|1. A hamlet is a village without a church and a town is not a city until it has a ______.
2. About one-tenth of the earth's surface is permanently covered with _____.
3. According to National Geographic, Mt. Everest grows about _______a year: the two tectonic plates of Asia and India, which collided millions of years ago to form the Himalayas, continue to press against each other, causing the Himalyan peaks to grow slightly each year
4. Alaska and California, with 8 each, are the US states with the most __(3 words)__ _____ _____.
5. All gondolas in Venice, Italy must be painted __(colour)___, unless they belong to a high official.
6. At 840,000 square miles, _(country)_______is the largest island in the world. It is three times the size of Texas. By comparison, Iceland is only 39,800 square miles.
7. __(country)________is an Indian word meaning 'Big Village'.
Iíll post the answers in 10 minutes unless you hosers happen to guess them all right eh.