DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Photography Discussion >> Amazing Circles
Pages:  
Showing posts 51 - 75 of 179, (reverse)
AuthorThread
12/17/2005 10:11:53 AM · #51
Originally posted by Giorgio:

How about an Amazing circle challenge?!


Sounds like fun, but it's hardly photography is it?
12/17/2005 10:12:35 AM · #52
Originally posted by Giorgio:

How about an Amazing circle challenge?!

hmmm....well everyone may not have the software, but it would be fun!

Here's one I did from this: ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269885.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269885.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' and circle: ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269886.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269886.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Here's two I did previously with Flexify....not circles but you can do circles/spheres with the plugin:
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269878.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269878.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269879.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269879.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
12/17/2005 10:15:59 AM · #53
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/29490/thumb/269887.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/29490/thumb/269887.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
12/17/2005 10:18:28 AM · #54
Originally posted by Kavey:

These are great! SDW that butterfly one IS great!
I'm guessing the break is something to do with the crop selected but I haven't had it appear in any of mine so I don't know...
Thanks for adding me as a flickr contact autumncat!


You're welcome, Kavey! Thanks for adding me back.

Hmm, not sure about the break - it seems to be in all of mine. I'll see if I can research it.
12/17/2005 10:21:42 AM · #55
Here's one I did about a year ago. The original was a green chrysanthemum.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/15266/thumb/269890.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/15266/thumb/269890.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

12/17/2005 10:26:30 AM · #56
Originally posted by Kavey:

These are great! SDW that butterfly one IS great!
I'm guessing the break is something to do with the crop selected but I haven't had it appear in any of mine so I don't know...
Thanks for adding me as a flickr contact autumncat!

Thank you Kavey. There are some awesome outcomes in this tread. Great job everyone.
12/17/2005 10:37:03 AM · #57
Originally posted by idnic:


' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/15266/thumb/269890.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/15266/thumb/269890.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

That's gorgeous!
12/17/2005 10:58:18 AM · #58
Originally posted by dsmeth:


How did you get rid of the break in it Robert? Mine have that break to.


I believe, but am not positive, that the "break" is a function of how much feathering you set on the selection tool. I'll experiment some more today. That particulkar shot was adjusted on the full-frame image, so there was no feathering by default.

Robt.
12/17/2005 11:06:08 AM · #59
One More...this was done with the Flexify plugin.

Oringal: ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269899.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269899.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' Circle: ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269900.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269900.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
12/17/2005 11:07:46 AM · #60
mine suck compared to everyone else's, but I'm having fun playing
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/29490/thumb/269901.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/29490/thumb/269901.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
12/17/2005 11:09:14 AM · #61
Originally posted by banmorn:

One More...this was done with the Flexify plugin.

Oringal: ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269899.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269899.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' Circle: ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269900.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269900.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


That's nice, but the "spiral" image earlier is absolutely brilliant. It stands alone as an image on its own terms that actually WORKS extremely well for the subject, I can't quite explain it. You're insane if you don't blow that one up and feature it on your wall :-)

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269886.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269886.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Robt.
12/17/2005 11:30:21 AM · #62
Here's a "sunset circle" where the rotation between polar shifts was only 90 degrees...

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/30861/thumb/269905.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/30861/thumb/269905.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Robt.
12/17/2005 11:45:51 AM · #63
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/37961/thumb/270164.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/37961/thumb/270164.jpg', '/') + 1) . '' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/37961/thumb/269907.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/37961/thumb/269907.jpg', '/') + 1) . '' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/37961/thumb/270316.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/37961/thumb/270316.jpg', '/') + 1) . 'Thats Jutilda with her branch/ninja get up.' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/37961/thumb/270318.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/37961/thumb/270318.jpg', '/') + 1) . '' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/37961/thumb/270317.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/37961/thumb/270317.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Message edited by author 2005-12-18 10:24:29.
12/17/2005 11:48:34 AM · #64
Thanks for sharing this process. I messed around with it a little and came up with this one. This was a macro shot of a red rose.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/45672/thumb/269908.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/45672/thumb/269908.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Message edited by author 2005-12-17 11:50:45.
12/17/2005 11:49:58 AM · #65
Originally posted by jahoward:

Thanks for sharing this process. I messed around with it a little and came up with this one. This was a macro shot of a red rose.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/45672/thumb/269908.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/45672/thumb/269908.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


Message edited by author 2005-12-17 11:50:52.
12/17/2005 12:09:54 PM · #66
...OK...I have a little OC disorder...last one....I hope....maybe...AHHHHHH

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269913.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269913.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
12/17/2005 12:12:44 PM · #67
Originally posted by bear_music:


That's nice, but the "spiral" image earlier is absolutely brilliant. It stands alone as an image on its own terms that actually WORKS extremely well for the subject, I can't quite explain it. You're insane if you don't blow that one up and feature it on your wall :-)

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269886.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8891/thumb/269886.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
Robt.


Thanks!
12/17/2005 12:56:35 PM · #68
pretty cool effect!
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/21711/thumb/269919.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/21711/thumb/269919.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
12/17/2005 12:59:43 PM · #69
I'm amazed that no one's used the term "Digital Art" yet ... : )

Great work folks!
12/17/2005 01:02:20 PM · #70
LOL GeneralE, indeed.
Me? I don't care what label people want to use... I just know that making these is fun and that I enjoy viewing other peoples' results too!
12/17/2005 01:20:27 PM · #71
Wow... This one is "a piece of work": I took my "lines" challenge entry, cropped a square out of it, sphereized it, polared it, did some rotating, lost track od what I did next, got this image with a WHITE quatrefoil in the center, called up the spherized version and copied it, pasted it behind a BG copy, punched out the white in the BG copy, *et voila* :-)

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/30861/thumb/269929.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/30861/thumb/269929.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Robt.
12/17/2005 01:34:18 PM · #72
here's my bootiful cat!!

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/9111/thumb/269939.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/9111/thumb/269939.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
12/17/2005 03:12:38 PM · #73
Seeing Banmorn's success with architecture, tried it out on one of my pics.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17033/thumb/249748.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17033/thumb/249748.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17033/thumb/269960.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17033/thumb/269960.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
12/17/2005 04:09:26 PM · #74
Here's my cat! :-)

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/4482/thumb/269975.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/4482/thumb/269975.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
12/17/2005 05:58:59 PM · #75
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/26679/thumb/270021.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/26679/thumb/270021.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

from

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/26679/thumb/152831.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/26679/thumb/152831.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 01/28/2020 02:55:13 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 01/28/2020 02:55:13 AM EST.