DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Best of 2005 scores
Pages:   ...
Showing posts 76 - 100 of 767, (reverse)
AuthorThread
01/16/2006 04:46:12 AM · #76
Votes: 13
Views: 18
Avg Vote: 5.3846

Votes: 33
Views: 40
Avg Vote: 5.4545

Votes: 74
Views: 89
Avg Vote: 5.4865

And my voting stats are going to be sky high great pics all:)

Message edited by author 2006-01-16 17:14:07.
01/16/2006 04:59:15 AM · #77
Originally posted by jimmythefish:

Just like last year, though, I'm amazed at the crap some people post as their best shot of the year. There's some good stuff, but there's also some fantastically bad stuff.


I think you are talking about me :))
I got a 4.5 so far :(
01/16/2006 05:05:47 AM · #78
Originally posted by jimmythefish:

Just like last year, though, I'm amazed at the crap some people post as their best shot of the year. There's some good stuff, but there's also some fantastically bad stuff.


Seriously...that's some negative vibe you're putting out with the use of "crap."
01/16/2006 05:07:32 AM · #79
I think I'm going to pull mine. I like it too much to see it suffer like this. If I don't I will always see it as crap image rather than one I love. I remember now why a break from DPC every now and then is a neccesity.
01/16/2006 05:28:40 AM · #80
Originally posted by jimmythefish:

Just like last year, though, I'm amazed at the crap some people post as their best shot of the year. There's some good stuff, but there's also some fantastically bad stuff.


Maybe I'm alone in this, but I uploaded what I thought to be my best shots of the year to my portfolio and did not want to enter any of them for the challenge in case someone recognized it. So, I ended up NOT entering my best of 2005 for the best of 2005 challenge!!!

Message edited by author 2006-01-16 05:30:07.
01/16/2006 05:32:25 AM · #81
With 5 votes I had a 7.4; 13 votes, a 6.07; at 17 votes, a 6.4. One favorite and three positive comments, and then vote #18 was a 4.

I'm no braggart, but come on...

###

Originally posted by wsteyn:


Maybe I'm alone in this, but I uploaded what I thought to be my best shots of the year to my portfolio and did not want to enter any of them for the challenge in case someone recognized it. So, I ended up NOT entering my best of 2005 for the best of 2005 challenge!!!


I may have done the same thing; there's one picture in my portfolio that got 20+ favs in like two days. That would have been the obvious choice, but as you say, it wouldn't seem right to submit that... so I had to pick something different. Like someone else said, maybe it should be called "Second Best of 2005!"
01/16/2006 05:36:35 AM · #82
Originally posted by wsteyn:


Maybe I'm alone in this, but I uploaded what I thought to be my best shots of the year to my portfolio and did not want to enter any of them for the challenge in case someone recognized it. So, I ended up NOT entering my best of 2005 for the best of 2005 challenge!!!


You're not alone.
But my score has gone up to 5.000 again. Only 14 votes but 26 views. Votes are going to come in very slowly with so many entries...
01/16/2006 05:36:36 AM · #83
Originally posted by mycelium:

With 5 votes I had a 7.4; 13 votes, a 6.07; at 17 votes, a 6.4. One favorite and three positive comments, and then vote #18 was a 4.

I'm no braggart, but come on...

###

Originally posted by wsteyn:


Maybe I'm alone in this, but I uploaded what I thought to be my best shots of the year to my portfolio and did not want to enter any of them for the challenge in case someone recognized it. So, I ended up NOT entering my best of 2005 for the best of 2005 challenge!!!


I may have done the same thing; there's one picture in my portfolio that got 20+ favs in like two days. That would have been the obvious choice, but as you say, it wouldn't seem right to submit that... so I had to pick something different. Like someone else said, maybe it should be called "Second Best of 2005!"


Mine's not even the second best. I delete my raw files after i convert to TIFF files with my best images. The one I used was a test shot I had done on December 26th.
01/16/2006 06:27:16 AM · #84
Votes: 22
Views: 31
Avg Vote: 5.5909
Comments: 1
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 01/16/06 06:26 am

Very disappointed. Looks like it's going to be a long two weeks.

