DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> Raising $$ for Membership (was Should I give up?)
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 107, (reverse)
AuthorThread
02/13/2005 05:31:05 AM · #1
Well, I've tried many ways to subscribe to DPC. None of them worked out.
Bank says that my credit card is not of the international kind (can't pay stuff in dollars). Bank also says that they charge U$ 50 for every single money order (U$ 75 would get me into DPC for 3 years for christ's sake). The post office wants to charge me 10 bucks if I want to send in money on a security envelope. My account on the US (Bank Atlantic) has been closed, leaving me with an unused checkbook (lost something like U$ 30-40, not much of a deal, but would have paid for DPC. I can't think of anything else to do.
Should I just give up and remain a registered user only?
Should I do some slave work, or even shoot myself down? LoL

Ideas are welcome!
02/13/2005 05:38:05 AM · #2
I believe you can pay via PayPal.com from Brazil.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-approved-signup-countries-outside
02/13/2005 05:38:56 AM · #3
Hi Scuds,
I'm an American who's been living in Sweden for 8 years, so I've had problems similar to yours, but not with DPC. I paid for DPC with Paypal. Some people think Paypal is evil, but I only use it when I need to, which is seldom. Haven't had any problems so far and it's free.

It's really fun being a member - hope you can get in!
02/13/2005 05:38:57 AM · #4
Open a Paypal account, then you can pay for your membership without any problems.
02/13/2005 05:51:12 AM · #5
I also have to use a credit card for pay pal, and it won't accept mine! Not sure what's going on with that stupid credit card. I paid for dinner yesterday with it and it worked fine! But then it won't accept on paypal.

I'm also very unsure about paypal. Not for the security of if, but how am I going to pay them, if i use it to pay for the subscription to the website!

does it only take credit cards? Or is there any other form of payment.
It has to be done IN BRAZIL, cz if it's not, it ain't gonna work for me, cz it would be the same story going on all over again!
02/13/2005 05:57:26 AM · #6
Originally posted by scuds:

I also have to use a credit card for pay pal, and it won't accept mine! Not sure what's going on with that stupid credit card. I paid for dinner yesterday with it and it worked fine! But then it won't accept on paypal.

I'm also very unsure about paypal. Not for the security of if, but how am I going to pay them, if i use it to pay for the subscription to the website!

does it only take credit cards? Or is there any other form of payment.
It has to be done IN BRAZIL, cz if it's not, it ain't gonna work for me, cz it would be the same story going on all over again!


You can transfer cash from your bank into a Paypal account where it will sit until you want to use it. I have been using Paypal for a couple of years and find it secure, fast and convenient. It is also useful if someone wants to send you money!!

Steve
02/13/2005 06:15:40 AM · #7
Originally posted by Formerlee:

You can transfer cash from your bank into a Paypal account where it will sit until you want to use it.
Steve


The thing is, they only allow me to send money from within the US. And the one and only account I have (had) is closed.
' . substr('//img160.exs.cx/img160/6231/paypal1wu.jpg', strrpos('//img160.exs.cx/img160/6231/paypal1wu.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
Well well well.... it beats me.....

Message edited by author 2005-02-13 06:22:16.
02/13/2005 06:33:58 AM · #8
How about try using a frends credit card ad just pay them for it? Or can u talk to the bank about perhaps making your car international?

Message edited by author 2005-02-13 06:34:12.
02/13/2005 06:38:55 AM · #9
Originally posted by loz1:

How about try using a frends credit card ad just pay them for it? Or can u talk to the bank about perhaps making your car international?


I didn't think of that! Might work!

Let me give it a shot! Thanks dude.....
02/13/2005 10:22:20 AM · #10
Let's all help scuds out. Maybe we can get 25 people to donate $1 each and pay it for him.
02/13/2005 11:40:39 AM · #11
Originally posted by rex07734:

Let's all help scuds out. Maybe we can get 25 people to donate $1 each and pay it for him.


It couldn't get any better than that!
I've tried a couple of friends, none of 'em have the type of credit card necessary (no international ones). The rest of my friends are just lazy and do not work heheh, no income for them, no credit card!

Well, I guess I'll just start playing my gipsy role in here and beg for my subscription LoL!

Thank you very much in advance for even coming up with that solution! Even if it doesn't work out! thanks a lot!
02/13/2005 11:44:41 AM · #12
If you can get 24 other people to donate a dollar, I will.
02/13/2005 11:46:17 AM · #13
Ok everyone my paypal balance as of now is $0.00 Donate what you want. We need $25 dollars for scuds's membership. My account is under jstantonjr@adelphia(dot)net. I am trying to confuse things but you know how to do the e-mail. Once $25 dollars is in there I will pay for his subscription. If it goes over $25 I can return your money or give it to a charity. Or would it be better if I pay then get my money back from everyone who wants to donate. If SC is watching how do I pay for someones subscription. Gift?
02/13/2005 11:50:22 AM · #14
5
02/13/2005 11:54:05 AM · #15
Alright nsbca7 $5.00 starts it.
02/13/2005 11:56:03 AM · #16
Originally posted by rex07734:

Ok everyone my paypal balance as of now is $0.00 Donate what you want. We need $25 dollars for scuds's membership. My account is under jstantonjr@adelphia(dot)net. I am trying to confuse things but you know how to do the e-mail. Once $25 dollars is in there I will pay for his subscription. If it goes over $25 I can return your money or give it to a charity. Or would it be better if I pay then get my money back from everyone who wants to donate. If SC is watching how do I pay for someones subscription. Gift?

just ask them for their username password, log in, pay, log out, and tell them to change their password.
02/13/2005 12:00:26 PM · #17
Come on people if we get enough to pay for scuds then I will donate a membership for someone else on my own.
02/13/2005 12:01:19 PM · #18
Thanks for the help Harrison
02/13/2005 12:01:57 PM · #19
I've sent $1.00 via paypal.
02/13/2005 12:06:09 PM · #20
Thanks milo. Everybody remeber if you pay with a credit card it charges me a percentage

Total so far:

$5.22

Come on Fellow DPC'ers
02/13/2005 12:20:54 PM · #21
OK nobody else wants to help. I will donate the rest.

Message edited by author 2005-02-15 09:21:12.
02/13/2005 12:24:47 PM · #22
I'll give you $5
02/13/2005 12:26:58 PM · #23
Send it peecee. If I can get enough for scuds I will donate $25 of my own money to another membership to someone who wants it. I need that money first before I reveal who gets it and how I choose
02/13/2005 12:28:13 PM · #24
Originally posted by rex07734:

OK nobody else wants to help. I will donate the rest. Scuds PM me your password.


Patience. Lots of us have just woken up from a hard winters night. Give it a chance.
02/13/2005 12:31:30 PM · #25
Originally posted by rex07734:

Send it peecee. If I can get enough for scuds I will donate $25 of my own money to another membership to someone who wants it. I need that money first before I reveal who gets it and how I choose

Done, or should be.
No need for the other one, make someone's day and buy a print, maybe Kavey's charity would be a great choice,and you get a great print too.
Come on guys two good deeds for the price of one.
Paul.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 07/30/2021 03:01:08 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 07/30/2021 03:01:08 AM EDT.