DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> Gas prices in your area?
Pages:  
Showing posts 26 - 50 of 105, (reverse)
AuthorThread
03/19/2005 08:23:29 PM · #26
I think we should start a protest were everyone in the world did not buy gas for 5 days, that would drop prices to about 70 cents a gallon. Lets get it started. Someone pich a date this summer, post it on your website email msn, tell your local news station. I'm sick of paying this much for gas.

Travis
03/19/2005 08:25:44 PM · #27
Louisiana $1.98 gal
03/19/2005 08:32:08 PM · #28
Originally posted by deapee:


$2.01 a gallon here for the cheap stuff and like $2.10+ for the good stuff.


Damn...just drove to the video store -- make that $2.07 a gallon for the cheap stuff, $2.14 for medium and for the good stuff $2.21. I put 94 in my bike and that is only at one gas station -- I bet that's $2.30...at least my bike gets 50 mpg hehahahaha
03/19/2005 08:37:56 PM · #29


Subject: Gas rationing

Why didn't George W. think of this?

Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it.

It might even be good for us!

The Saudis are boycotting American goods.

We should return the favor.

An interesting thought it to boycott their GAS.

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I! am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil :

Shell............................. 205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco......... 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil............... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/S! peedway... 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco............................62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo.......................0 barrels
Sunoco...................0 barrels
Conoco...................0 barrels
Sinclair....................0 barrels
BP/Phillips..............0 barrels
Hess........................0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers.

It's really simple to do.

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reac! h millions of people!!

I'm sending this note to about thirty people.

If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it ..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION
PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people.

How long would all that take?

If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day, all 300 MILLION people
could conceivably be contacted within the next eight days!

03/19/2005 08:40:17 PM · #30
Originally posted by orussell:

Originally posted by zeuszen:

0.95 CDN $ in Vancouver, BC, today.


Around the same as here. Must be something about being on a coast that makes it more expensive. To add insult to injury, Newfoundland and Labrador and British Columbia are both oil producing provinces.


I don't think we produce any oil in BC, as yet. Offshore drilling is on the agenda, but there is considerable public opposition. I doubt the present government will survive the next election, in which case all offshore plans should be shelved, once again.
03/19/2005 08:47:58 PM · #31
Today it was
$1.92 at a shell station
$1.94 at the spectrum station
$1.86 at the Costal station
03/19/2005 08:48:56 PM · #32
Originally posted by TLL061:

...Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo.......................0 barrels
Sunoco...................0 barrels
Conoco...................0 barrels
Sinclair....................0 barrels
BP/Phillips..............0 barrels
Hess........................0 barrels

...


Yet the price at the pump at these stations is the same as the stations importing their oil. I thought the gas prices were related to the cost of crude from the middle east??

Message edited by author 2005-03-19 20:49:23.
03/19/2005 08:49:19 PM · #33
$2.23 Michigan
03/19/2005 08:53:37 PM · #34
Originally posted by TLL061:

Subject: Gas rationing

Why didn't George W. think of this?

Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it.

It might even be good for us!

The Saudis are boycotting American goods.

We should return the favor.

An interesting thought it to boycott their GAS.

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I! am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil :

Shell............................. 205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco......... 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil............... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/S! peedway... 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco............................62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo.......................0 barrels
Sunoco...................0 barrels
Conoco...................0 barrels
Sinclair....................0 barrels
BP/Phillips..............0 barrels
Hess........................0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers.

It's really simple to do.

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reac! h millions of people!!

I'm sending this note to about thirty people.

If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it ..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION
PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people.

How long would all that take?

