DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Challenge Results >> Heida - the gauntlet!
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 75, (reverse)
AuthorThread
08/08/2005 02:38:30 AM · #1
First, a few records Heida DOESN'T have.

1) Highest average with more than 3 challenges entered: 6.77 by Kiwiness (you're at 6.5 before the updates)

2) Most blue ribbons: 10 by Kiwiness (you're at 9)

3) Most total ribbons: 22 by JJBeguin (you're at 18)

Second, could SOMEONE PLEASE beat her? lol

GO KNIT! (inside joke)

M
08/08/2005 03:18:50 AM · #2
33 views and not one person either accepted the challenge of beating Heida singlehandedly OR told me I'm a twit and that it can't be done? Huh!

Alright Heida, you're ON. I'm going to beat you head to head before the year is up!

M
08/08/2005 03:27:59 AM · #3
Which means what? Beat her shot in ONE challenge? Or have more than 9 blue / 18 total ribbons by year end? Now THAT's a task! LOL.

Robt.
08/08/2005 03:34:06 AM · #4
Only 4 of her last 25 entries have NOT finished in the top 5. 13 of them ribboned. On the other hand, that's 25 entries in 14 months, so Heida's very selective in what she enters. People like me just throw weirdness up there to see if it sticks; people like Heida are much more focused, and it shows in her results :-)

Robt.
08/08/2005 03:34:55 AM · #5
I just mean I'll beat her in ONE challenge by the end of the year - c'mon, I'm not THAT good. lol

M
08/08/2005 03:35:07 AM · #6
Rafael: "Michelangelo, eat your heart out! I'm gonna beat you on both the number of paintings and total square footage!"

Why don't you guys concentrate on taking great photos as Heida does, and stop counting votes and ribbons. Photography should be, and remain, art, not a field sport.

IMHO.

Message edited by author 2005-08-08 03:38:41.
08/08/2005 03:39:31 AM · #7
This is Davrik vs. Goliatheida. I have only three top 10 finishes EVER. She's got three blues in the last month or so. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
08/08/2005 03:43:48 AM · #8
If you want a ribbon, swing some fire around :)
08/08/2005 03:46:08 AM · #9
That didn't beat her this time!
08/08/2005 04:08:58 AM · #10
True.. got close though ;)
Hell If it gets my a 2nd or 3rd. Ill tame the flames ;)
08/08/2005 06:49:34 AM · #11
Originally posted by mavrik:

First, a few records Heida DOESN'T have.

1) Highest average with more than 3 challenges entered: 6.77 by Kiwiness (you're at 6.5 before the updates)

2) Most blue ribbons: 10 by Kiwiness (you're at 9)

3) Most total ribbons: 22 by JJBeguin (you're at 18)

Second, could SOMEONE PLEASE beat her? lol

GO KNIT! (inside joke)

M


Heida is an unstoppable machine.

Just thought I'd point out that the highest average with more than three challenges entered belongs to Joshuamli at 6.98. Of course Kiwiness has the highest of anyone who has entered more than ten.
08/08/2005 06:50:58 AM · #12
and four ribbons in a row has gotta be about the best streak this site has seen - though Heida did have seven images score about 7.00 in a row at one point.
08/08/2005 09:01:55 AM · #13
Does she even know this thread is here. Or are you going to try to beat her by not telling her there's a challenge :)
08/08/2005 09:04:55 AM · #14
four ribbons in a row can be beaten! :-D
08/08/2005 10:03:18 AM · #15
Originally posted by samtrundle:

Just thought I'd point out that the highest average with more than three challenges entered belongs to Joshuamli at 6.98.


Ok, you're right - I wasn't counting Joshuamli because his first FIVE challenges had less than 100 entrants to go against. It's like saying Michael Jordan vs. George Mikan would have been close. ;)

M
08/08/2005 10:57:05 AM · #16
Originally posted by lissylou:

Does she even know this thread is here. Or are you going to try to beat her by not telling her there's a challenge :)


She's been PM'd with the thread link. I'm feeling a little like the village soldier being sent off to stop an invading army, but here goes nuttin!
08/08/2005 11:26:22 AM · #17
Some of it may be location, but I believe what happens is that people pick up her style when voting and either knownlingly or not, vote it high due to it being a 'heida' shot. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, she has a lot of great images, but she does have a very telling style that is noticable to most as something they've seen before and like.

If the voters like it, then I guess we all need to move to where she lives, and learn the burn tool ;-)

-danny
08/08/2005 11:46:36 AM · #18
Yeah well - I have a gameplan if that's what you're saying. ;)

I think you should join the team of photogs determined to stop this reign of terror!

M
08/08/2005 11:59:17 AM · #19
Originally posted by mavrik:

33 views and not one person either accepted the challenge of beating Heida singlehandedly OR told me I'm a twit and that it can't be done? Huh!

Alright Heida, you're ON. I'm going to beat you head to head before the year is up!

M

All right. I'm in. I'll beat her too.

Here's there must be rules and here they are:

1. She must stop entering contests;
2. I'm allowed to enter all contests;
3. I'm allowed to have "ghost" accounts so I can vote for myself;

With this simple set of rules, I should have her beat.

By 2020.

Message edited by author 2005-08-08 12:00:00.
08/08/2005 12:47:54 PM · #20
[quote=aboutimage]All right. I'm in. I'll beat her too./quote]

It's too bad she didn't enter tools of the trade ;)

M
08/08/2005 02:39:32 PM · #21
From Heida's biography...

Biography: I´m a sucker for photography!
Hope to go to school and learn it properly some day :)
I have learned unbelievably much since I found this site,
Still I know unbelievably little...


Forget about learning it properly, you should be teaching it! I'd sign-up for that class!

Message edited by author 2005-08-08 14:39:51.
08/08/2005 03:18:20 PM · #22
Originally posted by mavrik:

[quote=aboutimage]All right. I'm in. I'll beat her too./quote]

It's too bad she didn't enter tools of the trade ;)

M

'tis the only way I had a chance ;-)
08/08/2005 03:33:08 PM · #23
Originally posted by Didymus:

Rafael: "Michelangelo, eat your heart out! I'm gonna beat you on both the number of paintings and total square footage!"

Why don't you guys concentrate on taking great photos as Heida does, and stop counting votes and ribbons. Photography should be, and remain, art, not a field sport.

IMHO.


But if we made it into a contact sport....THEN we'd have some marketability.
08/08/2005 03:53:01 PM · #24
oh nice thread going on here
Well I do agree with Didymus that its about art not ribbons or scores, some of the best photographers here have very few or no ribbons
Stop counting ribbons and go shoot!
hehe mavrik its very easy to beat my I have entered 81 challenges and I have won 9
If you count that its more difficault to beat kiwiness who has entered 58 and won 10 So everybody try to beat him! :D
08/08/2005 06:50:47 PM · #25
More than other photographers trying to beat her in a dpc challenge, a real challenge for heida would be to try to break out of her very successful, but somewhat repetitive, style; and to enter something different. Her present style has gotten her wide acceptance from dpc voters. How much more needs to be proved using the same type of images?

A real challenge for heida would be for her to try to win a blue ribbon without using dodge & burn. Maybe in Basic, and maybe something that has a lot of bright colors in it; something that evokes a mood more cheerful and less dark and gloomy. Something that doesn't make you think that it was done by one of our Icelandic members when you see it. That would be more of a "gauntlet" than other dpc'ers saying that they are going to beat her in a challenge.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 01/15/2021 09:44:41 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 01/15/2021 09:44:41 AM EST.