DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> Prints for Katrina Victims
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 190, (reverse)
AuthorThread
08/31/2005 11:59:40 AM · #1
Now that Drew and Langdon are making such a centralized effort to raise money for Katrina victims, that is also very easy for all DPCers to participate in, I have decided to discontinue the katrinaprints.com site. Thanks to all of you who participated in that site, but DPC Prints is simply able to accomplish much more with the site that they already have in place than I can with a new site that requires people to upload all their photos again. If you haven't signed up for this worthy cause yet, please check the box on the dpchallenge.com home page to donate your print sales as well. Thank you! :-)

Message edited by author 2005-09-03 16:51:30.
08/31/2005 12:52:34 PM · #2
very noble gesture, Phillip! i'll follow suit and make the same pledge.
My Prints
08/31/2005 12:55:18 PM · #3
Me three.
08/31/2005 12:58:59 PM · #4
Me FOUR!!!!
08/31/2005 01:01:15 PM · #5
Me Five

I will also buy two prints from someone here that has offered their prints for the cause.
08/31/2005 01:04:09 PM · #6
I don't have prints, but I sure can buy stuff! (Just ask my husband, lol)

Great idea everyone :)

~Laura
08/31/2005 01:12:23 PM · #7
Thanks, everyone. :-) Most of our family still lives in New Orleans and all of them have lost everything. As soon as we hear that they're all alive, we'll be ecstatic. Until then, this is just one small way to help out all of the victims of this incredible tragedy.

How are you and your family doing, Sher?

Message edited by author 2005-08-31 13:14:18.
08/31/2005 01:16:18 PM · #8
Me Six!

(I've only had prints up for a few weeks and havn't ever sold any, but I'd be very happy if any did sell so I could donate that to the cause! )

Message edited by author 2005-08-31 13:58:04.
08/31/2005 01:19:25 PM · #9
Originally posted by PhilipDyer:

Thanks, everyone. :-) Most of our family still lives in New Orleans and all of them have lost everything. As soon as we hear that they're all alive, we'll be ecstatic. Until then, this is just one small way to help out all of the victims of this incredible tragedy.

How are you and your family doing, Sher?


we're all doing fine, Phillip...thanks for asking! *hug* i'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers!


08/31/2005 01:36:12 PM · #10
I would be more than happy to add mine also.

I'll probably be checking out some to buy as well. This is a wonderful idea. I'll be donating to the Red Cross as well. Thanks for thinking of it. :-)

Message edited by author 2005-08-31 15:19:21.
08/31/2005 01:39:21 PM · #11
Such a great idea!
08/31/2005 01:40:07 PM · #12
I have no prints to sell for the cause but I will be making a donation at the WNBA Playoff game Thursday. See here:

Fund Drive for New Orleans

100 percent of the proceeds go to supporting the New Orleans-based Franklin Avenue Baptist Churchís hurricane relief efforts. Janell Burse (one of our players), a New Orleans native and Tulane alum, selected the recipient of the organizationís combined fundraising efforts.

Hope everyone donates what they can. Those people are going to need it and more in the coming months.

Message edited by author 2005-08-31 13:40:29.
08/31/2005 01:41:39 PM · #13
I truly think this is a wonderful idea!!!

And you can COUNT ME IN!!!.

I'll be donating to the American Red Cross.

Message edited by author 2005-08-31 13:42:09.
08/31/2005 01:43:25 PM · #14
Originally posted by kosmikkreeper:


I'll be donating to the American Red Cross.


Probably the easiest way to donate. I will send mine here as well.
08/31/2005 01:48:37 PM · #15
Originally posted by PhilipDyer:

Through the end of September, I'm going to donate all of the proceeds from my print sales to help the victims of Katrina. If anyone is interested, please visit my DPCPrints gallery to check out the photos.

If you don't want any of those prints, please consider donating whatever you can to the charity of your choice or even add your prints to this effort.

Thanks!


In a humble gesture, I've just bought one of your prints, named "Pigeon Point Panorama" 30 x 6 Matte Panoramic image for the price of $15.00.

I've recently had problems with my credit card billing, and international purchases. I hope everything goes well this time!
Plz keep us posted about the donations!!!!
08/31/2005 01:51:08 PM · #16
I've never been involved with a more generous and truly caring group of people than all of the members here at DPC. Thanks for all the links and offers for help. If anyone finds more ways to contribute to the victims of this storm, please post them here so everyone will know how to help in the way that suits them best.

