DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Tips, Tricks, and Q&A >> Photo property question
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 7 of 7, (reverse)
AuthorThread
09/22/2005 12:22:56 PM · #1
I submitted a photo for the beverage challenge and when I right click for properties on it the file size and dates are "unknown". This hasn't happened with any other photos I've uploaded on this site. Anyone know why this is happening? All data is available when I pull it up in PS and on my camera. Thanks in advance.
09/22/2005 12:28:32 PM · #2
I believe non-image info (like EXIF) is stripped from entries during the upload process.
09/22/2005 12:31:59 PM · #3
If I understand the answer to a similar question I had the other day... PhotoShop's Save for Web function also strips the EXIF info. Did you save it different than other times?

(am I right on the removal of the EXIF info with the Save for web option?)
09/22/2005 03:39:35 PM · #4
Originally posted by GeneralE:

I believe non-image info (like EXIF) is stripped from entries during the upload process.


I looked at other entries and the info was still there.


09/22/2005 03:41:06 PM · #5
Originally posted by sabphoto:

If I understand the answer to a similar question I had the other day... PhotoShop's Save for Web function also strips the EXIF info. Did you save it different than other times?

(am I right on the removal of the EXIF info with the Save for web option?)


I didn't use the save for web function. I saved "as a copy". And uploaded directly from my PS folder. This was my first entry for a challenge and the photos in my portfolio were uploaded from a different program.
09/22/2005 04:09:52 PM · #6
Originally posted by angflener:

I submitted a photo for the beverage challenge and when I right click for properties on it the file size and dates are "unknown".


I just checked one of my photos in the 'submission' phase, and the properties are "unavailable". So it's not just yours. But I'm not seeing what the issue is - do you need that info for some reason?
09/22/2005 04:23:58 PM · #7
Thank you for the response. Info not needed, was concerned that if asked to produce original the data wouldn't be seen when sent, since it was apparently "lost" during upload to site.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 08/14/2020 04:31:23 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 08/14/2020 04:31:23 AM EDT.