DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Macro Outtakes
Pages:  
Showing posts 26 - 50 of 60, (reverse)
AuthorThread
11/11/2002 07:26:59 PM · #26
Originally posted by byetko:
These were the macro outtakes I had this week. I ended up using the very first shot I took which was completely different from these outtakes. Let me know what you think.

Asti 1
Asti 2
Asti 3


those shots are quite interesting... mainly for the fact that the word asti almost looks like it's floating over the label and not really a part of the label... kinda neat

11/11/2002 07:47:27 PM · #27
Some of my Outtakes

Maybe I chose poorly :-( based on my scores this week so far but my cats were very happy for the effort!!
11/12/2002 02:00:24 PM · #28
HERE ARE THE IMAGES which I did not submit for macro.

I may not have submitted the best choice in terms of score but the shot I did turn in is one i am very happy with.

However, it would be interesting to hear what would people would have rated any of these outtake images :) >> ... THX ....
11/12/2002 02:05:58 PM · #29
brained<<<What is that? <g>
Nice photo's, I love the jack.

11/12/2002 02:13:01 PM · #30
that is closeup of a grapefruit sized nonedible fruit called an osage orange or an 'ugli fruit' ..

Check It Out : )

Originally posted by justine:
brained<<<What is that? <g>
Nice photo's, I love the jack.

11/12/2002 02:46:45 PM · #31
Originally posted by magnetic9999:
that is closeup of a grapefruit sized nonedible fruit called an osage orange or an 'ugli fruit' ..

Check It Out : )


Great link to interesting botanical info! I'll add it to my list of "natural" insect repellents.
11/12/2002 02:52:06 PM · #32
Originally posted by magnetic9999:
that is closeup of a grapefruit sized nonedible fruit called an osage orange or an 'ugli fruit' ..

Check It Out : )

Originally posted by justine:
[i]brained<<<What is that? <g>
Nice photo's, I love the jack.

[/i]


Fantastic.I Lean something everyday. Great info Magnetic. Thanks
11/12/2002 03:24:53 PM · #33
Amazingly enough, no outtakes for me. I had some ideas in mind to try, but while I was out doing other things, I took one picture on a lark to see how it would turn out. After I got it home and saw it on the monitor, I decided to just go with that.

So far, I've had some really great comments. The numbers don't indicate that I am in any danger of winning, but to be in the top 100 would be plenty good for me.
11/12/2002 07:01:30 PM · #34












* This message has been edited by the author on 11/12/2002 7:44:54 PM.
11/12/2002 07:15:14 PM · #35
Originally posted by magnetic9999:
that is closeup of a grapefruit sized nonedible fruit called an osage orange or an 'ugli fruit' ..

Check It Out : )

Originally posted by justine:
[i]brained<<<What is that? <g>
Nice photo's, I love the jack.

[/i]


awe mag ya got it all wrong... down here in Texas we call those bodark apples, or horse apples :o) I took a pic of one too... but think I deleted it because I did not like the out come.. however I think I still have a pic of where I found it... when I toook the shot I thought it might be interesting, but instead turned out kinda bland... here check it out...
Bodarks
these strange yellow apples have a unique use. You can chop them up and put them around and under your house... they act as an all natural roach repellent... hey there's an idea for the tech challenge!
11/12/2002 08:42:43 PM · #36
Originally posted by magnetic9999:
HERE ARE THE IMAGES which I did not submit for macro.

I may not have submitted the best choice in terms of score but the shot I did turn in is one i am very happy with.

However, it would be interesting to hear what would people would have rated any of these outtake images :) >> ... THX ....



I like "Brained"...Interesting patterns and colors. good luck in this challenge.