Thank you!
08/31/2005 02:15:28 PM · #17
Originally posted by scuds:

Originally posted by PhilipDyer:

Through the end of September, I'm going to donate all of the proceeds from my print sales to help the victims of Katrina. If anyone is interested, please visit my DPCPrints gallery to check out the photos.

If you don't want any of those prints, please consider donating whatever you can to the charity of your choice or even add your prints to this effort.

Thanks!


In a humble gesture, I've just bought one of your prints, named "Pigeon Point Panorama" 30 x 6 Matte Panoramic image for the price of $15.00.

I've recently had problems with my credit card billing, and international purchases. I hope everything goes well this time!
Plz keep us posted about the donations!!!!


Scuds,

I am guessing you went through my link to get that print. well thanks and the $3.00 made from referal will be given to the charity as well.
08/31/2005 02:30:46 PM · #18
Originally posted by rex:

Originally posted by scuds:

Originally posted by PhilipDyer:

Through the end of September, I'm going to donate all of the proceeds from my print sales to help the victims of Katrina. If anyone is interested, please visit my DPCPrints gallery to check out the photos.

If you don't want any of those prints, please consider donating whatever you can to the charity of your choice or even add your prints to this effort.

Thanks!


In a humble gesture, I've just bought one of your prints, named "Pigeon Point Panorama" 30 x 6 Matte Panoramic image for the price of $15.00.

I've recently had problems with my credit card billing, and international purchases. I hope everything goes well this time!
Plz keep us posted about the donations!!!!


Scuds,

I am guessing you went through my link to get that print. well thanks and the $3.00 made from referal will be given to the charity as well.


Yeah I did, thought it would be helpfull as well!
Weeeee, 15 bucks for the cause, plus $3.00 from Jim's referral link. I know it's not much, but that's what I can afford right now!
C'mon guys, keep those printers moving!!!!Lets buy those prints. The victims need you....
08/31/2005 03:17:35 PM · #19
I too will be donating to the Red Cross

great idea!
08/31/2005 04:26:40 PM · #20
.......................
08/31/2005 04:36:36 PM · #21
There is a really strong chance that our very own Julia Bailey aka girgirgirl's house is under water. I'm told that she lives within walking distance of the stadium. She's currently in Texas holed up in a hotel with 10 others and 4 dogs.

If you're looking to keep the money within DCP she'd be a good cause.
08/31/2005 05:01:03 PM · #22
Originally posted by debitipton:

There is a really strong chance that our very own Julia Bailey aka girgirgirl's house is under water. I'm told that she lives within walking distance of the stadium. She's currently in Texas holed up in a hotel with 10 others and 4 dogs.

If you're looking to keep the money within DCP she'd be a good cause.


From the recent news it looks like she will be homeless for some time. They are making a mandatory full evactuation of the city and expect it to last months. We have other members there also. I'm in for any special effort to help them inlcuding offering my modest guest house (no full cooking facility but very livable) for those who may need it. It is quite far away (Washington State) but it is availalbe.

Please feel free to e-mail me directly.
08/31/2005 05:23:25 PM · #23
I was going to buy one of the prints, but the shippingcost to Iceland is from $39 to $179, that will not go to charity...

the "Prints" should be available to buy as a TIFF image ready for print so we foreighners can buy them for a reasonable price and print them at home.


08/31/2005 05:27:23 PM · #24
Originally posted by DanSig:

I was going to buy one of the prints, but the shippingcost to Iceland is from $39 to $179, that will not go to charity...

the "Prints" should be available to buy as a TIFF image ready for print so we foreighners can buy them for a reasonable price and print them at home.


it cost me 11 bucks, to have it delivered in Brasil.
08/31/2005 05:28:11 PM · #25
Originally posted by DanSig:

I was going to buy one of the prints, but the shippingcost to Iceland is from $39 to $179, that will not go to charity...

the "Prints" should be available to buy as a TIFF image ready for print so we foreighners can buy them for a reasonable price and print them at home.


well .. I would be willing to email the image in a JPG - print quality image - if someone wanted to do that ... and I have a paypal account and the cost of the print could be sent that way ... just email me if you are interested
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 11/23/2020 08:23:57 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 11/23/2020 08:23:57 PM EST.