DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Individual Photograph Discussion >> Half-Dome in B&W
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 19 of 19, (reverse)
AuthorThread
01/12/2006 06:03:09 PM · #1
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/10397/thumb/280125.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/10397/thumb/280125.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Whatcha think about this one?
01/12/2006 06:58:13 PM · #2
Originally posted by Brent_Ward:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/10397/thumb/280125.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/10397/thumb/280125.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Whatcha think about this one?


I'll tell you what I think.....

IT'S AMAZING!
01/12/2006 07:01:48 PM · #3
Very nice image... good composition and tones...

Aaaaaaa... you seen one half-dome, you've seen 'em all. Btw, whatever happened to the other half?
01/12/2006 07:32:50 PM · #4
It looks a lot better in B&W. Great shot. Yosemite is one of my favorite places on earth...so I'm a little biased about anything photographed there!
01/12/2006 07:41:41 PM · #5
Beautiful!!!
01/12/2006 07:43:07 PM · #6
The B&W is fantastic--much better than the color version IMHO. (Not that there's anything wrong with the color version!)
01/12/2006 08:05:38 PM · #7
WOW, Im rarely impressed with Yosemite pics.
You have showed what has been done over and over in a new light. CONGRATS.

Going into my faves.
01/12/2006 08:47:29 PM · #8
Originally posted by stdavidson:

Very nice image... good composition and tones...

Aaaaaaa... you seen one half-dome, you've seen 'em all. Btw, whatever happened to the other half?


If that's a serious question, it was sheared off by the glaciers I believe...

R.
01/12/2006 08:54:08 PM · #9
Awsome pic. A little different view on a well known subject. Did you climb it?
01/12/2006 08:56:19 PM · #10
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Originally posted by stdavidson:

Very nice image... good composition and tones...

Aaaaaaa... you seen one half-dome, you've seen 'em all. Btw, whatever happened to the other half?


If that's a serious question, it was sheared off by the glaciers I believe...

R.


...that's what I've always been told.
01/12/2006 08:58:05 PM · #11
Brent, gorgeous!!! I think I prefer the b&w version, though both are absolutely beautiful. If you ever travel to Yosemite area again and need a shooting buddy let me know. I have a friend who shoots there all the time and does amazing work, as well. Maybe you two could hook up.

Francis: Some of his work.
01/12/2006 09:00:13 PM · #12
Originally posted by ButterflySis:

Brent, gorgeous!!! I think I prefer the b&w version, though both are absolutely beautiful. If you ever travel to Yosemite area again and need a shooting buddy let me know. I have a friend who shoots there all the time and does amazing work, as well. Maybe you two could hook up.

Francis: Some of his work.


He's got nice stuff!!
01/12/2006 09:45:04 PM · #13
Originally posted by Brent_Ward:

He's got nice stuff!!


I know, and so do you!! So anyway, if you head that way and would like a buddy, I'd be happy to hook you two up. :-)
01/13/2006 01:36:21 AM · #14
Originally posted by ButterflySis:

Originally posted by Brent_Ward:

He's got nice stuff!!


I know, and so do you!! So anyway, if you head that way and would like a buddy, I'd be happy to hook you two up. :-)


I'll keep that in mind. :D
01/13/2006 03:00:13 AM · #15
' . substr('//www.kpriest.com/dpchallenge/halfdome_th.jpg', strrpos('//www.kpriest.com/dpchallenge/halfdome_th.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
01/13/2006 03:02:02 AM · #16
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

' . substr('//www.kpriest.com/dpchallenge/halfdome_th.jpg', strrpos('//www.kpriest.com/dpchallenge/halfdome_th.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


;o)
01/13/2006 01:38:59 PM · #17
Originally posted by Brent_Ward:

Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

' . substr('//www.kpriest.com/dpchallenge/halfdome_th.jpg', strrpos('//www.kpriest.com/dpchallenge/halfdome_th.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


;o)


That's the best B&W halfdome shot I've ever seen.
01/13/2006 11:17:42 PM · #18
When I look at your work I get more motivated to try harder......to dream bigger.... to meet my goal of shooting every day and working in psop every day....... I consider you a mentor. When i grow up I want to be...... as good as you. :) thank you for sharing
01/13/2006 11:37:21 PM · #19
Originally posted by MacClavey:

When I look at your work I get more motivated to try harder......to dream bigger.... to meet my goal of shooting every day and working in psop every day....... I consider you a mentor. When i grow up I want to be...... as good as you. :) thank you for sharing


Not sure I can fill shoes that big. I consider myself to have lot's of room for improvement and I'm confused on how to get where I want to be. ;o)

I am alway happy to share knowledge with who ever though, so feel free to ask.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 03/28/2020 11:17:16 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 03/28/2020 11:17:16 PM EDT.