DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Best of 2005 scores
Pages:   ... ...
Showing posts 376 - 400 of 767, (reverse)
AuthorThread
01/17/2006 07:51:58 PM · #376
Originally posted by ElGordo:

No tens.


Hmmm, ...perhaps you missed mine.
;)
01/17/2006 08:25:54 PM · #377
Originally posted by DrAchoo:

Day 3 of voting done...180 images. Man, I came really close to finding that 10, but couldn't quite click it. Sorry...


Wow! Really? I found about 9 tens, and about fifteen 9's. Many 8's, a few 7's, and huge amount of 6's, 5's, and 4's. And yes, a few 3's :( But its a good one.

NOW I wish people would take the time to vote on the others now! LOL....Best of has dominated the score boards!

Rose
01/17/2006 09:51:25 PM · #378
Originally posted by Rose8699:

Originally posted by DrAchoo:

Day 3 of voting done...180 images. Man, I came really close to finding that 10, but couldn't quite click it. Sorry...


Wow! Really? I found about 9 tens, and about fifteen 9's. Many 8's, a few 7's, and huge amount of 6's, 5's, and 4's. And yes, a few 3's :( But its a good one.

NOW I wish people would take the time to vote on the others now! LOL....Best of has dominated the score boards!

Rose


I normally just give out three 10s per challenge to designate the 3 I think should ribbon but I'm pretty sure I'll be breaking that rule this time since the field is so diverse and there are so many that are ribbon worthy.
01/17/2006 09:59:20 PM · #379
You have rated 834 of 835 images (100%) in this challenge.
You have commented on 57 images (7%) in this challenge.

ackkkkkk
01/17/2006 10:15:11 PM · #380
Its my friday night, so I guess I will get started later voting and commenting. I look over most of the thumbs, I think we all have our work cut out.
01/18/2006 12:37:23 AM · #381
so my question is...is why are people scoring so low...if it's a technically correct shot...shouldn't it get a higher vote. I already know which shots are probably going to win...but it's all about the best of the best....if it's technically correct isn't it the best? if that makes any since i don't know...just my opinion though!
01/18/2006 12:49:41 AM · #382
Votes: 195
Views: 319
Avg Vote: xxx
Comments: 27
Favorites: 4
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 01/18/06 12:41 am

This is very odd, I have had 27 really good comments and yet the Avg vote still goes down. I need a few 10s please...... NOW! :-) or I am just going to have to sulk a bit.
01/18/2006 05:17:23 AM · #383
It's me again, "sherpet" just letting you know that I have now personally commented on 418 entries in the "Best of 2005" challenge.

Not bad hay, As soon as I have finished this thread, I will go back and comment on some more, as I still have just over 400 more to do. I am only half way, but that ok, as I an enjoying myself...

I feel that if each and everyone took the time to enter, then I shoud at least try and comment on each and everyone. I hope I do it, and you will be the first to know.....
01/18/2006 05:20:44 AM · #384
Normally I keep my mouth shut when I am doing a 6.5+ afraid that I might jinx it but in this challenge I don´t think I will be even in the top 10% so here goes and quite happy with this score. My wife actually wants this hanging up on our wall and the 2 favorites are always a pleasure.

Votes: 195
Views: 309
Avg Vote: 6.6410
Comments: 13
Favorites: 2
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 01/18/06 05:18 am
01/18/2006 05:25:11 AM · #385
Originally posted by sherpet:

It's me again, "sherpet" just letting you know that I have now personally commented on 418 entries in the "Best of 2005" challenge.

Not bad hay, As soon as I have finished this thread, I will go back and comment on some more, as I still have just over 400 more to do. I am only half way, but that ok, as I an enjoying myself...

I feel that if each and everyone took the time to enter, then I shoud at least try and comment on each and everyone. I hope I do it, and you will be the first to know.....


