DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> How do some of you keep your mouth shut?!!!
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 107, (reverse)
AuthorThread
01/19/2006 10:21:53 PM · #1
Every once in a while I stumble upon a post by someone who has been lurking about for a long time and has never posted, or has only spoken up a couple of times.

I know you guys are watching. I just want to know...are you as understated in real life as you are on this forum? Wish I could do that. I have to hold back, because I want to say something about almost everything I read.

It's time for all of you wallflowers to speak up. Let's hear what you have to say!
01/19/2006 10:25:47 PM · #2
A lot of the times I will just watch and read, but I just have to join in the discussion most the time. lol
01/19/2006 10:28:57 PM · #3
I'm mostly a watcher and reader, and generally only post if I think I have something unique and useful to say.

Or, if I feel like being a wise-ass.

Just like in real life!
01/19/2006 10:29:10 PM · #4
Scott, you changed your name. I kept seeing your posts and thinking it was a new guy!
01/19/2006 10:29:22 PM · #5
Originally posted by greatandsmall:

are you as understated in real life as you are on this forum?

Yes
01/19/2006 10:30:07 PM · #6
Originally posted by jduffett:

Originally posted by greatandsmall:

are you as understated in real life as you are on this forum?

Yes


ROFLMAO!
01/19/2006 10:30:51 PM · #7
I just can't do it... I have to post everywhere and this one especially got me wanting to post... argh....
01/19/2006 10:31:01 PM · #8
here i am!

wait, i post all the time.
01/19/2006 10:31:08 PM · #9
I always just watch and read. I never say anything. Anytime you see a 'taterbug' post, it's really my cat Bruce talking. He's very outgoing and likes to interact in forums when he's not too busy chasing gators or looking for good abstracts.
01/19/2006 10:33:56 PM · #10
I always keep my mouth shut. rofl
01/19/2006 10:35:40 PM · #11
Originally posted by greatandsmall:

Every once in a while I stumble upon a post by someone who has been lurking about for a long time and has never posted, or has only spoken up a couple of times.

I know you guys are watching. I just want to know...are you as understated in real life as you are on this forum? Wish I could do that. I have to hold back, because I want to say something about almost everything I read.

It's time for all of you wallflowers to speak up. Let's hear what you have to say!


*laughs* Actually, yes, I am quiet in 'real life' too. But, just as here, it depends on the conversation and what is happening.

A lot of times I keep quiet because otherwise I will get into big trouble by telling someone what I really think of them and their actions. *grins*

I am getting better though, I'm actually starting my own threads now! ;)
01/19/2006 10:35:49 PM · #12
Yep, this is just another one of those threads I'll read but not post a comment in. Sorry, that's just the way I am.
01/19/2006 10:37:05 PM · #13
Originally posted by graphicfunk:

I always keep my mouth shut. rofl


until it opens, and the strangest and most long-winded things fly out ;-)
01/19/2006 10:38:22 PM · #14
LOL. I had a feeling the wallflowers would get trampled in this thread.

Perhaps we should start a Compulsive Posters Anonymous support group!
01/19/2006 10:39:37 PM · #15
i know of at least a couple of wallflowers here who would be great contributors if they spoke up.

but i won't mention them, confidentiality agreement.
01/19/2006 10:40:31 PM · #16
Originally posted by greatandsmall:

Scott, you changed your name. I kept seeing your posts and thinking it was a new guy!

Yea I changed it at the first of the year. Since I live in the south and that I don't travel much I felt the username was appropriate.
01/19/2006 10:41:22 PM · #17
Originally posted by southern_exposure:

Since I live in the south and that I don't travel much I felt the username was appropriate.


Yeah, it's pretty cool.
01/19/2006 10:41:25 PM · #18
mk beats me up if I talk too much.

Then again, she beats me up even if I don't, so what the hey...

~Terry

Message edited by author 2006-01-19 22:42:06.
01/19/2006 10:42:43 PM · #19
Originally posted by graphicfunk:

I always keep my mouth shut. rofl

:)lol

01/19/2006 10:44:26 PM · #20
i dont keep my mouth shut... and get in trouble more often than not...

01/19/2006 10:45:53 PM · #21
I guess I am a wallflower. I have only posted once before, and that was to get added to the PAD project.

So, for everyone out there...

HI!! I'm Lee, a girl from Virginia. I'm married (to livitup), have a kid, 2 pups, 4 cats, and a bird. More importantly I have a lovely Canon. I promise to try to speak up more often!

-=lee=-
01/19/2006 10:46:09 PM · #22
I rarely get involved in the forums, for the most part I like to read what people are talking about.

I'm pretty quiet in real life too, until I get used to people or have had a few beers (2 bud lights before posting tonight).

Chris
01/19/2006 10:46:33 PM · #23
A wise person once said that it is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it. Oh crap, now I've done it.
01/19/2006 10:47:33 PM · #24
Aha! There they are! Nice to meet ya'. Hope to hear from you more often.
01/19/2006 10:48:33 PM · #25
Originally posted by mud puddle:

I rarely get involved in the forums, for the most part I like to read what people are talking about.

I'm pretty quiet in real life too, until I get used to people or have had a few beers (2 bud lights before posting tonight).

Chris


lol I hear ya :-)
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 11/26/2020 08:27:01 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 11/26/2020 08:27:01 AM EST.