DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Challenge Announcements >> "Landscape II" Results Recalculated
Pages:  
Showing posts 51 - 75 of 97, (reverse)
AuthorThread
01/26/2006 06:40:03 PM · #51
Originally posted by rex:

Maybe the results shoud be reposted on the front page. And why did it take this long if you guys require proof submission once the ribbon is won?


I think what S/C is trying to say nicely is that someone is no longer allowed to play any reindeer games...

Message edited by author 2006-01-26 18:40:36.
01/26/2006 07:04:47 PM · #52
once they figured about the EXIF tampering they probably looked at his prior entries where proof was required ( since they had the file ) and re-checked the EXIF...

Originally posted by rex:

Maybe the results shoud be reposted on the front page. And why did it take this long if you guys require proof submission once the ribbon is won?

01/26/2006 07:05:55 PM · #53
i wonder how often this EXIF tampering goes on?

i know i haven't had a camera since last october so... ;}

01/26/2006 07:10:14 PM · #54
Originally posted by soup:

once they figured about the EXIF tampering they probably looked at his prior entries where proof was required ( since they had the file ) and re-checked the EXIF...


Seems to be a logical conclusion.

EXIF tampering would be a sure sign that someone had full intent of cheating and has probably cheated before.
01/26/2006 07:12:57 PM · #55
Originally posted by soup:

i wonder how often this EXIF tampering goes on?


Fortunately, not often. The vast majority of entrants respect their fellow participants enough to play by the rules. Even most disqualifications are honest mistakes.

When it does happen, though, the penalties are severe. blemt.gif

~Terry
01/26/2006 07:13:34 PM · #56
i have been thinking of writing a little code to do the following.
(but have better things to do in life)

Take the photo whenever you want, lets say i took the photo last year. Now i want to enter this week in the challenge. So to do that, i take another photo with exactly same setting as the old one, (photo of anything i wish). Now the code should read the both images and copy the exif data from new to old one and give me third image, that has new dates. It will be difficult to detect this since only exif portion is replaced (with another valid exif) (i think so, but smart people might tell me otherwise)

Originally posted by soup:

i wonder how often this EXIF tampering goes on?

i know i haven't had a camera since last october so... ;}
01/26/2006 07:14:14 PM · #57
Congrats to the ribboners.

Good work SC.
01/26/2006 07:16:26 PM · #58
They already have software that does this.

I shoot all my entries on a 20x24 polaroid view camera that I scan in and apply fake exif entry to. Sure it's a lot of work, but these virtual ribbons sell for a lot on ebay...
01/26/2006 07:18:16 PM · #59
Originally posted by zxaar:

It will be difficult to detect this since only exif portion is replaced (with another valid exif)


I know of a few former DPC participants who thought the same thing.

~Terry
01/26/2006 07:20:14 PM · #60
Originally posted by Brent_Ward:

They already have software that does this.

I shoot all my entries on a 20x24 polaroid view camera that I scan in and apply fake exif entry to. Sure it's a lot of work, but these virtual ribbons sell for a lot on ebay...


Excellent plan! (I was wondering what the benefit of "cheating" here was...) I'm off to go buy myself a ribbon or two...

:-)
01/26/2006 07:23:10 PM · #61
Originally posted by Brent_Ward:

They already have software that does this.

I shoot all my entries on a 20x24 polaroid view camera that I scan in and apply fake exif entry to. Sure it's a lot of work, but these virtual ribbons sell for a lot on ebay...


LOL... good one Brent :-)
01/26/2006 07:36:31 PM · #62
my thinking is time and energy should be spent on something good, rather than spoiling things for others.
and if someone can shoot something that can win ribbon, why can't he do the same during challenge time. This baffles me.

Originally posted by ClubJuggle:

Originally posted by zxaar:

It will be difficult to detect this since only exif portion is replaced (with another valid exif)


I know of a few former DPC participants who thought the same thing.

~Terry
01/26/2006 07:42:01 PM · #63
They shut him down!!!
01/26/2006 07:44:39 PM · #64
Originally posted by zxaar:

my thinking is time and energy should be spent on something good, rather than spoiling things for others.
and if someone can shoot something that can win ribbon, why can't he do the same during challenge time. This baffles me.



I can think of lots of reasons......its still idiotic and I hope they catch every one of ém.
01/26/2006 07:53:14 PM · #65
Originally posted by rex:

They shut him down!!!


Yes, but who is watching for the "new identity" when it comes?
01/26/2006 07:53:42 PM · #66
Originally posted by nshapiro:

Originally posted by rex:

They shut him down!!!


Yes, but who is watching for the "new identity" when it comes?


Big sista!
01/26/2006 07:58:22 PM · #67
you tell 'em Ursula! LOL!
01/26/2006 08:12:25 PM · #68
Hey, just don't get mad at romanians.I'm working hard to get one of those nice&shiny ribbons. Everybody can make mistakes deliberately or not.After all we're only human. :))

George.
01/26/2006 08:13:51 PM · #69
not at romanians in general... just him ;)
01/26/2006 08:31:48 PM · #70
Moves me right up to 28th. WTG me!

R.
01/26/2006 08:40:54 PM · #71
I demand a re-check of the top three from:

//www.dpchallenge.com/challenge_results.php?CHALLENGE_ID=361

Thanks.
01/26/2006 08:57:08 PM · #72
Originally posted by deapee:

I demand a re-check of the top three from:

//www.dpchallenge.com/challenge_results.php?CHALLENGE_ID=361

Thanks.


?
01/26/2006 08:59:47 PM · #73
Originally posted by mycelium:

Originally posted by deapee:

I demand a re-check of the top three from:

//www.dpchallenge.com/challenge_results.php?CHALLENGE_ID=361

Thanks.


?


Take a look at who got 4th in that challenge; I think that will explain it.

~Terry
01/26/2006 09:01:34 PM · #74
Originally posted by ClubJuggle:

Originally posted by mycelium:

Originally posted by deapee:

I demand a re-check of the top three from:

//www.dpchallenge.com/challenge_results.php?CHALLENGE_ID=361

Thanks.


?


Take a look at who got 4th in that challenge; I think that will explain it.

~Terry


No, No, that has nothing to do with it, just want to make sure it's fair ;-)
01/26/2006 09:25:08 PM · #75
Originally posted by deapee:



No, No, that has nothing to do with it, just want to make sure it's fair ;-)


They're all good but Ivo quit so perhaps we should reassign his ribbon?
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 04/24/2019 06:19:31 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 04/24/2019 06:19:31 AM EDT.