DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Stock Photography >> stock photography & making money
Pages:   ...
Showing posts 76 - 100 of 351, (reverse)
AuthorThread
05/21/2005 06:17:32 AM · #76
Originally posted by PhotosByAyme:

Originally posted by melking23:

Originally posted by PhotosByAyme:

ahhh 2 weeks! i have to wait up till 2 weeks to see if i have been approved for istock ... is that the normal turn around time for waiting for images to be approved? or is it cause it's the samples application thing ... thanks a bunch!


Yes it takes a little while to get approved at Istock, so signup with some other sites while you are waiting, the other sites don't take very long to get approved


Did you get any Images on these sites yet?
thanks ... i submitted to shutterstock and dreamstime last night too :)

05/23/2005 04:18:40 PM · #77
woohoo i'm on shutterstock and dreamstime ... made a $1.00 on shutterstock - woohoo - since may 21st!

... nothing yet with dreamstime ...

cfdesignz is my sign-on for dreamstime
amy k halucha is my name for shutterstock - and the plug is in my signature... :)

i have 18 images pending for shutterstock
i have 20 images pending for dreamstime

i was busy this weekend ... gotta love dial-up! :)

Message edited by author 2005-05-23 16:38:19.
05/23/2005 04:45:46 PM · #78
05/23/2005 05:28:54 PM · #79
Originally posted by PhotosByAyme:

woohoo i'm on shutterstock and dreamstime ... made a $1.00 on shutterstock - woohoo - since may 21st!

... nothing yet with dreamstime ...

cfdesignz is my sign-on for dreamstime
amy k halucha is my name for shutterstock - and the plug is in my signature... :)

i have 18 images pending for shutterstock
i have 20 images pending for dreamstime

i was busy this weekend ... gotta love dial-up! :)


That is a great start, keep uploading, I love the photo of the baby eating Cake! Great stuff
05/23/2005 05:42:25 PM · #80
what I want to know is do they credit you? That seems pretty important to me...
05/23/2005 06:40:35 PM · #81
Originally posted by melking23:

Originally posted by PhotosByAyme:

woohoo i'm on shutterstock and dreamstime ... made a $1.00 on shutterstock - woohoo - since may 21st!

... nothing yet with dreamstime ...

cfdesignz is my sign-on for dreamstime
amy k halucha is my name for shutterstock - and the plug is in my signature... :)

i have 18 images pending for shutterstock
i have 20 images pending for dreamstime

i was busy this weekend ... gotta love dial-up! :)


That is a great start, keep uploading, I love the photo of the baby eating Cake! Great stuff


thanks :) - she has had more hits in the last 2 days than all my others ... i have a couple more - different angles that i may submit - really cute profile shot ... i'll probably upload about 5 more tonite on shutterstock .. so far that has had more exposure - like you said melissa .. thanks for all the help and encouragement :)
05/23/2005 06:52:35 PM · #82
Originally posted by PhotosByAyme:


thanks :) - she has had more hits in the last 2 days than all my others ... i have a couple more - different angles that i may submit - really cute profile shot ... i'll probably upload about 5 more tonite on shutterstock .. so far that has had more exposure - like you said melissa .. thanks for all the help and encouragement :)


I am glad to help you anytime! and You don't need encouragemant you have great photos!
05/23/2005 08:11:21 PM · #83


again,
do they give you photocredit?
:0)

05/23/2005 08:53:10 PM · #84
Originally posted by oOWonderBreadOo:

again,
do they give you photocredit?
:0)


The photographer name is listed as the copyright holder on the photograph's page. People who download the image do not need to give credit to the photographer when they use it.
05/23/2005 09:11:45 PM · #85
Aarrgh! I'm hoping to get a little help here....I signed up for shutterstock and submitted about 25 photos, ALL of which were rejected, mostly due to artifacts visible at a large size. I'm going out of my mind trying to figure out what to do about it! I've set my camera to 100 ISO to try and reduce noise as much as possible, I use NeatImage, and I have my settings to the highest resolution and the best quality I have! Resolution is set to 2048x1536 and quality is at finest.

Is my camera just not good enough to have the kind of clarity they're looking for? Is there some software I can try that would help remove artifacts?

I'm just at a loss and very disappointed. I was SO excited to try this out and it doesn't seem to be working for me....

Any help or suggestions would be GREAT. Thanks.
05/23/2005 09:48:32 PM · #86
Post one ladyhawk and let everyone have a go at it.
05/23/2005 09:54:09 PM · #87
Originally posted by sofapez:

Post one ladyhawk and let everyone have a go at it.


Ok, it's not the most INTERESTING photo :-) But my library is a little disorganized at the moment. At any rate, I didn't crop this image at all and submitted it at the highest resolution. Yeah, it's a turkey ;-)

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/35513/thumb/181369.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/35513/thumb/181369.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Am I doing something wrong when I save? I'm on a Mac and generally save in Photoshop to the highest quality...but I've heard mention of "Save to Web"...is that a better idea? So lost...thanks for the help!
05/23/2005 10:44:46 PM · #88
You'll need to post a 100% crop of the image. At that size we're not going to see any artifacts. It could be noise or it could be the artifacts that NI introduces or even the way the same the files.