If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day, all 300 MILLION people
could conceivably be contacted within the next eight days!


just sent it to about 20 people.
03/19/2005 09:00:36 PM · #35
I paid $2.15 today for regular in Florida. I remember back in the day when it was 77 cents/gallon.
03/19/2005 09:02:11 PM · #36
The boycot idea might be a good one but, everyone should simply not buy from only one of the big companies like Shell for 90 days. Then you would see some changes made.
Do the chain letter by narrowing it down to one company.
03/19/2005 09:22:12 PM · #37
Where I live in Calif. we are paying about $2.35 Gal
03/19/2005 09:37:20 PM · #38
Originally posted by colyla:

Originally posted by jonr:

Everybody in the US: STFU over gas prices:
I pay $6.4 per gallon. And that is lower than it seems because of the weak dollar! (I even did the conversion for you!)


I think that was a little uncalled for. No need to be ugly.


Sorry, forgot the :)
03/19/2005 09:51:09 PM · #39
Dosnt look like its going to let up either.

Surging oil puts pressure on OPEC
03/19/2005 10:13:45 PM · #40
$2.60 in California
03/19/2005 10:28:13 PM · #41
I'm sold...sunoco it is for me from now on. I'm boycotting.

--

EDIT: well, I just posted that up on the 4 largest message boards I go to so I definately did my part -- probably 500 people will see it by tomorrow morning.

Message edited by author 2005-03-19 22:34:22.
03/19/2005 10:30:40 PM · #42
Originally posted by autool:

The boycot idea might be a good one but, everyone should simply not buy from only one of the big companies like Shell for 90 days. Then you would see some changes made.
Do the chain letter by narrowing it down to one company.


It is a seasonal jump - the prices will decline in a month - the refineries are doing their annual pre season work and some are offline, so the remaining ones are at capacity, and demand is still strong.

So we don't buy from Shell. We all buy from Exxon, mobil, BP, etc instead. Shell is not happy, the rest are ecstatic.

Option 2 - we buy no gas on Tuesday. Well, since i still drive, i buy it monday or wednesday...one day shows nothing.

Get China to give up all their cars, and prices will decline. Perhaps build a refinery and prices will decline.

go by a hybrid or some high mileage car, and your costs will decline.

tonite i stopped at Arby's on the way home to eat. i parked in the lot and ate in my car, tried to enjoy the 60degree temps. the car nest to me was parked and running when i pulled in, and was there for over 10 minutes, just idling, burning gas for no reason, good or bad. Stop that kind of waste and we'll see lower prices!
03/19/2005 10:31:14 PM · #43
2.10 in the Phoenix burbs. Probably more in town. Sounds like we are a bargan!
03/19/2005 10:33:47 PM · #44
We are paying a bit over $2.50/gallon, but there is not much of anywhere to drive so it doesn't matter all that much.
03/19/2005 10:33:48 PM · #45
Originally posted by louddog:

2.10 in the Phoenix burbs. Probably more in town. Sounds like we are a bargan!


Wait ten minutes and it'll change...

1.99 thursday, 2.05 yesterday, 2.07 today (i did see one at still 2.05 this morning)

Monday the 7th it was 1.92. (pittsburgh, pa)

12 days, 15 cents...

Message edited by author 2005-03-19 22:34:12.
03/19/2005 10:48:43 PM · #46
2.20 a gallon here in Michigan. What's wierd is that it's on a weekly or biweekly cycle that moves as much as 25-30 cents difference. We're on the high side now. Wonder if it'll drop like normal on Monday... Anyone else have a cycle like this or is it just central Michigan?
03/19/2005 10:55:03 PM · #47
i dont even look at the price cause i gotta have it anyway
03/19/2005 11:00:17 PM · #48
I paid $2.05 today. Got $25.00 worth for around 12 gallons, its such a shame. Don't blame me, I voted for Kerry ;o)
03/19/2005 11:01:06 PM · #49
Originally posted by TooCool:

... Anyone else have a cycle like this or is it just central Michigan?


We have a cycle here in Ontario...the gas automatically goes up on Friday, and comes back down on Monday. Strange how does shortages can be so cyclical... I wonder could it be that they are trying to gouge us......

Ray
03/19/2005 11:13:20 PM · #50
found this...

//www.snopes.com/politics/business/saudigas.asp
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 01/20/2021 02:15:03 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 01/20/2021 02:15:03 PM EST.