01/16/2006 06:30:25 AM · #85
I had two shots to pick from. I picked what I considered to be my best shot using my owm criteria and put aside the other one that probably better fits the narrow DPC "wonder shot" criterias.

Doesn't really bother me though. My mantra for 2006 is to submit images that I like, not images that meet the site formula to a T. Consequemtly, my average score received will probably lower this year, but I'm ok with that. Comments and faves mean more to me anyway.

Good luck everyone. I haven't started voting yet, but I'm sure there are truly wonderous shots in the pile.
01/16/2006 06:56:52 AM · #86
Finally into a 6 score again after the previous challenges.

Votes: 24
Views: 29
Avg Vote: 6.4583
Comments: 0

01/16/2006 07:05:49 AM · #87
I was hoping for higher than this, but it's still early, and I do have a fav already.

Votes: 17
Views: 25
Avg Vote: 5.6471
Comments: 0
Favorites: 1
Wish Lists: 0
01/16/2006 07:17:33 AM · #88
Votes: 26
Views: 35
Avg Vote: 5.1923
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 01/16/06 07:15 am

same as every time :)
Crazy ass good pictures in there!

Message edited by author 2006-01-16 07:18:26.
01/16/2006 07:24:24 AM · #89
Votes: 26
Views: 37
Avg Vote: 6.4231
Comments: 3
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 01/16/06 07:21 am

Thats a decent start...there is a long way to go though...

01/16/2006 07:39:22 AM · #90
You have rated 835 of 836 images (100%) in this challenge.
You have commented on 28 images (3%) in this challenge.
01/16/2006 07:42:10 AM · #91
Well I"m very disappointed in this start. IMHO my entry is a 6+ shot.

Votes: 24
Views: 34
Avg Vote: 5.1667
Comments: 2

MattO
01/16/2006 07:46:25 AM · #92
Originally posted by MattO:

Well I"m very disappointed in this start. IMHO my entry is a 6+ shot.

Votes: 24
Views: 34
Avg Vote: 5.1667
Comments: 2

MattO


ha ha, i know how you feel im on the 4+ score... for this challenge they should make it obligatory to put in comments if you vote after all it is peoples best..
01/16/2006 07:48:59 AM · #93
Originally posted by Pano:

... after all it is peoples best..


I don't believe that. I think, as in my case, that for the most part it is the best of what people had on hand.
01/16/2006 07:51:49 AM · #94
im getting killed so far.. 5.28 range.
01/16/2006 07:54:46 AM · #95
Originally posted by Pano:

ha ha, i know how you feel im on the 4+ score... for this challenge they should make it obligatory to put in comments if you vote after all it is peoples best..


I wouldn't expect a lot off comments on this one. I have 2 faves and only one comment. A lot of work voting on that many entries, I'm almost certain that comments will fall by the side.
01/16/2006 08:28:16 AM · #96
Votes: 24
Views: 38
Avg Vote: 5.2083
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 01/16/06 08:27 am

01/16/2006 08:30:07 AM · #97
Votes: 21
Views: 25
Avg Vote: 5.5714
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 01/16/06 08:27 am


01/16/2006 08:30:42 AM · #98
Votes: 24
Views: 41
Avg Vote: 5.7083

it was 6.5 when i went to bed.
I;m going back to bed.

01/16/2006 08:38:15 AM · #99
Bah humbug!!! ;-)
01/16/2006 08:51:06 AM · #100
Votes: xx
Views: yy
Avg Vote: z.zzzz

Blissfully unaware of my score .... ahhhhh :) It's still a 10 ... it's still a 10 ... it's still a 10 ... it's still a 10...

And I agree wholeheartedly with the general, each photo should be rated on it's own merit - not against the others.
Pages:   ...
Current Server Time: 11/14/2019 01:15:08 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 11/14/2019 01:15:08 AM EST.