DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> Heads-Up for an Amazing Event Tomorrow (tonight)
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 19 of 19, (reverse)
AuthorThread
04/04/2006 12:41:14 PM · #1
Someone posted this to another forum, I thought I'd bring it over here:

Late tonight/early tomorrow morning, at 2 minutes and 3 sexonds after 1 AM, if you use the American form of writing a date; here's what the time/date will look like:

01:02:03 04/05/06

Won't happen again for a thousand years... Is that cool, or what?

Robt.
04/04/2006 12:46:41 PM · #2
1:23 45 seconds 6/7/08

:)
04/04/2006 12:47:19 PM · #3
But we do get: 02:03:04 05/06/07 next year
04/04/2006 12:51:35 PM · #4
Originally posted by LoudDog:

1:23 45 seconds 6/7/08

:)


1:23:45 6/7/89
04/04/2006 12:55:34 PM · #5
Those are close but no cigar; it's the stringing of the zeroes, the serendipity of the single digits...

All together now! 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06! What a lovely song!

Robt.

04/04/2006 12:56:31 PM · #6
12:34:56 7/8/09
04/04/2006 12:59:19 PM · #7
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Those are close but no cigar; it's the stringing of the zeroes, the serendipity of the single digits...

All together now! 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06! What a lovely song!

Robt.

Do we sing this as:
- one, two, three, four, five, six
- oh-one, oh-two, oh-three, oh-four, oh-five, oh-six
or
- zero-one, zero-two, zero-three, zero-four, zero-five, zero-six?
04/04/2006 01:09:25 PM · #8
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Someone posted this to another forum, I thought I'd bring it over here:

Late tonight/early tomorrow morning, at 2 minutes and 3 sexonds after 1 AM, if you use the American form of writing a date; here's what the time/date will look like:

01:02:03 04/05/06

Won't happen again for a thousand years... Is that cool, or what?

Robt.


Over here in Blighty, we have to wait almost a whole month for it.
04/04/2006 01:13:51 PM · #9
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Someone posted this to another forum, I thought I'd bring it over here:

Late tonight/early tomorrow morning, at 2 minutes and 3 sexonds after 1 AM, if you use the American form of writing a date; here's what the time/date will look like:

01:02:03 04/05/06

Won't happen again for a thousand years... Is that cool, or what?

Robt.


For some of us it may be a thousand years before we have 3 sexonds... what every that is.. :))

04/04/2006 01:15:01 PM · #10
I'll sleep to that.
04/04/2006 01:17:48 PM · #11
Wouldn't it be a hundred years?

01:02:03 04/05/(21)06
04/04/2006 01:21:37 PM · #12
Hmm I thought it would also happen next month if you use the dd/mm/yy format:)
04/04/2006 03:00:20 PM · #13
Amazing event tonite? I thought this thread was going to be about the Women's Championship game in NCAA basketball.

Message edited by author 2006-04-04 15:01:19.
04/04/2006 03:14:07 PM · #14
At work, I've found it most efficient (naming files and such) to use yy/mm/dd format, which means I should look forward to May 4th, just after 3am ...

060504 03:02:01
04/04/2006 03:16:06 PM · #15
Originally posted by DrAchoo:

Wouldn't it be a hundred years?

01:02:03 04/05/(21)06


Hey, good point :-)

R.
04/04/2006 03:16:51 PM · #16
Originally posted by GeneralE:

At work, I've found it most efficient (naming files and such) to use yy/mm/dd format, which means I should look forward to May 4th, just after 3am ...

060504 03:02:01


Kewl, a count-down!

R.
04/04/2006 05:44:47 PM · #17
Won't it happen just after 1:00 in the afternoon too? I'll wait until then to celebrate.
04/04/2006 05:50:43 PM · #18
i had never thought about that, really cool
04/04/2006 06:37:55 PM · #19
Originally posted by Little King:

Originally posted by LoudDog:

1:23 45 seconds 6/7/08

:)


1:23:45 6/7/89


There was a hoopla in '90 about the once (twice with the afternoon one) every 100 years dealy in July.

12:34:56 7/8/90
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 09/20/2021 10:02:55 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 09/20/2021 10:02:55 PM EDT.