I only hope that when you get to mine you add it to your long list of favorites :) Cannot wait to see your comments... Thanks for your commitment to this mountain of a goal to comment on all entries in the Best of 2005...
01/18/2006 06:05:55 AM · #386
As you know I have no idea whose image I am commenting on. I look forward to when the competition is closed, to be able to see the comment with the photographer name, as thats the best part.

Re favorites: I have a great memory, and won't be adding any images to my favorites yet, as my policy is I add both photographer plus the image at the same time, as it helps me with the connection of them both.

I will definately be adding quite a number so far, at least 10 to 15, and a lot more yet, by the time I have finished viewing and commenting on them all..... Well must get back to the commenting.....

Originally posted by shaver:

Originally posted by sherpet:

It's me again, "sherpet" just letting you know that I have now personally commented on 418 entries in the "Best of 2005" challenge.

Not bad hay, As soon as I have finished this thread, I will go back and comment on some more, as I still have just over 400 more to do. I am only half way, but that ok, as I an enjoying myself...

I feel that if each and everyone took the time to enter, then I shoud at least try and comment on each and everyone. I hope I do it, and you will be the first to know.....


I only hope that when you get to mine you add it to your long list of favorites :) Cannot wait to see your comments... Thanks for your commitment to this mountain of a goal to comment on all entries in the Best of 2005...
01/18/2006 07:07:50 AM · #387
I have now done my 'duty', what an honor to feast one's eyes on so much beauty. It makes me happy to say that I have adjusted most of my 1st round scores upwards. Nobody deserves to feel bad about entering this challenge. Congratulations and best of luck to you all, I hope to see you on the positive side of the 50th%tile..;-).... and a better score than my 2004 entree!

01/18/2006 07:30:50 AM · #388
Originally posted by Larus:

Normally I keep my mouth shut when I am doing a 6.5+ afraid that I might jinx it but in this challenge I don´t think I will be even in the top 10% so here goes and quite happy with this score.

sorry man, the damage is done, it'll go downhill from now on :)
No, it's a good score, and the favs are always very nice. In the end, you're doing this for your own pleasure, so you must like the picture yourself.
01/18/2006 08:38:51 AM · #389
Originally posted by gibun:

I have now done my 'duty', what an honor to feast one's eyes on so much beauty. It makes me happy to say that I have adjusted most of my 1st round scores upwards. Nobody deserves to feel bad about entering this challenge. Congratulations and best of luck to you all, I hope to see you on the positive side of the 50th%tile..;-).... and a better score than my 2004 entree!


Better then your 2004 score Now that would be nice, you almost had a 6. From the fourms the voters this year have not been that kind.

Thanks for your comments Sherpet.

Now everyone go back and look at mine again and give it a bump or two :) - I know you have no way to know what one is mine I'm just having fun with this challenge, hope that you all have a great year in 2006.

Steve
01/18/2006 09:20:18 AM · #390
Originally posted by angela_packard:

so my question is...is why are people scoring so low...if it's a technically correct shot...shouldn't it get a higher vote. I already know which shots are probably going to win...but it's all about the best of the best....if it's technically correct isn't it the best? if that makes any since i don't know...just my opinion though!


I don't think that technically correct implies the best. Art by it's nature is subjective and if a photo conveys emotion, feeling or even "Wow" then that is an important consideration. Technically correct should eliminate a photo from the "bad" category but not necessarily push it in to the "good" category.
01/18/2006 12:18:26 PM · #391
Score: ???
Comments: Stuck at 9

Due to the exceptionally low number of comments I've received (in relation to others that have posted here) I now have extreme major fears that my score hovers, at best, near 5.

And there's still time to guess my score and win a membership. In the immortal words of Bluto, "it don't cost nuthin". Contestants now number 7!
01/18/2006 12:23:23 PM · #392
Originally posted by alfresco:

Score: ???
Comments: Stuck at 9

Due to the exceptionally low number of comments I've received (in relation to others that have posted here) I now have extreme major fears that my score hovers, at best, near 5.

