DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Administrator Announcements >> DPChallenge Payment Issues
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 14 of 14, (reverse)
AuthorThread
07/18/2022 04:24:10 PM · #1
Folks,

as many of you are aware, we are dealing with a couple of related issues on the administrative end having to with submitted membership payments being rejected because of attempts we have made to institute a more secure authentication procedure to protect ourselves from "spoofing" accounts (rafts and rafts of them) that seemed to have bypassed normal protections and "presented" as paid accounts although they actually were not.

I'm not a programmer-wonk and I can't speak to this in any detail, so don't read the above too literally, please. But the bottom line is, payments for renewals and new memberships are not going through. Mita has been plugging in free, 1-month extensions to these renewals whilst he and his team try to solve the problem, but it is going to take a while.

So, as of now, any attempts to renew your paid memberships will result in an automatic extension as described above, AND any new signups will essentially be getting a free month of membership :-)

If you're on the fence about becoming a paid member, here's your chance to give it a whirl :-)
07/18/2022 08:35:42 PM · #2
Thanks for the heads up, Bear.
07/18/2022 11:56:13 PM · #3
Thanks for the heads up.

But it also reminds me that I won a fee subscription awhile ago. If anyone is in need, Iím happy to donate it. Or if thereís anyone who knows someone who might want it, I hear by donate it to a good cause. Just contact Bear.
07/19/2022 01:04:04 PM · #4
Same for me. Happy to donate to someone.

Originally posted by vawendy:

Thanks for the heads up.

But it also reminds me that I won a fee subscription awhile ago. If anyone is in need, Iím happy to donate it. Or if thereís anyone who knows someone who might want it, I hear by donate it to a good cause. Just contact Bear.
07/20/2022 03:48:33 PM · #5
I am happy to help in anyway I can, donation or???
Let me know.
07/21/2022 02:31:53 AM · #6
Hi vawendy \ grahamgator
I will be happy to receive membership
Although most of the time I do not have time to shoot for a particular competition I am happy to enter contests and use photo from my archive.
Thanks

Originally posted by grahamgator:

Same for me. Happy to donate to someone.

Originally posted by vawendy:

Thanks for the heads up.

But it also reminds me that I won a fee subscription awhile ago. If anyone is in need, Iím happy to donate it. Or if thereís anyone who knows someone who might want it, I hear by donate it to a good cause. Just contact Bear.
07/21/2022 01:36:12 PM · #7
Are there still problems, or is it just on my side?
07/21/2022 01:58:45 PM · #8
Originally posted by kasaba:

Are there still problems, or is it just on my side?

It's a site problem which is yet to be resolved -- there should be a follow-up announcement when it is.
07/21/2022 02:04:51 PM · #9
Originally posted by GeneralE:

Originally posted by kasaba:

Are there still problems, or is it just on my side?

It's a site problem which is yet to be resolved -- there should be a follow-up announcement when it is.


Thank you, great, I just wasn't sure if it was now on my side and I just assumed it was DPC's problem ....
07/27/2022 04:32:07 PM · #10
I just renewed without any payment problems.
No free month for me I guess :-P
07/27/2022 04:39:04 PM · #11
Originally posted by Janja:

I just renewed without any payment problems.
No free month for me I guess :-P

That's good news :-)
07/27/2022 10:24:42 PM · #12
Had trouble too... I think I will wait for a few days longer before I try to renew... mita graciously extended a month.
07/28/2022 03:56:30 PM · #13
Had problems until today - worked a treat!
07/29/2022 05:19:34 PM · #14
According to the latest intel from Mita, this issue is resolved :-) Thanks to everyone for your patience!
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 11/30/2023 02:59:15 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2023 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Current Server Time: 11/30/2023 02:59:15 AM EST.