My Photos

11/12/2002 09:06:39 PM · #37
Here are a few macro shots I took last week, but didn't think to enter (didn't have time).
11/12/2002 10:10:11 PM · #38
i am really blown away by the quality of people's outtakes :)

i did not see one set in this bunch that didn't have a shot that impressed me.

i find macro photography is a lot of fun and i'm very glad that so many other people here also had as much fun with it as I did !

thanks for the show n tell ...
11/12/2002 10:34:31 PM · #39
<<awe mag ya got it all wrong... down here in Texas we call those bodark apples, or horse apples>>

Huh, funny, where I come from "horse apples" has an entirely different meaning. ;-)
11/15/2002 03:33:32 PM · #40
I think I like seeing the outtakes as much as I like seeing the entries. Some really good stuff here.

Unfortunately, despite this being once challenge I was pretty sure I could meet, my computer chose Saturday afternoon to take a dive. I got back online shortly before midnight, with not enough time to even go through my many (50+) shots and make a decision.

I put these up today.

Comments, if you have time, are appreciated.
11/15/2002 06:44:04 PM · #41
Originally posted by jlr:
I put these up today.

Comments, if you have time, are appreciated.


I like the rust one the most.



11/15/2002 10:37:31 PM · #42
Originally posted by Azrifel:
Originally posted by jlr:
[i]I put these up today.

Comments, if you have time, are appreciated.


I like the rust one the most.



[/i]

Thanks. Actually, when I previewed that one right after taking it I decided that it was definitely in the running.
11/16/2002 02:47:22 AM · #43
I´m having a really bad week with my entry this week. Round 4,3 and it´s my own fault for choosing the wrong shot.
Here´s some other photos I had to choose between:
Carstens macro-outtakes

* This message has been edited by the author on 11/16/2002 3:12:28 AM.
11/16/2002 10:30:25 AM · #44
carsten: the water hole is really excellent! what is the color from?
i also feel i should have submitted a different picture (the outtake called 'brained' on my linkj above).

jkr: i like nuts then rust in that order : ) .. something about the nuts are very strong compositionally for me.

Originally posted by carsten:
I´m having a really bad week with my entry this week. Round 4,3 and it´s my own fault for choosing the wrong shot.
Here´s some other photos I had to choose between:
[url=//www.pbase.com/cabe47/macro]Carstens macro-outtakes[/link


11/16/2002 10:48:58 AM · #45
Originally posted by magnetic9999:
carsten: the water hole is really excellent! what is the color from?

I had a bowl with water and a red dishcloth inside it. That made the red colour.
Yes youre right your "brained" is really good.

* This message has been edited by the author on 11/16/2002 10:50:54 AM.
11/16/2002 11:00:18 AM · #46
wow. so simple. yet so effective.

i can't wait to see what you did submit.


:0)

Originally posted by carsten:
Originally posted by magnetic9999:
[i]carsten: the water hole is really excellent! what is the color from?


I had a bowl with water and a red dishcloth inside it. That made the red colour.
Yes youre right your "brained" is really good[/i]

11/16/2002 11:37:57 AM · #47
Carsten: I really liked both waterhole and coloured pens. Good stuff!
11/16/2002 07:05:03 PM · #48
as usual mine are up too.. check the signature...
11/16/2002 10:54:54 PM · #49
Does anyone else find it distracting when outtakes are posted immediately at the outset of the challenge? It seems to me they detract and divert atention from the actually-entered photos.

I think outtakes are best posted just after the conclusion of voting on a particular challenge, when comparisons with the now-rated photos are more relevant and discussion can be open instead of pseudo-anonymous.
11/16/2002 11:16:32 PM · #50
I dunno. I think it's kind of fun to post and see outtakes at the start of the challenge while the topic is still "hot". By the end of the week, most people are pretty much bored with it and excited with the upcoming week's topic and voting.

Just my $.02 ... $.0314 Canadian. :)


Originally posted by GeneralE:
Does anyone else find it distracting when outtakes are posted immediately at the outset of the challenge? It seems to me they detract and divert atention from the actually-entered photos.

I think outtakes are best posted just after the conclusion of voting on a particular challenge, when comparisons with the now-rated photos are more relevant and discussion can be open instead of pseudo-anonymous.



Pages:  
Current Server Time: 01/25/2020 09:56:16 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 01/25/2020 09:56:16 AM EST.