DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> Posthumous and other special awards
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 8 of 8, (reverse)
AuthorThread
01/26/2024 12:38:47 PM · #1
I have always enjoyed the special awards Don and others pass out. When one of my entries gets one, I post it to my profile. But today, even though I am signed in, I can't see any of those awards. Have I inadvertently changed a display setting? Does anyone else have this problem? If it's only me, do you have any suggestions? I want my awards back . . . AND I want to post a new one!!
01/26/2024 01:01:08 PM · #2
Sadly, I have never received a Posthumous award (just some nice comments from time to time), so there were no such awards to vanish from my page. However, the other bits of miscellaneous recognition bling continue to display without any new changes to see on my profile page.
01/26/2024 01:09:32 PM · #3
Originally posted by nam:

I have always enjoyed the special awards Don and others pass out. When one of my entries gets one, I post it to my profile. But today, even though I am signed in, I can't see any of those awards. Have I inadvertently changed a display setting? Does anyone else have this problem? If it's only me, do you have any suggestions? I want my awards back . . . AND I want to post a new one!!

Nikki - I can see them on your profile page. Are you just seeing a blank space (not found) type of thing in place of the award images?

Try doing a refresh (F5) or browser refresh. ??? Log out and back in?
01/26/2024 01:13:17 PM · #4
Originally posted by bob350:

... other bits of miscellaneous recognition bling continue to display without any new changes to see on my profile page.

Sometimes these are hosted on the user's own site (or elsewhere) and not here at DPC, so they can disappear without our knowledge or control ...
01/26/2024 01:46:32 PM · #5
Originally posted by GeneralE:

Originally posted by bob350:

... other bits of miscellaneous recognition bling continue to display without any new changes to see on my profile page.

Sometimes these are hosted on the user's own site (or elsewhere) and not here at DPC, so they can disappear without our knowledge or control ...


I used to host mine but now they are DPC thumbnails. but as I said in the other thread, I see them just fine in nam's profile. I think glad is on the right track.
01/26/2024 07:54:17 PM · #6
Thanks for the ideas - and reassurance. I'm busy now but will try to figure this out later.
01/26/2024 10:06:22 PM · #7
I'm good to go now. I'd rather not tell you what I think was wrong . . .
01/26/2024 10:19:19 PM · #8
Originally posted by nam:

... I'd rather not tell you what I think was wrong . . .

Pages:  
Current Server Time: 02/22/2024 11:20:22 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2024 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Current Server Time: 02/22/2024 11:20:22 PM EST.