I normally just use Save as and use the highest quality 12.
05/23/2005 11:50:44 PM · #89
Originally posted by ladyhawk22:



Is my camera just not good enough to have the kind of clarity they're looking for? Is there some software I can try that would help remove artifacts?


About 80% of my Shutterstock pictures were taken with my Sony DSC s70 which has even less settings then your camera. So images from your camera can definitely be accepted.

The other 20% of the images were taken with my Panasonic Z3 which also makes images at 3 megapixels. A tiny bit of NeatImage can help out with noise.
05/23/2005 11:54:30 PM · #90
Originally posted by ladyhawk22:


' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/35513/thumb/181369.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/35513/thumb/181369.jpg', '/') + 1) . '



Reject could possibly be the overexposed background <shrug>
05/24/2005 12:55:12 AM · #91
Originally posted by moodville:

You'll need to post a 100% crop of the image. At that size we're not going to see any artifacts. It could be noise or it could be the artifacts that NI introduces or even the way the same the files.

I normally just use Save as and use the highest quality 12.


Ok, is this what you mean by a 100% crop? (sorry to sound dumb, still a noobie!)

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/35513/thumb/181369.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/35513/thumb/181369.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Also, faidoi, thank you for restoring faith in my camera! I am (like everyone on here!) saving for a better one, but it's a slow road and I was hoping to make some money doing stock photos to help pay for it eventually.

Thanks everyone for your help!
05/24/2005 12:59:19 AM · #92
Aha, i've just perhaps had a breakthrough as well. I'm currently using the demo of NeatImage, so I have to downsize every shot before I run that filter, and then bring it BACK up to the original size. I noticed (I think) that if I resize it too small, run the filter, and then bring it back up that I CAN see some pixelation.

Does this sound right to anyone? Or am I just crazy?
05/24/2005 02:41:36 AM · #93

don't crop the tailfeathers- they were interesting!
maybe you need a new thread for this lil guy :0)

05/24/2005 02:47:33 AM · #94
Originally posted by ladyhawk22:

Aha, i've just perhaps had a breakthrough as well. I'm currently using the demo of NeatImage, so I have to downsize every shot before I run that filter, and then bring it BACK up to the original size. I noticed (I think) that if I resize it too small, run the filter, and then bring it back up that I CAN see some pixelation.

Does this sound right to anyone? Or am I just crazy?

That will almost certainly be your problem - once you've sized it down you've thrown away a ton of image data and sizing back up can't recover that.

I suspect you'd be much better off not using Neat Image at all if you don't want to pay out for the full-size handling version.
05/24/2005 07:15:57 AM · #95
Originally posted by ladyhawk22:

Aha, i've just perhaps had a breakthrough as well. I'm currently using the demo of NeatImage, so I have to downsize every shot before I run that filter, and then bring it BACK up to the original size. I noticed (I think) that if I resize it too small, run the filter, and then bring it back up that I CAN see some pixelation.

Does this sound right to anyone? Or am I just crazy?


Never downsize a image like Gander said! I use Neat image all the time! and it is the demo version to! I don't have to downsize to get it to work

Melissa
05/24/2005 07:25:07 AM · #96
I'm surprised to hear that you use the demo version, Melissa - the demo will only (from memory) output jpg (and fixed quality jpg at that) where the full version will save to 48-bit TIFF, which is my normal work format.

Don't think I could handle the limited batching either :-)
05/24/2005 11:25:32 AM · #97
Originally posted by ganders:

I'm surprised to hear that you use the demo version, Melissa - the demo will only (from memory) output jpg (and fixed quality jpg at that) where the full version will save to 48-bit TIFF, which is my normal work format.

Don't think I could handle the limited batching either :-)


hehe, I use JPG format and I don't do batching either...

Melissa
05/24/2005 12:37:07 PM · #98
ahh this waiting for approval is almost as bad as the update button here at dpc!
05/24/2005 12:51:25 PM · #99
Originally posted by PhotosByAyme:

ahh this waiting for approval is almost as bad as the update button here at dpc!


If you upload a few a day then you wont notice the wait so much. You'll be constantly getting approvals (or denials). You dont have to wait until your images are approved before uploading your next set.
05/24/2005 01:00:52 PM · #100
Originally posted by moodville:

Originally posted by PhotosByAyme:

ahh this waiting for approval is almost as bad as the update button here at dpc!


If you upload a few a day then you wont notice the wait so much. You'll be constantly getting approvals (or denials). You dont have to wait until your images are approved before uploading your next set.


yeah i know - i'm just starting out - i'm uploading about 5-10 a day :) and being anxious
Pages:   ...
Current Server Time: 10/22/2020 11:55:14 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 10/22/2020 11:55:14 AM EDT.