And there's still time to guess my score and win a membership. In the immortal words of Bluto, "it don't cost nuthin". Contestants now number 7!
]

Al...my guess is 5.027
01/18/2006 12:25:11 PM · #393
Originally posted by donniev:

Originally posted by angela_packard:

so my question is...is why are people scoring so low...if it's a technically correct shot...shouldn't it get a higher vote. I already know which shots are probably going to win...but it's all about the best of the best....if it's technically correct isn't it the best? if that makes any since i don't know...just my opinion though!


I don't think that technically correct implies the best. Art by it's nature is subjective and if a photo conveys emotion, feeling or even "Wow" then that is an important consideration. Technically correct should eliminate a photo from the "bad" category but not necessarily push it in to the "good" category.


Guys...I went completely outside the box with my photo and thought it would get better scores than the 4.9 its getting now. Its amazing how fickle people are on this site. They ask you to push the envelop, then put it down because you did.

g
01/18/2006 12:26:01 PM · #394
Votes: 199
Views: 272
Avg Vote: 5.2111
Comments: 9
Favorites: 1
Wish Lists: 0

One of those comments is the nicest I've ever recieved on DPC. Thank you.
01/18/2006 12:33:25 PM · #395
Originally posted by gayle43103:

Originally posted by donniev:

Originally posted by angela_packard:

so my question is...is why are people scoring so low...if it's a technically correct shot...shouldn't it get a higher vote. I already know which shots are probably going to win...but it's all about the best of the best....if it's technically correct isn't it the best? if that makes any since i don't know...just my opinion though!


I don't think that technically correct implies the best. Art by it's nature is subjective and if a photo conveys emotion, feeling or even "Wow" then that is an important consideration. Technically correct should eliminate a photo from the "bad" category but not necessarily push it in to the "good" category.


Guys...I went completely outside the box with my photo and thought it would get better scores than the 4.9 its getting now. Its amazing how fickle people are on this site. They ask you to push the envelop, then put it down because you did.

g


Not to imply I'm refering to YOUR photo but there is a great difference between OoF and soft focus and/or DPC has never been keen on abstract/flower/baby/cats/dogs/macro/kids/cars/sunsets/moonsets/sunrise/etc... :D
01/18/2006 12:41:31 PM · #396
Originally posted by alfresco:

Score: ???
Comments: Stuck at 9

Due to the exceptionally low number of comments I've received (in relation to others that have posted here) I now have extreme major fears that my score hovers, at best, near 5.

And there's still time to guess my score and win a membership. In the immortal words of Bluto, "it don't cost nuthin". Contestants now number 7!


My comments just made it to 10, and my score has stayed high enough to make it on my front page. So, I'm guessing a 6.3174 for you, since "it don't cost nuthin'."

Good luck.
01/18/2006 01:10:08 PM · #397
Votes: 193
Views: 241
Avg Vote: 6.1140
Comments: 5
Favorites: 0

All comments are positive.
Goood!!!
01/18/2006 01:11:24 PM · #398
Al, I'm guessing 6.2144.

Any guesses as to what it will take to win? I'll guess 7.9000.
01/18/2006 01:15:36 PM · #399
Winner will have a very high score, I bet the whole first and maybe 2nd page will be all sevens. I'm very happy, my shot is now back just above 6. I'm only half way done voting, very strong challenge imo...Great Job Everyone!.......ace
01/18/2006 01:30:07 PM · #400
Votes: 205
Views: 298
Avg Vote: :D (nothing spectacular)
Comments: 17
Favorites: 2

lots of great comments to boost my ego ;) and I LOVE the faves :D

Message edited by author 2006-01-18 13:30:36.
Pages:   ... ...
Current Server Time: 05/26/2020 07:37:28 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 05/26/2020 07:37:28 AM EDT.