07/03/2006 12:27:39 AM · #7
Never mind

Message edited by author 2006-07-03 00:32:26.
07/03/2006 12:30:39 AM · #8
Votes: 6
Views: 7
Avg Vote: 5.6667
Comments: 0

I'm baaaaaaaaack. Not bad for a start.
07/03/2006 12:31:54 AM · #9
First vote was 8, then I refreshed (just after logging on) and had 7 votes - score 6.8333. ;-)

Oh, someone must have bumped down ;-( 7 votes, 6.7143

Message edited by author 2006-07-03 00:33:26.
07/03/2006 12:34:46 AM · #10
Originally posted by slickchik:

Never mind

I wasn't pointing fingers - I couldn't know which was yours anyway.
But in-camera sharpening, after going through resizing (which was allowed) on the computer, wouldn't be tact-sharp... so that kinda aroused my suspicion. I hope I wasn't being too anal - just trying to keep it fair for those who really put in the effort

NOTE: and yes, I'm kinda upset I didn't check the site/email over the weekend so couldn't submit anything! grr... been wanting to enter a no-edit challenge! ironic :p

update: test

Message edited by author 2006-07-03 01:22:36.
07/03/2006 12:36:56 AM · #11
First 3 votes were all 5's.. then a 3 hit.

I hope folks remember what they're looking at and not voting based on what they're used to seeing in challenges.
07/03/2006 12:38:24 AM · #12
I have a pic in on this one - but I also have my scores turned off. Gonna see if I can make it all week without looking. I hope you find someone to dance with BeeCee - good luck!
07/03/2006 12:38:30 AM · #13
Will all the portrait orientation shots be DQed for PP other than resizing?
07/03/2006 12:39:52 AM · #14
Originally posted by Pug-H:

First vote was 8, then I refreshed (just after logging on) and had 7 votes - score 6.8333. ;-)

Oh, someone must have bumped down ;-( 7 votes, 6.7143


You're doing great Pug! :)
07/03/2006 12:40:36 AM · #15
Originally posted by timfythetoo:

I have a pic in on this one - but I also have my scores turned off. Gonna see if I can make it all week without looking. I hope you find someone to dance with BeeCee - good luck!


Thanks, I'm obviously gonna need it! And to you, too :)
07/03/2006 12:41:17 AM · #16
Originally posted by crayon:

Originally posted by slickchik:

Never mind

I wasn't pointing fingers - I couldn't know which was yours anyway.
But in-camera sharpening, after going through resizing (which was allowed) on the computer, wouldn't be tact-sharp... so that kinda aroused my suspicion. I hope I wasn't being too anal - just trying to keep it fair for those who really put in the effort

NOTE: and yes, I'm kinda upset I didn't check the site/email over the weekend so couldn't submit anything! grr... been wanting to enter a no-edit challenge! ironic :p


I was not upset about your comment. I edited it because I am not sure what I can and cannot talk about during the voting phase (with regards to the submissions).

I did not think you were pointing fingers...I know you could not know which one was mine... ;-)

Message edited by author 2006-07-03 00:41:54.
07/03/2006 12:41:32 AM · #17
Mine is terrible compared to the other images. First vote a 5.0

I had a choice of three. Three is not a charm! :) I picked the wrong one.
07/03/2006 12:44:18 AM · #18
Wow... I'm getting about 3 votes in Straight for every 1 vote in Flowers ... in spite of nearly equal numbers of entries.

(I guess more people here are straight than flowery) lol
07/03/2006 12:44:30 AM · #19
Still no views. Gues everybody is looking at the flowers.
07/03/2006 12:45:00 AM · #20
Originally posted by talmy:

Will all the portrait orientation shots be DQed for PP other than resizing?


why would they be?
07/03/2006 12:46:23 AM · #21
i am down to a 3.8 i have this feeling there is alot of rushed voting going on because of the amount of the 700+ images between the two new challenges. because I am positive my photo is better than 3.8

my flower picture is taking a beating also but that was expected.
07/03/2006 12:50:34 AM · #22
Originally posted by crayon:

not trying to be mean, but I suspect some entries have been sharpened outside the camera...
Why don't you just send in a request for validation on the ones you think were sharpened out of camera? Really no point for bringing it up in the forums.
07/03/2006 12:50:51 AM · #23
The shot I submitted had absolutely nothing done to it other than compression for the web - I actually shot it at 640x480 px rather than high-res. Why? Because it was much sharper and didn't have to be subjected to downsizing which would have inevitably resulted in a softer image. I also shot a high-res file along with it, though.

Votes: 5
Views: 8
Avg Vote: 5.8000
Comments: 1
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0

Originally posted by talmy:

Will all the portrait orientation shots be DQed for PP other than resizing?

No. A lot of cameras have an auto-rotate feature.
07/03/2006 12:51:51 AM · #24
Hmmm...just remember. Vote as if the image is legit. If you think it is processed than ask for a validation. Please.
07/03/2006 12:53:33 AM · #25
Ok, so it looks like many people put thier "spare" flower picture in the strait from camera section which is going to make it a very long night of looking at 500 flowers. I love flowers, but seriously!
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 06/26/2019 08:44:15 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 06/26/2019 08:44:15 PM EDT.