DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Administrator Announcements >> <24 Hour Challenge?
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 15 of 15, (reverse)
AuthorThread
04/01/2003 07:39:38 AM · #1
Practical Jokes was scheduled last night, but apparently didn't take. So consider it a 16 hour challenge. =/
04/01/2003 07:56:33 AM · #2
A Speed Speed Challenge. Nice concept :)
04/01/2003 07:59:07 AM · #3
The practical joke being that we miss the first 8 hours? : )

Oh well, all afternoon to figure out what trick to play on the missus when she gets home <evil laugh>
04/01/2003 01:09:08 PM · #4
can't play any jokes after 12 noon hour.
Silver Fox.
04/01/2003 01:40:03 PM · #5
I found out about this at 11 AM but at 1:30 must go to work, no time for submission :-(, you guys should do this on weekends,so more people can have chance to participate!
04/01/2003 01:42:07 PM · #6
We can all take pictures of our monitors showing the challenge criteria and call it "This MUST Be A Joke."
04/01/2003 01:55:27 PM · #7
This is a sad moment for me. Have no time for this challenge. I have submitted to every challenge since I joined (45 challenges). But not to this one. I wasn´t expecting this. It really is a sad moment!
04/01/2003 01:58:08 PM · #8
can someone explain to me how submission dates work? all i see is when the submission deadline occurs. but when does it start? (can you tell i'm new here?) thanks...
04/01/2003 02:06:31 PM · #9
Not sure if this will be particularly helpful in inspiring anyone for the challenge, but this is a pretty amusing list:

//www.museumofhoaxes.com/top100.html

Ironically, this is #8:

#8: Alabama Changes the Value of Pi

The April 1998 issue of the New Mexicans for Science and Reason newsletter contained an article claiming that the Alabama state legislature had voted to change the value of the mathematical constant pi from 3.14159 to the 'Biblical value' of 3.0. Before long the article had made its way onto the internet, and then it rapidly made its way around the world, forwarded by people in their email. It only became apparent how far the article had spread when the Alabama legislature began receiving hundreds of calls from people protesting the legislation. The original article, which was intended as a parody of legislative attempts to circumscribe the teaching of evolution, was written by a physicist named Mark Boslough.

Message edited by author 2003-04-01 14:40:25.
04/01/2003 02:27:06 PM · #10
I think my SCORES could be the practical joke. I'm hoping people readjust tomorrow and put "just kidding" in the comments. lol
04/01/2003 03:36:21 PM · #11
They start as soon as the challenge is posted. That is, your photo cannot be taken before the challenge has been posted, even if it would meet the challenge. The goal is to come up with a new photo during the submission time period.

Originally posted by pupparazzo:

can someone explain to me how submission dates work? all i see is when the submission deadline occurs. but when does it start? (can you tell i'm new here?) thanks...

04/01/2003 03:37:31 PM · #12
Originally posted by alansfreed:

Not sure if this will be particularly helpful in inspiring anyone for the challenge, but this is a pretty amusing list:

//www.museumofhoaxes.com/top100.html

Ironically, this is #8:

#8: Alabama Changes the Value of Pi

The April 1998 issue of the New Mexicans for Science and Reason newsletter contained an article claiming that the Alabama state legislature had voted to change the value of the mathematical constant pi from 3.14159 to the 'Biblical value' of 3.0. Before long the article had made its way onto the internet, and then it rapidly made its way around the world, forwarded by people in their email. It only became apparent how far the article had spread when the Alabama legislature began receiving hundreds of calls from people protesting the legislation. The original article, which was intended as a parody of legislative attempts to circumscribe the teaching of evolution, was written by a physicist named Mark Boslough.


I was hoping that the Pi Challenge was a practical joke. LOL!
I guess no such luck. I predict lots of pies, circles and calculator buttons. I might sit this one out, unless I get some divine inspiration.

On the practical joke side, I think I have a good one. With the raw picture and extra rules in hand, I'm off to photoshop land. We'll see!
04/01/2003 04:07:21 PM · #13
I don't think this one's as hard as it's been made out. Pi is a symbol with a shape. If we could find a 3 in a leaf or a 6 in a shell, we can find a pi shaped item, too. lol
04/01/2003 05:29:25 PM · #14
another speed challenge? I really need to become a member.
04/02/2003 11:06:03 AM · #15
Originally posted by franziska lang:

They start as soon as the challenge is posted. That is, your photo cannot be taken before the challenge has been posted, even if it would meet the challenge. The goal is to come up with a new photo during the submission time period.

Originally posted by pupparazzo:

can someone explain to me how submission dates work? all i see is when the submission deadline occurs. but when does it start? (can you tell i'm new here?) thanks...


thanks for clarifying!
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 12/01/2020 07:33:31 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 12/01/2020 07:33:31 AM EST.